Recruitment of Multi tasking Staff for various departments of the Government of India will be done on the basis of SSC MTS 2023 selection test. The exam will be conducted by SSC in two tiers and the related dates will be announced soon. Selected candidates may also be required to acquire the proficiency in local language of the allotted State/ UT. Candidates can apply online for the exam as there will be no offline application accepted. Complete information about the SSC MTS 2023 exam is provided in this article.
Latest: SSC MTS 2023 application form would be available online from 25th January 2023.
SSC MTS 2023 Important Dates
The official dates related to SSC MTS exam 2023 are provided in the table below.
|Availability of online application form||25th January 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||24th February 2023|
|Last date for payment of online application fee||To be updated|
|Last date for application fee payment through challan||To be updated|
|Admit card release date (tier I exam)||To be updated|
|Date of exam (tier I exam)||April to May 2023|
|Result declaration (tier I exam)||To be updated|
|Admit card release date (tier II exam)||To be updated|
|Date of exam (tier II exam)||To be updated|
|Result declaration (tier II exam)||To be updated|
SSC MTS 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can find below the basic eligibility to appear for SSC MTS 2023 exam:
Nationality: The candidate should either be a:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Qualification: Applicants should have passed matriculation or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
Age limit: Depending on the department, the age of the candidate should be in between 18 to 25 years or 18 to 27 years as on 1st August 2023.
Relaxation in upper age limit is given as per the following rule:
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PWD (General)||10 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||3 years after deducting the military service rendered from the actual age as on last date of application|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with foreign country or in a disturbed area & therefore released (General)||3 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with foreign country or in a disturbed area & therefore released (SC/ ST)||8 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees who have rendered at least 3 years regular and continuous service as on last date of application (General)||Up to 40 years of age|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees who have rendered at least 3 years regular and continuous service as on last date of application (SC/ ST)||Up to 45 years of age|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated who are not remarried (General)||Up to 35 years of age|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated who are not remarried (SC/ ST)||Up to 40 years of age|
|Service Clerks in the last year of their color service in the Armed Forces (General)||Up to 45 years of age|
|Service Clerks in the last year of their color service in the Armed Forces (SC/ ST)||Up to 50 years of age|
|Retrenched census employees of Office of Registrar General of India (considered only for offices under RGI in their order of merit and subject to availability of vacancies)||3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weightage of past service|
SSC MTS 2023 Application Form
- Candidates can submit their online applications from the official website of SSC ssc.nic.in.
- At first, candidates will have to register themselves by providing details like name, email id, phone number, etc.
- Registration number and password will be generated after this, which can be used to obtain the application form.
- In the application form, the candidates need to provide their personal and academic details.
- Choice for post/ department and for exam center should be provided into the form as well.
- Candidates also need to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature into the application form.
- Duly filled application fee can then be submitted with the prescribed application fee.
- A printout of the form and fee receipt should be taken by the candidates for future reference.
- The application fee for SSC MTS exam is Rs. 100/-.
- Fee can be paid online using net banking/ credit card/ credit card/ BHIM UPI or offline by submitting cash in SBI Branches by generating Challan.
- Women & Ex-servicemen candidates and those belonging to SC, ST & PWD category are exempted from payment of fee.
SSC MTS 2023 Exam Pattern
Check out the exam pattern for SSCH MTS 2023 tier I and tier II exam below:
- Exam duration: 90 minutes
- Mode of exam: Online
- Medium of paper: Both English and Hindi
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
- Total marks: 100
- Marking scheme: +1 mark for each right answer
- Negative marking: -0.25 marks for each wrong answer
|Part||Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|III||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
- Exam duration: 30 minutes
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Medium of paper: English or any language included in 8th schedule of Constitution
- Type of questions: Subjective type
- Total marks: 50
- Important topic: Short Essay/ Letter
SSC MTS 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for SSC MTS exam 2023 is provided below:
- General Awareness: India and its neighboring countries pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity, etc
- General English: Synonyms, Antonyms, Vocabulary, Sentence Correction, Grammar, etc
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: Relationship Concepts, Figure Classification, Arithmetical Number Series, Non-Verbal Series, Space Visualization, etc
- Numerical Aptitude: Number Systems, Decimals & Fractions, Ratio & Proportion, Average, Interest, Profit & Loss, etc
- Successfully registered candidates will be assigned roll numbers and issued admit card for appearing in the exam.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of concerned regional/ sub-regional office of the Commission.
- Facility for downloading admit card will be available about one week before the examination.
- A hard copy of the admit card along with two passport size photos and original photo id proof should be carried to the exam center.
- PWD candidates availing the facility of scribe also need to carry Medical Certificate/ Undertaking/ Photocopy of the Scribe’s Photo ID Proof.
SSC MTS 2023 Result & Selection
- Result of the MTS exam will be declared online. Candidates can check the result form the official SSC website.
- Those who clear both tiers of exam will be considered as qualified.
- Qualified candidates need to appear for document verification where they must carry all their documents in original.
- After successful verification, departments will be allotted to the candidates as per their ranking and choice.
Question 1: Is it mandatory to clear both papers to get shortlisted for selection?
Answer: Absolutely yes!! Candidates need to clear both tier I and tier II exam to be eligible for recruitment. Although, tier II paper will only be qualifying in nature and allotment of department will be done on the basis of tier I paper.
Question 2: I have scored more than minimum cut-off but still not showing shortlisted for next round. What should I do?
Answer: If a candidate scoring more than cut-off marks is not qualified for the subsequent stage, he/ she must represent to the concerned regional/ sub- regional office within two months of result declaration or two week prior to the conduct of next stage, whichever is earlier.
Question 3: Who all are eligible for appearing in the tier II exam?
Answer: Candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in Paper II on the basis of their performance in Paper I. It is therefore mandatory to clear the paper I in order to be eligible for Paper II.