UPSC is the sole conductor of the Assistant Commandant’s Examination and it decides all the processes of the examination. The examination pattern for this examination has been provided in detail which all the candidates can go through with to give their study an edge.
- The written examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in the last week of June 2018.
- Candidates will have to appear and qualify two question papers viz. Paper-I and Paper-II to get call for the interview and personality.
- Paper-I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper-II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence (250 Marks)
The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
- There will be minimum qualifying marks separately in each Paper as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion.
- Paper-I will be evaluated first and evaluation of Paper-II will be done only of those candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I.
Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension (200 Marks)
In this paper candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precise Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills will be English only.
- Candidates should ensure that in Paper-II they write the answers only in the medium allowed by the Commission for the different Components as mentioned above. No credit will be given for answers written in a medium other than the one allowed in the Paper.
- Candidates will be required to indicate the medium of Essay Component in the Attendance Lists and on the Answer Book. No credit will be given for the Essay Component if the candidate indicates a medium on the Attendance List and on the Answer Book other than the one in which he/she has written the Essay.
Visit here to download admit card
Interview/Personality Test (150 Marks)
Candidates, who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests, will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
Candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview/Personality Tests provisionally.
Candidates who are short-listed for Interview/Personality Test, including those shortlisted for Interview/Personality Test provisionally will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which among other things, they will be required to indicate their preference of Forces.
Final Selection / Merit
The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test.
Marks obtained by the candidates in the first question paper and the second question paper along with the marks of interview/personality test will be added while making the final list of the selected candidates.
The personality test will be conducted by the board appointed by UPSC to perceive candidates’ ability and suitability for the job and the responsibility they will bear after the selection.