JNU MCA Exam Information

JNU MCA: Jawaharlal Nehru University conducts the JNU MCA entrance examination to select the candidates for admission into the MCA programme. Able and the eligible candidates can apply for the exam and admission to the university by applying thru the application form. In the post, candidates can get all the important information about the application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and important dates.

JNU MCA 2018- Important Dates 

The dates as per the official exam and admission schedule issued by the university are available in the following table.

S.No. Name of the events of the Exam Date Assigned
2.        Date for Application form 15th September 2017
3.        Last date for submission of the Application form 13th October 2017
4.        Date of release of admit card 10th December 2017
5.        Date of examination 28th December 2017
6.        Result Announcement 25th March 2018

Note: It is obvious that the dates which university issues for the examination and admission are tentative and may change. University will let the candidates know about any change in the schedule of the admission process.

Get Engineering,Exam Updates through e-mail, by entering your details below.

Eligibility Criteria

The details of the eligibility criteria are as available in the following points:

  • Applicants must have completed the 10+2+3 level education from recognized board/institution/university.
  • In addition to that, they must have attained 55% marks at the bachelor level of education.
  • Besides, candidates must have studied Mathematics as a compulsory subject at the graduation level.
  • The age of the applicants must not be less than 17 years.

JNU MCA Application Form

All the candidates, who are eligible, can apply thru the application form as according to the guidelines given below:

  • Te application form will be available on the official portal of the university which is ‘jnu.ac.in’.
  • Candidates can register and apply for the entrance examination conducted by the university.
  • Applicants will also upload the scanned photo and signature in the provided boxes of the application form.
  • There will be application fee which university will take from the applicants and that every applicant shall have to pay thru the various ways.
  • The application fee for all the candidates of the general category ill b Rs. 220.
  • The application fee for all the candidates of the reserved category will be Rs. 110.
  • Applicants can pay the fee via credit card, debit card or net banking

Exam Pattern

Candidates will get the admission in the MCA course on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination:

  • The university will conduct the examination in the offline mode.
  • The exam will be of 3 hours.
  • The question paper will have multiple choice questions.
  • The total marks for the question paper will be 100.
  • 80% of the questions in the exam will be from probability and General Mathematics, and 20% questions will be from Mental Aptitude.

JNU MCA Admit Card

After candidates apply thru the online application form, the university will issue the admit card to all the eligible applicants.

  • The admit card will be available on the official website of the university.
  • Admit card will have the details about the exam name, venue, duration of the exam and the reporting time.
  • It will be mandatory to take the admit card at the examination centre and without it, the entry will be denied.

JNU MCA Result

The university will publish the result of the entrance examination on the official website. The result will probably available in the month of June 2018. After qualifying the entrance test, candidates will be eligible to appear for the counseling which university will conduct for admission.


Eventually, the qualified candidates will get a call from the university to appear for counseling.

At the time of counseling the admission authority will check all the certificates of the applicants and then will take the decision about the admission of the applicant.

Share This Information

For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here

Leave a Comment