The candidates who wish to get admissions into the MBBS course offered by JIPMER can apply for the JIPMER 2021 exam. The exam will be conducted in online mode, i.e. as a computer-based test. Application forms for admission will be released in March 2021 (tentatively) in the online mode. Successfully registered candidates will be able to download their admit card and appear for the exam. Those qualifying the exam will be given admissions subject to verification of documents and eligibility.
JIPMER 2021- Highlights
- Applicants are suggested to ensure their eligibility as application fee or any other submitted fee will not be refunded if ineligibility is found at any stage.
- A copy of the filled-in application form and fee receipt must be kept safe for future reference.
- The candidate must get the signature and seal of the centre representative/ invigilator on their admit card.
- Candidates are strictly advised to appear for the exam center and shift as the ones indicated in their admit card.
- Certificate to be produced during counseling should not be older than one year on date of first counseling.
The tentative dates of JIPMER 2021 are given in the table below:
|Release of online application form||1st week of March 2021|
|Last date for application form submission||2nd week of April 2021|
|Admit card release date||4th week of May 2021|
|Date of entrance exam||1st week of June 2021|
|Release of merit list||3rd week of June 2021|
|Commencement of counseling||Last week of June 2021|
|Second round of counseling||4th week of July 2021|
|Third round of counseling||3rd week of August 2021|
|Final round of counseling||Last week of September 2021|
|Admission formalities||1st week of July 2021|
|Issue of admission letter||1st week of July 2021|
|Beginning of classes||1st week of July 2021|
|Closing of admission process||Last week of September 2021|
Overview of the JIPMER 2021 exam pattern is given as:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Medium of test: English
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Number of questions: 200
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice question
- Total marks: 800
- Marking scheme: For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- Negative marking: for each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|English Language & Comprehension||10||40|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10||40|
The syllabus of JIPMER 2021 will be based on curriculum of class 11th and 12th and is given below as:
- Physics: Gravitation, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Friction, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetism, Oscillation, Electronic Waves, Optics, Solid State Electronics, Electromagnetic Induction, Thermodynamics, Atomic & Nuclear Physics, etc
- Chemistry: Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Elements and Periodicity, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, Principles & Techniques of Organic Chemistry, Coordination Compounds, Surface Chemistry, Haloalkanes & Haloarenes, Chemical Kinetics, etc
- Biology: Diversity in Living World, Biological Classification, Cell Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Reproduction, Genetics, Evolution, Ecosystem, Biology and Human Welfare, etc
The candidates preparing for JIPMER 2021 can follow these tips to clear the exam with good marks:
- Prepare a time table giving proper time to each subject. You can update the time table according to your preparation status.
- Collect your study material from authentic sources. NCERT books are the most important source of study material.
- Make notes of all the important topics you come across while studying. These notes will come in handy during revision.
- After covering a significant portion of your syllabus, you can start practicing previous years’ question papers.
- Solve mock tests as actual exam so as to assess your strength and weakness. You can mould your preparation according to that.
The candidates aspiring to clear JIPMER can refer to the following books for preparation:
- Physics: Fundamental Physics by Pradeep and Concepts of Physics by HC Verma
- Chemistry: Organic Chemistry by OP Tandon, Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee, Physical Chemistry by Peter Atkins
- Biology: Biology of Pradeep Publication and Biology Volume 1 and 2 by Trueman
The following are the eligibility criteria required to be fulfilled for JIPMER 2021:
|Nationality||Indian National candidates, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Non-Resident Indians (NRI) are eligible to appear.|
|Age limit||The minimum age of the candidates should be 17 years as on 31st December 2021. There will be no upper age limit.|
|Qualification||The candidates should have cleared their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English subjects. A minimum of 60% (50% for the SC/ ST/ OBC/ OPH candidates) marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology is required. Individual pass in these subjects and in English is also mandatory. Candidates who will appear in class 12th exam in the year 2021 can also apply.|
The application form for JIPMER MBBS 2021 will be released on the official website of the institute. Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements for admissions can fill and submit their application in online mode.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal and academic details.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates will also be uploaded in the application form.
- Scanned copies of category and disability certificate are required to be uploaded as applicable.
- Duly-filled application form can be submitted by the candidates along with required fee.
- Care must be taken to enter only correct details in the form or else it might get rejected.
- Applications submitted after the last date is over will not be considered.
- It is advised that the candidates keep a printout of the filed-in application form along with them for future use.
The application fee can be paid online using credit card, debit card or net banking. Fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
The category-wise fee structure is given below:
|General (UR)/ P-UR/ OBC/ P-OBC||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ ST and P-SC/ ST||Rs. 1200/-|
|NRI/ OCI||Rs. 3000/-|
|OPH/ P-OPH||Exempted from paying application fee|
- The admit card will be available for download from month of May onwards from the official website of JIPMER.
- Admit card can only be downloaded online and will not send by courier or post.
- The admit card/ hall ticket will contain name, date of birth, photograph and signature, roll number of the candidate and details of exam center.
- Applicants without a valid admit card and an identity proof (original & photocopy) will not be allowed to take the exam.
- Request for rectification in the hall ticket will not be considered under any circumstances.
Result & Counseling
- Result of JIPMER 2021 exam is expected to be released online in the month of June 2021.
- List of the candidates who secure more than the minimum required percentile will be made available on the website.
- Marks/ percentile score obtained by the candidates will also be published on the website.
- On the basis of marks obtained by the candidates, category-wise merit list will be prepared for counseling.
- Schedule of the counseling will be communicated to the candidates through the institute website.
- Candidates shortlisted for counseling must report at the venue as per the defined schedule.
- During counseling, the certificates and eligibility of the candidates will be verified and after successful verification, admissions will be granted.