The online availability for JEE Main application form will commence from December onward through the official website of the conducting body i.e. NTA. The complete application process is online only. As soon as the officials will release the online application form, candidates can start applying for JEE Main. Candidates must ensure their eligibility as per the criteria set for JEE (Main), before filling the online application form.
Here, below in this article we’re listing the step by step instructions for how to fill the JEE Main 2018 application form for the ease of candidates.
JEE Main online application form link is now live. Find the direct link below in the post.
Table of Contents
How to fill JEE Main Application Form?
The entire process will include following stages:
- Fill the application form
- Upload images/documents
- Pay application fee
We recommend candidates to first read the below important instructions before they start JEE Main application fill-in process.
- There will be no printed application form for JEE (Main). Candidates have to apply online only.
- As per MHRD official notification, all the candidates from Indian National should possess valid AADHAAR Card issued by UIDAI. Without Aadhaar card numbers, the applicants will not be allowed fill JEE Main application form in any way. However, the provision of Aadhaar Card number is not applicable for candidates belonging to the states of Meghalaya, Assam, and Jammu & Kashmir. Candidates from these three states need to provide their passport number, bank account number, ration card number, or any other valid government ID while filling the JEE Main application form.
- Candidates must keep the scanned copies of official documents ready with them before starting the application process.
- The applicants should possess their own working phone number and a valid email id.
- Applicants can submit only one application form. More than one application from any individual will be rejected summarily.
- Applicants can check the status of their online application form on JEE (Main) website.
Step by step guide on How to fill JEE Main Application Form
Stage -1: Fill the application form
- Open the official website of JEE Main i.e. jeemain.nic.in.
- Thereafter click on ‘Apply for JEE Main 2018’ link.
- You will see some instructions related to Aadhar Card requirement. Please read all the instructions very carefully.
- Click on the check box and proceed to apply online.
- Click against the checkbox and then proceed to apply online.
- Now you will reach on Authentication Form.
- Fill all the mandatory fields including the Nationality, State of Eligibility, State, Identification type & Number, name, DOB, Gender and then click on “submit” button
- After clicking on submit button you will reach on the next page of Application Form for (JEE Main) – 2018.
- Fill the exam related details such applying for, examination mode, choice of examination center and paper medium.
- Then, fill the personal details such as candidate’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, state of eligibility, category, PwD, Date of Birth, gender and residence.
- After filling the personal details, candidates have to fill their academic details such as school board, passing year etc.
- Enter the mailing details like mail ID, address, and Phone number.
- Fill the section of guardian details including occupation, income etc.
- Now make your password and type the security pin.
- Click on the “NEXT” button.
- Candidates should review the page before final submission.
Stage- 2: Upload images
Upload the scanned images of your photograph, signature and thumb impression as per the specification.
Note: Candidates should upload their colored photograph with clear background.
- Click on the preview button before uploading.
- Make changes if found not OK.
- If no change is required proceed for the next step.
Stage – 3: Payment of fee
According to your choice of paper i.e. paper 1, paper 2 or both and gender and exam city, the applicable fee will display on your system screen.
- Click on the ‘Pay Exam Fee’ link
- Click on ‘go for payment’ button.
- Here you need to select the payment mode between credit card/debit cards or e-challan.
- The payment of fee may be made either by any debit/ credit card or through e-Challan of Syndicate/ ICICI/Canara/ HDFC Bank.
In case of payment via credit card/debit card
In case of fee payment through credit and debit cards, applicants will have to pay an additional processing fee as following:
Debit Card: 0.75% + taxes for examination fee up to Rs. 2000 & 1% + taxes for examination fee more than Rs. 2000
Credit Card: 1.20% of the exam fee along with the service tax as applicable.
In case of payment via E-Challan
- Candidate should choose b/w Syndicate/ ICICI/ Canara/HDFC Bank e-challan.
- Download the e-challan and take the print out of the same.
- Bring it to the nearby branch of respective bank of which you have downloaded the e-challan.
- Complete payment process.
JEE MAIN 2018 Application Fee
The details of application fee are as follows:
|Paper (s)||Pen & Paper Based exam||Online mode (CBT)|
|For examination centres selected in India|
|Paper 1 or 2||Rs 1000
|Paper 1 and 2 both||Rs 1800
|For examination centres selected in abroad|
|Paper 1 or 2||Rs 2500
|Paper 1 and 2 both||Rs 3800