About Jawaharlal Nehru Agricultural University
Established in the year 1964, Jawaharlal Nehru Agricultural University, Jabalpur is commonly known as JNKVV is a UGC recognized and renowned university for agricultural studies separated into two main departments of Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering. The university was instated by India’s first lady prime minister Smt. Indira Gandhi with major objective to impart research, education and extension activities for improving profitability, productivity and sustainability of agricultural production systems and value of rural livelihood in the state of Madhya Pradesh. JNKVV serve as a centre of education and research in the area of agriculture and associated Science and to broadcast technologies to farmers, extension human resources and organizations involved in agricultural growth through various extension programs. Currently, the University is serving almost 25 districts of the State throughout five college of Agriculture and one College of Agricultural Engineering; one Dry land Horticulture Research &Training Centre; one Horticulture Vocational Training Institute; four Zonal Agricultural Research Stations; four Agricultural Research Stations; four Regional Agricultural Research Stations.
Facilities available at Jawaharlal Nehru Agriculture University:
- The university has huge library with having thousand of books, magazines and other educational stuff.
- JNKVV has many well equipped and spacious class rooms
- There are also various well furnished workshops available for students
- The university has an excellent scholarship and placement record.
Ingredient Colleges at Jawaharlal Nehru Agriculture University:
- College of Agriculture, Rewa
- College of Agriculture, Jabalpur
- College of Agriculture, Tikamgarh
- College of Agricultural Engineering, Jabalpur
- College of Agriculture, Ganjbasoda (Vidisha)
Courses and their eligibility criteria offered by Jawaharlal Nehru Agriculture University (JNKVV)
- Bachelor of Technology in Agriculture Engineering- four years
Candidates will get admitted to Bachelor Degree course of the University through the entrance test being hosted by the Professional Examination Board, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh (VYAPAM, Bhopal).
- Master of Technology in Agriculture Engineering- two years
Applicant must be passed B.Tech in Agril Engineering with minimum 60% marks.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering- three years
Applicant must be M.Tech (Agril Engg) degree holder in relevant subject.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture- two years (2 coures)
Eligibility criteria is same as per B.tech (Agri Engg) mentioned above
- Master of Science (Agriculture)- 2 courses
Master of Science in Agriculture- two years
Candidate must hold Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3/4/5 pattern of education with minimum of 55% marks or its correspondent grade point average from any recognized university.
Master of Science in Forestry- two years
Candidates must have qualified B.Sc (Agriculture) / B.Sc (Forestry) / B.Sc (Horticulture) / / B.Sc. (Botany, Zoology & Chemistry)/B.Sc. (Agri. Biotechnology) / B.Tech (Dairy Tech) with at least of 60% marks.
Doctor of Philosophy in Agriculture- three years
Candidate must be M.Sc (Ag) degree holder in applicable subject with at least of 65% marks.
Contact details of Jawaharlal Nehru Agricultural University, Jabalpur
Address: Jawaharlal Nehru Agricultural University, Jabalpur, Adharatal, Jabalpur Madhya Pradesh (India) – 482004
Contact phone number: 0761-2681858
Contact Email address: [email protected]
Website address: http://www.jnkvv.nic.in
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here