Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur will release the official notification for admission to the Ph.D. program (Regular, Sponsored, Working Professionals, and Individual Fellowship). The research course is available in the field of Engineering, Technology, Science, Architecture & Regional Planning, Humanities & Social Sciences, Rural Development, Law, Management, and Medicine. Those who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form. Candidates must ensure that meet the eligibility criteria before applying. In this post, we are going to provide complete details related to the IIT Kharagpur Ph.D. Admission 2022.
The tentative dates related to the IIT Kharagpur Ph.D. Admission 2022 are given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||Last week of October 2022|
|Last date for the submission of application form through website||4th week of November 2022|
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of completed application (for Ph.D through Project category only) at the Academic(PGS&R) Section||Last week of November 2022|
|Test and/or Interview to be conducted in the respective Departments/ Centers/ Schools (for shortlisted candidates)||2nd week of December 2022 to 3rd week of December 2022|
|Date of Admission||1st week of January 2023|
Research Area/ Specifications
The area of research available in the different departments/ centers/ schools are listed below.
- Department: Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural and Food Engineering, Architecture and Regional Planning, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering, Geology and Geophysics, Humanities and Social Sciences, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Mining Engineering, Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture, Physics
- Centre: Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Technology Development, Centre for Educational Technology, Centre for Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Science, Centre for Theoretical Studies, Centre for Computational and Data Sciences (CCDS), Cryogenic Engineering, Rekhi Centre of Excellence for the Science of Happiness, Deysarkar Centre for Excellence in Petroleum Engineering, Materials Science, Rubber Technology, Rural Development, PK Sinha Centre For Bioenergy and Renewables.
- School: Bio Science, Energy Science and Engineering, Environmental Science and Engineering, G.S. Sanyal School of Telecommunication, Nano Science and Technology, Rajendra Mishra School of Engineering Entrepreneurship, Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, Ranbir and Chitra Gupta School of Infrastructure Design and Management, School of Medical Science and Technology, School of Water Resources, Subir Chowdhury School of Quality and Reliability, Vinod Gupta School of Management
IIT Kharagpur PhD Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
It is important for all candidates to make sure that they meet all the required eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Complete details related to the IIT Kharagpur PhD Admission 2022 are given below.
- Candidates should have any of the following degrees with a minimum of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in 10 point scale
- M.Tech (Master of Technology) / MS / ME (Master of Engineering)/ M.Sc. (Engg.,)
- M. Arch./ MCP (Master of City planning) /MRP (Master of Regional Planning)
- M. Phil. (2 years programme)
- MBA / PG Diploma in Management of 2-year duration (after completion of B.Tech/ M.Sc/ MA/ M.Com)
- LLM (2 years programme) after either at least 5 years of integrated LLB degree after 10+2 examination Or 3 years LLB degree after 10+2+3 examination
- A degree equivalent to any of the above.
- Candidates need to have any of the following degrees with at least 55% marks or a CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale in the qualifying examination
- B.Tech. (Bachelor of Technology)/ BE (Bachelor of Engineering)/ B.Sc (Engg.)
- B.Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture)
- M.Sc. (Master of Science) / MA (Master of Arts) / M. Phil. (1 year program)
- MBA / PG Diploma in Management of 2-year duration (after completion of BA/B.Sc/B.Com)
- MBBS degree with a compulsory one-year internship
- 5 years (minimum) of integrated LLB degree after 10+2 examination OR 3 years LLB degree after 10+2+3 examination
- A degree equivalent to any of the above
IIT Kharagpur PhD Application Form 2022
The application form for IIT Kharagpur PhD Admission 2022 will release in online mode only. Those who want to apply must have a valid email ID. To start the application form submission, aspirants have to visit the official website. The complete process of the application form is explained below.
- The application process will begin with the registration of candidates on the official website.
- At the time of registration, candidates have to provide some of their basic details including name, email address, phone number, etc.
- Once registered, aspirants may log in and access the main application form
- In the main application form, candidates have to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- The details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application form can get rejected.
- It is compulsory for all candidates to upload scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- The scanned images should be as per the specifications mentioned on the official website.
- It is also compulsory for all aspirants to pay the required application fee along with the application form.
- Finally, candidates must take a printout of the application form submitted and keep it safe for future requirements.
The application fees are different for candidates from various categories as given below.
- Unreserved/ OBC/ EWS/ Transgender candidates – Rs. 1000/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Women candidates – Rs. 500/-
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
IIT Kharagpur PhD Admission 2022 Selection Process
- The institute will conduct written/ computer tests/ interviews in order to select candidates for admission.
- Candidates will be invited to take part in the written/ computer test or interview on the basis of overall academic performance.
- Those who will clear the written/ computer test or interview will be shortlisted for admission.
- The admission will be provided only after the verification of documents.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to take part in the written test or interview.
- To download the admit card, candidates have to visit the official website and provide their registration details.
- The intimation about the release of admit cards/ interview letters will also be sent by email.
- An admit card is a very important document. It contains important information such as the date, time, and venue of the examination/ interview.
- No candidate will be allowed to take part in the written test or interview without an admit card.
- It is advised that candidates should keep the admit card safe even after the exam/ interview for future references.
IIT Kharagpur PhD Admission 2022 Interview Process
- During the interview process, a team of faculties will try to determine the subject-knowledge and overall intelligence of the candidates.
- Faculties from various departments of the institute will conduct the interview.
- At the time of the interview, candidates also need to get their documents verified.
Result and Admission
- The result or merit list of IIT Kharagpur PhD Admission will be published on the official website.
- The result will be published in the form of a merit list.
- Along with the merit list, the institute will also publish a waiting list for candidates shortlisted for admission. Those candidates who will get their names in this list will get admission only if the seats remain vacant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What is the duration of the Ph.D. program at IIT Kharagpur?
Answer: The minimum duration of the Ph.D. program is 3 years and the maximum duration is 8 years from the date of enrollment.
Question – 2: What is the tuition fee for Ph.D. course at the IIT kharagpur?
Answer: The tuition fee for this course is Rs. 25000 per semester and it may be revised from time to time.
Question – 3: Do I need to send the application form by post?
Answer: No, there is no need to send the hard copy of the application form by post.
Question – 4: Is there any point of contact for details about IIT Kharagpur PhD Admission 2022?
Answer: For any queries, candidates can send an email to [email protected]