IGNOU B.Ed Eligibility Criteria 2023: Application has been invited by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) from eligible candidates for admission to the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Programme for academic session 2023-24. Admission will be offered through entrance exam conducted by the University. Candidates seeking admission to B.Ed courses must satisfy the prescribed eligibility criteria. The complete details regarding IGNOU B.Ed eligibility criteria 2023 are listed below in this article.
Before appearing in IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam 2023 candidate should meet with following eligibility criteria.
- Candidates having minimum 50% mark either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Social Sciences/ Sciences/Humanity/Commerce, B.E/B.Tech with specialization in Science and Mathematics with minimum 55% marks or any other equivalent qualification may apply for admission to the B.Ed programme.
- To be a student of B.Ed (ODL), following categories may eligible to apply:
- Candidates who have successfully qualified a NCTE recognized teacher education course through face-to-face approach.
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- There will be reservation and relaxation in marks for candidate belonging to ST/ SC/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD as per the rules of the Central Government/State Government, either is applicable. There will be a relaxation of 5% marks in favor of ST/ SC/Kashmiri Migrant and other categories of applicants, if any, as per Govt. of India Rules.
- Masters’ Degree granted without a first degree will not be accepted for purpose of educational Studies in IGNOU.
- The aspirant must submit their application form only at the nearby Regional Centre.