Selection of the candidates for 2-year B.Ed degree programme offered in the institutes of Himachal Pradesh University will be done on the basis of entrance exam. The entrance test is likely to be held in May 2023 whereas the application form might release in May 2023. The process of filling and submitting the application will be completely online and the exam will be conducted in offline mode. Get complete details related to the HPU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 from this article below.
Table of Contents
HPU B.Ed 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||HPU B.Ed 2023|
|Full Form||Himachal Pradesh University B.Ed Admission 2023|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline mode|
HPU B.Ed 2023 Important Dates
The table below presents the official dates related to HPU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023:
|Release of online application form||May 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||July 2023|
|Admit card issue date||August 2023|
|Date of entrance test||August 2023|
|Declaration of result||August 2023|
|Date of issuance of merit list||September 2023|
|Date of issuance of counseling schedule||September 2023|
|Beginning of counseling process||October 2023|
|Last date for taking admission||October 2023|
|Classes will commence from||October 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for HPU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria prescribed below can apply for HPU B.Ed admission 2023:
- The applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree in Medical/ Non-Medical/ Commerce/ Arts subjects or a master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities/ Commerce with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks for the candidates belonging to reserved category) or equivalent in order to be eligible.
- Those with a bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% marks for the candidates belonging to reserved category) or equivalent can apply too.
- Candidates in the final year of their bachelor’s or master’s degree who will appear and clear their final year exam before the commencement of admission process are also eligible to apply.
HPU B.Ed Application Form 2023
Interested candidates who also meet the eligibility criteria for the admission can fill and submit their HPU B.Ed 2023 application form through online mode. To obtain the application form the candidates need to visit the official website of Himachal Pradesh University www.admissions.hpushimla.in.
- Into the application form, the candidates will be asked to provide their basic personal details such as name, mobile number, category, gender, email id, date of birth, etc.
- Details related to the qualifying exam like year of passing, marks obtained, name of university/ institute, etc should also be provided in the application form.
- After providing these details, the candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature into the form in scanned format.
- Once all the details are entered into the application form, it can be submitted online along with the specified amount of application fee.
- A printout of the filled and submitted application form should be taken and kept safe for future reference by the candidates.
Check out the category wise application fee for HPU B.Ed 2023 admission below:
|For General/ OBC category candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|For SC/ ST category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|For Antyodaya/ IRDP category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
Mode of payment:
Candidates can make payment of the application fee through online payment gateway using the net banking facility or debit card/ credit card.
HPU B.Ed Entrance Exam Pattern 2023
The basic overview of the HPU B.Ed entrance exam pattern is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Offline mode
- Duration of exam: 120 minutes
- Number of questions: 150
- Type of question: Multiple choice questions
- Total marks: 150
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry one mark.
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking.
|Topics||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Knowledge of National Commission & Committees of Education||20 questions||20 marks|
|Logical Reasoning||20 questions||20 marks|
|General Awareness (HP & India)||30 questions||30 marks|
|Language & Comprehension (Hindi + English)||40 questions||40 marks|
|Teaching Aptitude & Attitude||40 questions||40 marks|
|Total||150 questions||150 marks|
HPU B.Ed Admission 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card to appear for HPU B.Ed entrance exam 2023 will be released tentatively in the month of May 2023.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card from the official website using their registration details.
- A printout of the downloaded admit card should be taken and carried to the exam center on the day of exam with a valid id proof.
- No candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam in case of absence of any of these documents.
- It is advised that the candidate preserve their admit card till the whole process of counseling and admission is over.
HPU B.Ed Admission Result 2023
- The authorities will declare the result of the entrance exam online around one week after the commencement of exam.
- Candidates will be able to check their result from the official website of the university www.admissions.hpushimla.in.
- The candidates who score more than the prescribed cut-off will be considered as qualified.
- A merit list of the candidates who are declared as qualified in the exam will then be prepared.
- Further counseling and admission process of the candidates will be carried out as per the names in the merit list.
HPU B.Ed 2023 Counseling
- Details regarding the counseling process will be communicated to the candidates from the university website.
- Those shortlisted for counseling should report for the same along with all their documents in original and photocopy.
- Documents will be verified and the candidates will be asked to provide their choice for institutes.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates according to their choice, merit and availability of seat.
- Selected candidates should then report to the allotted institute and complete the formalities of admission.
HPU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 FAQs
I am having issues in filling my application form. What should I do?
For any technical query with regard to filling the online application form, you can contact on 0177-2833648.
Can I obtain my admit card through post?
No. The admit card for the exam will only be made available on the official website of the university and will not be sent through post.
How can I get a refund on the application fee?
The application fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Is there any way other than clearing the entrance exam to secure HP B.Ed admission?
No. Only those candidates who clear the entrance exam will be considered for Himachal Pradesh B.Ed admission.
What documents do I need to carry during the counseling?
The following original documents should be brought by the candidates at the time of counseling:
- Bonafide/ Domicile certificate issued by the Tehsildar/ Executive Magistrate of the area concerned (for candidates of HP as well as other state)
- Latest category certificate signed by the competent authority
- Class 12th exam certificate or equivalent
- Qualifying exam certificates along with degree in the concerned capacity
- Character certificate from the Institution last attended in case of candidates having no gap in their education
- Candidates who have gap of one or more years in their education should bring latest character certificate from the Tehsildar/ SDM of the Area Concerned.
- Admit Card of the entrance exam
- Certificate being Single Girl Child from the Tehsildar/ SDM of the area concerned
- A fee of Rs. 200/- (in cash non-refundable) to be deposited at the time of counseling