Location: Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
Major Courses: B.Sc, MBBS, BPT, MD, MS, DGO, PhD
Affiliated to: Swami Rama Himalayan University
Table of Contents
About Himalayan Institute of Medical Science, Dehradun
Himalayan Institute of Medical Science, Dehradun is one of the renowned and oldest medical colleges of Uttarakhand state of India. The college came into existence in the year 1995 and affiliated to Swami Rama Himalayan University. Courses offered by Himalayan Institute of Medical Science, Dehradun includes MBBS, B.Sc, BPT, MS, MD, PhD, DGO. Candidates can gather all possible info about the institute from this article such as courses offered, location, affiliation, eligibility for admission, admission procedure, contact details etc.
Courses Offered by Himalayan Institute of Medical Science, Dehradun
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Sc. in Medical Technology (Optometry) – (B.Opto.)
- Sc. in Medical Technology (Operation Theater) – (BOT)
- Sc. in Medical Technology (Laboratory)- (BMLT)
- Sc. in Medical Technology (Radiotherapy)-(BRT)
- Sc. in Medical Technology (Radiography and Imaging)-(BRIT)
- Bachelor in Audiology Speech language and Pathology (BASLP)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy-(BPT)
Post Graduate Courses
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Master of Surgery (MS)
- Master in Physiotherapy (MPT)
Post Graduate Diploma
- Diploma in Medical Radio Diagnosis (DMRD)
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynecology (DGO)
- Diploma in Child Health (DCH)
- Diploma in Orthopedics (D.Ortho.)
- Diploma in Anesthesiology (DA)
Admission Procedure of Himalayan Institute of Medical Science, Dehradun
Admission Procedure for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
An all India level Pre Medical Entrance Examination (PMEE) exam is conducted by the university every year for admission MBBS Course. Merit list will get prepared based on the performance of candidates in this exam.
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Candidates should be at least 17 years old as on 31 December of the year of admission.
- Candidates should have completed 10+2 with Physics, Biology / Biotechnology, Chemistry and English from a recognized board.
Admission of Doctor of Medicine (MD)/ Master of Surgery (MS)/ Post Graduate Diploma(PGD)
Admission will be done on the basis of performance of candidates in the all India level Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination i.e. PGMEE. Based on the performance of candidates in PGMEE, candidates will be shortlisted for the admission.
Eligibility Criteria for Doctor of Medicine (MD)/ Master of Surgery (MS)/ Post Graduate Diploma (PGD)
- Candidates must hold a MBBS degree from a recognized university.
Eligibility Criteria for Master in Hospital Administration (M.H.A)
Candidates should hold any of the degrees from MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, BPT, B.Sc Nursing, B.Pharm with an aggregate percentage of 50%.
Contact Details of Himalayan Institute of Medical Science, Dehradun
Address: Swami Rama Nagar, P.O. Doiwala, Distt. Dehradun 248140, Uttarakhand
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here