The GITAM University will conduct the GITAM Science Admission Test 2022 or GSAT 2022 exam. This exam will be organized to shortlist the candidates for admission to various UG and PG courses in the field of Science & Technology such as BCA, B.Sc, MCA, M.Sc, BEM, Integrated M.Sc etc. The GSAT 2022 exam will be held at various exam centers in the state of Andhra Pradesh and other parts of India. The admission will be granted on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in the written test.
The application form for GSAT 2022 is now available. In this post, we will discuss complete details regarding the GSAT exam including exam pattern, eligibility criteria, application form, admit card etc.
Table of Contents
GSAT 2022 Important Dates
The exact schedule for the GSAT 2022 will be available on this page after the release of official notification. Till then, candidates can check the tentative schedule from the table given below:
|Application form for UG & PG
|Form submission deadline
|GSAT for PG
|Result for PG
|Counselling details for UG and PG
GSAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for GSAT 2022 are different for all the courses. The eligibility criteria for some of the courses are as follows:
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% marks.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2/ intermediate/ vocational or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks
For B.Sc (Physics, Maths, Computer Science/ Electronics)
- The aspirant must have passed 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics and chemistry subject with a minimum of 50% marks
For B.Sc (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Chemistry/ Computer Science)
- The candidate should have passed class 12th or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Maths/ Biology subject.
- The candidates having D. Pharmacy, vocational course with Fisheries/ Sericulture/ Dairying/ D.MLT can also apply.
- The applicant should have scored at least 50% in the qualifying exam
For B.Sc Food Technology/ Integrated M.Sc (Biotechnology/ 5 Year Integrated M.Sc Chemistry (Laurus Labs)
- The candidate should have passed 10+2/ Intermediate exam with Physics, Mathematics and chemistry with at least 50% marks
- The applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks.
- The candidate must have studied Mathematics at 10+2 or graduation level.
GSAT 2022 Application Form
The interested candidates can download the GSAT 2022 application form from the official website of the university i.e. www.gitam.edu. The application form can also be obtained through post by sending a request letter on plain paper along with a DD of Rs. 550/-. After obtaining the application form, the candidate needs to fill all the required information in the neat and clean handwriting. The duly filled application form along with the relevant documents must be sent to the following address:
GITAM Institute of Science,
GITAM(Deemed to be University),
Visakhapatnam-530 045, AP
The attested copies of following documents are required to be sent along with the application form
- Matriculation / SSC/ ICSE/ CBSE certificate as a proof of date of birth.
- Degree/ provisional certificate of the qualifying exam. 10+2/ Intermediate certificate if applying for the UG programs.
- Caste Certificate (For SC/ST candidates)
- Medical Certificate (For PH candidates)
- Aadhar Card
The GSAT 2022 application fee will be Rs. 500/-. However, if the candidate is applying for Five year Integrated M.Sc. Chemistry sponsored by Laurus Labs then he/she needs to pay Rs. 600/-
Mode of Payment
- The application fee will be paid via Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank.
GSAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The candidates looking to appear for the GSAT 2022 exam must check the exam pattern given below:
Number of Questions: 60
Type of Questions: Objective Type MCQs
Maximum Marks: 60
Duration of Exam: 1 Hour
Subject wise Exam pattern for UG courses (Except for 5 Year Int. Chemistry)
|No. of Questions
Note: The candidates studied PCM subject group in 10+2 need to attempt section A & C. While the candidates who have studied PCB subjects in 10+2 need to attempt section A & B.
GSAT Syllabus 2022
The syllabus of the GSAT 2022 will depend upon the test for which the candidate is looking to appear. However, the candidate looking for admission to UG courses i.e. BEM, B.Sc, Five-year Integrated M.Sc. Biotechnology can follow the syllabus given below:
Mathematics: Statements and Sets, Functions, Polynomials over integers, Real Numbers, Progressions, Analytical Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics, Matrices, and Computing
Physics: Physics and Measurement, Gravitation, Mechanics, Oscillations and Waves, Thermodynamics, Electrostatics and Magnetostatics, Optics
Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Periodic Table, Chemical Bond, Acids and Bases, Some basic principals of Organic Chemistry
How to prepare for GSAT 2022?
The candidates should be well prepared in order to score good marks in the GSAT exam. Here are some helpful tips that can be useful for preparation.
- Go through the exam pattern and syllabus for the test you are going to appear.
- Make a proper time table and follow it with maximum dedication.
- Keep revising the topics you already studied so that you don’t have to bear any extra burden at the time of exam.
- Solve some previous year question paper and mock test to analyze your mistake.
- You should prepare short notes for all the important topics and numerical formulas so that you can revise them later.
GSAT 2022 Admit Card
The admit card or Hall ticket for the GSAT exam will be sent to the candidates by post one week prior to the date of exam. The aspirant can also download the admit card from the official website i.e. www.gitam.edu. In case the candidate is not able to receive the admit card then he/she should contact the following address two days before the exam:
Office of the Principal,
GITAM Institute of Science,
GITAM (Deemed to be University)
Tel No. (0891) 2840516/452/ 450
GSAT Result 2022
The authorities will declare the result a few weeks after the commencement of exam. The candidates who will be successful in the exam will be informed through the mail/SMS. The result will also be available on the official website. The qualified candidates will be invited to participate in the counselling process. The schedule for GSAT 2022 counselling will be updated on the official website after the declaration of result.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here