The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting GPAT 2021 to shortlist the candidates for admissions into M.Pharmacy courses. The admissions will be granted into different participating institutes (almost 800) on the basis of candidates’ GPAT score. Interested and eligible candidates will be able to submit their application form in online mode. The application form is going to be released by 23rd December 2020. The GPAT 2021 exam is scheduled to be conducted on 22/27 Feb 2021.
GPAT 2021 question paper and answer key has been released now.
GPAT 2021 admit card form has been released now.
GPAT 2021 application form correction has been started.
GPAT 2021 application form has been released by NTA. The last date has been extended till 31st January 2021.
GPAT 2021 Major Highlights
- Complete process of GPAT 2021, application form, admit card, exam and result, will be done in online mode.
- The score of the GPAT exam will be valid for 3 years from the date of declaration of the result.
- Application form must be filled with extreme care as no provision to edit the submitted applications will be provided.
- Answer key of the exam and recorded responses will be released by the NTA on their website.
- NTA will only be responsible for conduction the exam and providing the score. It has no role to play in the admission process.
- Admissions will be granted to the selected candidates as per the rules and regulations of the respective institutes.
GPAT 2021 Important Dates
Check below the important dates related to GPAT 2021:
|Availability of online application form||23 December 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form|
|Issue of admit card||4th February 2021|
|Exam date||22/27 February 2021|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of March 2021|
GPAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The overview of the GPAT Exam pattern 2021 is given below:
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Exam mode: Online (computer-based test)
- Question paper language: English
- Number of questions: 125
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be given for each correct answer
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer
GPAT Syllabus 2021
The syllabus for the GPAT exam 2021 for certain specialization are given below. The candidates can find the complete syllabus from the official website.
- Physical Chemistry: Composition and Physical States Of Matter, Refractive Index, Thermodynamics, Solutions, Colligative Properties, Ionic Equilibrium, Electrochemistry and Kinetics
- Physical Pharmacy: Matter, Properties of Matter, surface and interfacial phenomena, Micromeritics & Powder Rheology, Viscosity And Rheology, Dispersion Systems, Complexation, Solubility and Buffer
- Organic Chemistry: General Principles, Different Classes Of Compounds, Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons, Heterocyclic Chemistry, Carbonyl Chemistry, Protection & Deprotection Of Groups, Chemistry Of Aromatic Compounds, Bridged Rings, Stereochemistry, Carbohydrates, Amino Acids And Proteins, etc
- Pharmaceuticals Chemistry: Pharmaceutical Impurities, Isotopes, Monographs, And Dentifrices, Desensitizing Agents And Anticaries Agents, etc
- Pharmaceutics: Pharmacy Profession & Introduction To Pharmaceuticals, Introduction To Dosage Form, Sources Of Drug Information, Allopathic Dosage Form, Allergenic Extract, Powders, Capsules, Tablets, etc
Certain tips that can help the aspirants in clearing their GPAT 2021 exam are given below:
- Know the complete details of your pattern and the syllabus of your exam before you start your actual exam preparation.
- Time management is very important while preparing for a tough exam like GPAT. You need to devote your maximum time to GPAT exam preparation.
- Make a list of the important chapters from which maximum questions are asked and revise them again and again.
- Write down all important topics in the form of short notes. In this way you can easily go through them anytime you want.
- Taking part in group discussions with your friend from time to time can help you gain a better perspective on the different topics that you study.
The GPAT 2021 eligibility criteria in terms of nationality, age and qualification are given below:
- The candidates of Indian nationality are eligible to apply.
- There is no age restriction to appear for the GPAT exam.
- A bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or its equivalent from a recognized University is required.
- Candidates appearing in the final year exam of their bachelor’s degree who will clear the exam before the admission are also eligible.
- Those with B.Tech in Pharmaceuticals and Fine Chemical Technology or its equivalent are not eligible to apply.
GPAT 2021 Application Form
Candidates can apply for GPAT 2021 online. The application form for the same will be released on the official website ntagpat.nic.in. Applicants are suggested not to make more than one application as multiple applications are likely to be rejected. The candidates can fill the complete form in one go or partly also.
- The applicants will first have to register themselves and generate application number and password.
- Basic personal details of the candidates will be required to complete the registration process.
- After successful registration, the candidates can login with the application number and password to fill rest details into the application form.
- Scanned copies of photograph and signature will also be uploaded in the application form.
- Once all details are entered in the application form, it can be submitted along with the prescribed application fee.
- After successful submission of form, no correction will be possible. Therefore care must be taken while entering the data in the form.
- The candidates should take a printout of the application form and keep it safe for future reference.
- The application fee payment will be in online mode, i.e. using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- Candidates can pay the fees also through cash by depositing e-Challan at any branch of State Bank of India.
- Application fee for will be Rs. 1400/- for General/ OBC NCL candidates and Rs. 700/- for SC/ ST/ PWD/ Female/ Transgender candidates.
- Fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates can download their admit card for GPAT exam from 14th January 2021.
- Admit card will be released on the official website of NTA and the candidates can download it using their login credentials.
- Candidates should take a printout of the admit card and must carry it to the exam center in order to appear in the exam.
- The admit card is very important not just for exam but for admission as well. Candidates are therefore suggested to keep their admit card safe till the whole admission process is over.
- Multiple copies of the admit card should be printed out to be safe in case of loss or damage.
Answer Key & Recorded Response
- The NTA will release the answer keys and recorded responses of multiple-choice questions on its website www.ntagpat.nic.in.
- The candidates not satisfied with the answer keys and recorded responses can challenge by submitting an online application along with a processing charge of Rs. 1000/- per question.
- Processing charge can be paid online via credit card/ debit card/ net banking. The charge once paid will be non-refundable.
- The decision of NTA on the challenges will be final and no further communication will be entertained.
Result & Selection
- The result of the GPAT 2021 exam will be declared online and can be checked from the official website of NTA.
- Candidates will also be able to download their score card from the NTA website ntagpat.nic.in.
- There shall be no provision for re-valuation/re-checking of the Score. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- Those who are declared qualified can apply individually to the different pharmacy institutes that accept GPAT score.
- Admission into the participating institutes will be given on the basis of their respective cut-offs and other criteria as set by them.