Here, aspirants can check GATE previous year question paper with answers. We are providing here the year wise GATE papers of all subjects along with solutions. The previous year question paper of GATE with answers for all 22 subjects is available in PDF files. Candidates can check and download GATE Papers for free from this webpage.
GATE 2017 Question Papers with Solutions
GATE question papers of past year solved
After the successful conduction of GATE exam, the conducting IIT releases all the papers with their answers officially. These previous years question paper are useful for the candidates who are planning to appear in the upcoming GATE examination. With the help of GATE previous papers, aspirants will get to know about the GATE exam pattern, difficulty level and syllabus of the exam. Thus, it is important for all candidates who are seeking to appear in upcoming Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering to go through the previous GATE Question papers thoroughly for the better preparation.
Previous year GATE question papers with answers of the following papers:
- AE – Aerospace Engineering
- AR – Architecture and Planning
- AG – Agricultural Engineering
- BT – Biotechnology
- CH – Chemical Engineering
- CE – Civil Engineering
- CS – Computer Science and Information Technology
- CY – Chemistry
- EE – Electrical Engineering
- EC – Electronics and Communication Engineering
- GG – Geology and Geophysics
- IN – Instrumentation Engineering
- ME – Mechanical Engineering
- MA – Mathematics
- MT – Metallurgical Engineering
- MN – Mining Engineering
- PI – Production and Industrial Engineering
- PH – Physics
- TF – Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
- XL – Life Sciences
- XE – Engineering Sciences
About GATE question paper
- Each question paper of GATE comprise of 65 questions to be completed in three hours.
- These questions are objective in nature, carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections.
- In the one mark questions, 1 mark is awarded for right answer, and 1/3 mark is deducted for incorrect response.
- In the two mark questions, 2 marks are awarded for right answer, and 2/3 mark is deducted for incorrect response.
- There is no negative marking in the numerical answer type questions.