Counselling process begins after result of a specific entrance examination is published. Counselling process enables students to mark the choices of colleges and courses as per their preference. However, only those candidates will be eligible to attend counselling process who acquired minimum qualifying marks in the entrance examination. It is basically a multi-stage process and candidates are necessary to complete all stages in an appropriate manner. The major steps of WBJEE counselling process 2017 are as follows:
- Register yourself online in order to participate in the counselling process
- Fill up your Option
- Lock your option
- Option freezing process
- Allotment of seat
- Seat confirmation
- Payment of remaining fees
- Report to the particular intuition
WBJEE Counselling Procedure 2017: Step by Step Description
Online Registration & Payment of Fee
- Complete the registration formalities by putting your WBJEE 2017/JEE Main 2017 roll number, name, application number and date of birth.
- Upon completion of the registration formalities you need to make payment of Rs.500/- through system generated e-challan.
- After making payment of counselling fee, you need to enter payment details in the form.
- Thereafter, your identity code and password will be generated.
- Be careful while filling and submitting your personal, educational and fee payment details in the form as no further modifications or changes will be made thereafter.
Fill and Lock Your Choice
- According to your WBJEE 2017 or JEE Main 2017 rank, you need to fill up choice of your colleges & courses.
- You need to fill your choices only once for three rounds of counselling.
- Once you are satisfied with your entered choices, you need to lock the same.
- Finally take printout of your locked choices.
Allotment of Seats
- Allotment of seats will be done based on candidates’ All India rank in JEE Main 2017 or General Merit Rank in WBJEE 2017.
- Candidates are required to download and take printout of seat allotment letters.
- In case you’ll withdraw yourself from any of three rounds of counselling process then you won’t be permitted to participate in further rounds.
Verification of Documents and Payment of Fee
Candidates need to complete the document verification procedure at any of the reporting centre and make payment of requisite fee through demand draft drawn in favour of WBJEE 2017 payable at Kolkata. They need to bring following documents (original & attested copies) for verification procedure.
- Admit card of WBJEE 2017;
- WBJEE 2017/ JEE Main 2017 rank card printout;
- Mark sheet of class XII or its equivalent exam;
- Admit card of class X or its equivalent exam;
- Seat Allotment Letter;
- Registration fee for online counselling;
- Category Certificate, in case applicable;
- Domicile Certificate, in case applicable
- Pwd Certificate in case applicable
WBJEE Counselling Fees 2017 (Expected)
- Counselling Fee for SFI: Rs.40000
- Counselling Fee for TFW: Rs.4000
- Counselling Fee for University/Govt. Institute: Rs.5000
WBJEE Counselling Schedule 2017
For WBJEE Candidates
|Sl. No.||Events||Tentative Dates|
|1.||Online registration, ID & password creation, payment of counselling fee and online choice filling||June, 2017|
|2.||Choice locking process (system operated)||June, 2017|
|3.||Declaration of first round of seat allotment result||June, 2017|
|4.||Document verification by physical reporting, initial fee payment, allotment card collection at RC centres and withdrawal of admission||June, 2017|
|5.||Declaration of second round of seat allotment result||July, 2017|
|6.||Physical reporting of candidates for document verification/initial fee payment/withdrawal of admission for fresh allottee||July, 2017|
|7.||Declaration of third round of seat allotment result||July, 2017|
|8.||Physical reporting of candidates for document verification/initial fee payment/withdrawal of admission for fresh allottee||July, 2017|
|9.||Physical reporting and admission procedure at finally allotted institute||July, 2017|
|10.||End date of e-admission||July, 2017|
For JEE Main Candidates
|Sl. No||Events||Tentative Dates|
|1.||Online registration process, creating of ID and password and payment of counselling fee, choice filling online||July, 2017|
|2.||Locking of choice||July, 2017|
|3.||Publication of result of first round of seat allotment||July, 2017|
|4.||Physical reporting of candidates at reporting centres for verification of document, payment of initial fee and collection of allotment cards/withdrawal of admission||July, 2017|
|5.||Publication of result of second round of seat allotment||July, 2017|
|6.||Physical reporting of candidates at reporting centres for verification of document, payment of initial fee and collection of allotment cards/withdrawal of admission (fresh allottee only)||July, 2017|
|7.||Physical reporting and admission at finally allotted colleges||July, 2017|
|8.||Deadline of e-admission process||July, 2017|