DU 2021: The University of Delhi invites applications from the interested candidates for admission to its various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate courses. Application process for UG courses begins from 2nd August and for PG courses, from 26th July onwards. Selection of the candidates for admission to different courses is done on the basis of either merit or entrance exam as per the rules decided by the university. Candidates can find the complete details regarding the Delhi University Admission 2021 from this article.
Delhi University has released the answer key for DUET. Check
The National Testing Agency has released the DUET admit card. Check details
The first cutoff list for UG admissions has been released on October 1. Check list of top 25 colleges
Delhi University application form can be filled till 31st August 2021.
Delhi University UG application process has been commenced from 2nd August 2021.
Delhi University has started the PG application process from 26th July 2021.
Delhi University UG application process is starting from 2nd August 2021, whereas, PG application process will commence from 26th July 2021.
Delhi University UG application form is likely to be released for UG course from 15th July 2021.
According to the source, Delhi University admissions will be based on merit.
Delhi University will start the admission process for the academic session 2021-2022 soon.
Source said- Delhi University admissions for the year 2021-2022 will be based on 50% CUCET score + 50% board exams.
Delhi University has released MBA application form.
Courses Offered by Delhi University 2021
The following courses are offered at the Delhi University:
- BA (Hons) in History/ Business Economics/ Punjabi/ English/ Hindi/ Philosophy/ Urdu/ Arabic/ Bengali/ Persian/ Sanskrit/ Applied Psychology/ Geography/ Political Science/ Hindustani Music Vocal/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Economics/ Psychology/ Hindi Patrakarita/ Multimedia & Mass Communication/ Journalism/ French/ German/ Italian/ Spanish/ Humanities & Social Sciences/ Instrumental (Sitar/ Sarod/ Guitar/ Violin/ Santoor)/ Karnatak Music Vocal/ Instrumental (Veena/ Violin)/ Percussion Music (Tabla/ Pakhawaj)
- BA Program in Subject-based Discipline/ Physical Science with Chemistry/ Applied Physical Sciences with Industrial Chemistry/ Applied Life Science/ Applied Physical Sciences with Analytical Methods in Chemistry and Biochemistry/ Physical Science with Electronics/ Physical Science with Computer Science/ Life Science
- B.Sc (Hons) in Biological Sciences/ Home Science/ Computer Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Mathematical Sciences/ Anthropology/ Botany/ Microbiology/ Zoology/ Food Technology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Polymer Science/ Physical Education, Health Education & Sports/ Electronics/ Biomedical Science/ Instrumentation/ Geology/ Biochemistry/
- B.Sc (Pass) in Home Science
- B.Tech (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations)
- B.Ed, B.Ed Special Education Mental Retardation/ Visual Impairment
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), BMS in Financial Investment Analysis
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)
- BBA (Financial Investment Analysis)
- Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- B.Com (Hons), B.Com
- B.Voc in Web Designing/ Health Care Management/ Printing Technology/ Software Development/ Retail Management and IT/ Banking Operations
- MA in English/ Hindi/ Linguistics/ Arabic/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Sanskrit/ Buddhist Studies/ Economics/ Geography/ History/ Political Science/ Social Work/ Sociology/ East Asian Studies/ French Studies/ German Studies/ Hispanic Studies/ Italian Studies/ Bengali/ Comparative Indian Literature/ Tamil/ Persian/ Philosophy/ Psychology/ Lifelong Learning & Extension/ Applied Psychology/ Punjabi/ Russian Studies/ Urdu/ Applied Operational Research/ Environmental Studies/ Music (Hindustani: Vocal/ Instrumental)/ Karnataka (Music: Vocal/ Instrumental)/ Music (Percussion Tabla/ Pakhawaj)/ Japanese
- M.Sc Botany/ Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Electronics/ Physics/ Zoology/ Genetics/ Informatics/ Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Computer Science/ Mathematics/ Forensic Science/ Operational Research/ Applied Operational Research/ Statistics/ Anthropology/ Biomedical Sciences/ Environmental Studies/ Geology/ Food & Nutrition/ Human Development & Childhood Studies/ Development Communication & Extension/ Resource Management & Design Application/ Mathematics Education/ Fabric & Apparel Science
- M.Sc-PhD Combined Degree in Biomedical Sciences
- M.Tech in Microwave Electronics
- Master of Library & Information Science
- M.Ed., Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security and Law (PGDCSL)
- PhD in English/ Electronics/ Business Economics/ Commerce/ Arabic/ Buddhist Studies/ Punjabi/ Sanskrit/ African Studies/ Germanic & Romance Studies/ Physics & Astrophysics/ Chemistry/ Hindi/ History/ Economics/ Sociology/ Geography/ Social Work/ Library & Information Science/ Linguistics/ Modern Indian Languages & Literary Studies/ Persian/ Philosophy/ Environmental Studies/ Home Science/ Psychology/ Slavonic & Finno-Ugrian Studies/ Urdu/ Financial Studies/ Education/ Biophysics/ Genetics/ Bio-Chemistry/ Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Physical Education and Sports Sciences/ Institute of Informatics & Communication/ Law/ Music/ Mathematics/ Operational Research/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Adult Continuing Education & Extension/ Political Science/ East Asian Studies/ Anthropology/ Botany/ Geology/ Zoology
- M.Phil in Botany/ Geology/ Zoology/ Arabic/ Political Science/ History/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Buddhist Studies/ English/ French Studies/ German Studies/ Hispanic Studies/ Italian Studies/ Hindi/ Library & Information Science/ Linguistics/ Comparative Indian Literature/ Persian/ Philosophy/ Punjabi/ Sanskrit/ Urdu/ Russian Studies/ Commerce/ Education/ Music/ Operational Research/ Adult Continues Education and Extension/ Sociology/ Geography/ Social Work/ African Studies/ Biophysics, Genetics/ Anthropology
DU Admission Important Dates 2021
Check out the official dates related to Delhi University Admission 2021 in the table below:
For undergraduate courses:
|Online application form release date||2nd August 2021|
|Last date for submission of the application form||31st August 2021|
|Release of e-admit card||To be announced later|
|Date of entrance exam||To be announced later|
|Result declaration||To be announced later|
|Publication of cut-off list (for merit based course)||To be announced later|
|Publication of allotment list (for entrance based course)||To be announced later|
|Commencement of classes||To be announced later|
|Closing of admission process||To be announced later|
For postgraduate courses:
|Online application form release date||2nd week of June 2021|
|Last date for submission of the application form||4th week of June 2021|
|Release of e-admit card||Last week of June 2021|
|Date of entrance exam||1st week of July 2021|
|Result declaration||2nd week of July 2021|
|Date of GD/ interview, if any||2nd week of July 2021|
|Publication of admission list||3rd week of July 2021|
|Closing of admission process||3rd week of July 2021|
|Commencement of classes||3rd week of July 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for DU 2021
Basic eligibility criteria for different courses under the Delhi University are provided below. Candidates meeting these criteria should only for DU Admission 2021:
For undergraduate courses:
- BA (Hons): The candidates should have passed their class 12th exam with not less than 45% marks in aggregate. Candidates with 40% marks in aggregate are eligible if they have secured 50% marks in the concerned subject.
- B.Sc (Hons): A pass in class 12th exam with at least 45% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in the concerned subject is required.
- B.Com (Hons): Applicants need to clear their class 12th exam with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics as a subject scoring not less than 45% marks in aggregate.
- B.Tech: Candidates should have passed their class 12th exam with Mathematics as a subject and a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in any four subjects.
- LLB: Those who have cleared their class 12th examination are eligible to apply for the LLB course.
For postgraduate courses:
- MA: The candidates who have completed their BA degree in the relevant subject scoring not less than 55% marks in aggregate are eligible.
- M.Sc: A B.Sc degree in the concerned subject is required to be eligible for M.Sc degree program.
- M.Com: Applicants should hold a B.Com (Hons) or BA (Hons) degree in Economics with minimum 50% marks (45% marks for OBC/ Sports/ CW/ PWD category, passing marks for SC/ ST category). Those with B.Com/ B.Com (Program/ Pass) scoring at least 55% marks (49.5% marks for OBC category, 50% marks for Sports/ CW/ PWD category, passing marks for SC/ ST category) or BMS/ BBS/ BBA (FIA)/ BFIA/ BBE with 60% marks in aggregate (54% marks for OBC category, 55% marks for Sports/ CW/ PWD category, passing marks for SC/ ST category) are eligible too.
- M.Tech: Candidates need to hold a B.Tech degree in the relevant discipline to be eligible for M.Tech degree course.
- LLM: Those with a 3-year/ 5-year LLB degree with a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC/ CW/ PWD category) can apply for LLM.
For doctorate courses:
- PhD: Candidates with master’s degree in the concerned subject can apply for the PhD program.
- M.Phil: A pass in master’s degree in the relevant specialization is required for M.Phil program.
DU Admission Application Form 2021
The candidates can apply for Delhi University Admission 2021 through online mode by visiting the official website of the university www.du.ac.in. Candidates should submit their form on or before the prescribed time limit as late applications will be rejected.
- Candidates will first have to register themselves providing their basic details after which the application form will be made available.
- In the application form, the candidates need to provide their personal and academic details.
- Scanned copies of photograph and signature of the candidates should then be uploaded in the application form.
- Once all the important details are provided into the application form, the candidates can submit it online with prescribed application fee.
- A printout the duly filled application form should be taken by the candidates and kept safe in case of further use.
- There is no need to send the printout of the application form or any document to the university.
Check out the category-wise application fee for DU undergraduate and postgraduate courses:
|For undergraduate programs|
|For merit-based courses|
|UR/OBC candidates||Rs. 250/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ EWS candidates||Rs. 100/-|
|ECA/ Sports category candidates||Rs. 100/-|
|For entrance-based courses|
|UR/OBC candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ EWS candidates||Rs. 300/-|
|For postgraduate programs|
|UR/OBC candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ EWS candidates||Rs. 300/-|
DU Entrance Exam Pattern 2021
Check out the basic overview of Delhi University entrance exam pattern 2021 below:
|Particulars||For undergraduate courses||For postgraduate courses|
|Duration of exam||2 hours||2 hours|
|Mode of exam||Online mode||Online mode|
|Number of questions||100||50-100|
|Type of questions||Objective type||Objective type|
|Marking scheme||4 marks to be given for each right answer||4 marks to be given for each right answer|
|Negative marking||1 mark to be deducted for each wrong answer||1 mark to be deducted for each wrong answer|
DU Admission Admit Card 2021
- Candidates can download the DU exam admit card through online mode using their registration details.
- The admit card for different exams will be uploaded a few weeks before the date of exam.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken to be carried to the exam center with a valid identity proof.
- No candidates will be allowed entry in the exam hall if any of these documents is missing.
- Candidates are suggested to preserve their admit card as it will also be required at the time of admission.
- The authorities will declare the result of the DU entrance exam on the official website through online mode.
- Based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam, a merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared.
- For the courses for which there is no entrance exam, the list will be prepared on the basis of marks of the candidates in the qualifying exam.
- Further process of admission of the candidates will be carried out as per their names in the merit list.
What if I submitted an incorrect application form? Is it possible to make any corrections?
Candidates should take extreme care at the time of filling the application form and if any error is found, they should correct it immediately. No provision for correcting the application form will be provided at a later stage.
Can I get the admit card for DU entrance exam via post or courier?
No. The admit card for DU entrance exam will only be released on the official website of the university and will not be sent through post or courier.
If I have not cleared my qualifying exam can I still apply for DU admission 2021?
Candidates who will clear their qualifying exam with the required percentage of marks before the beginning of admission process can apply.
Does the university conduct the entrance exams on its own?
No. The entrance exam for Delhi University is conducted by the National Testing Agency and the score of the candidates are handed over to the university. Further process is carried out by DU.