Table of Contents
- Name of the Institute: College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram (CET) Admission
- Type of Institute: Public Education and research
- Courses Offered:Professional undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate courses
- Established in:1939
- Campus Location:Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
- Affiliations:A P J Abdul Kalam Technological University (2014)
College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram(CET) Admission
The College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram (CET) is one of the pioneering institutes of the state of Kerala. It was established before India’s independence in 1939. Originally, the College was founded to provide various engineering degrees and diplomas in various disciplines such as Civil, Mechanical and Electrical etc. later, the institute came up with other courses as well which are architecture, business administration and computer application and others. Currently, the institutes offer degrees in more than 40 courses.
Since the founding of the ‘Directorate of Technical Education’, Kerala under the Kerala government, the College administration was taken over under the administration of Government of Kerala.
The campus of the ‘College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram which is commonly known as CET, is situated in the capital city of Kerala that is Thiruvananthapuram.
Courses Offered by CET
- The institute offers various degree and diploma courses in various disciplines such as Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Industrial Engineering. The more courses have been given below:
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.)
- Master of Planning (M.Plan.)
- Master of Architecture (M.Arch.)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Application
Note: Candidates can pursue the doctorate courses as well in various disciplines.
- The candidates are provided with the admission in the institute on the basis of the entrance exam of ‘Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical’ (KEAM) which is conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Exams run by the Government of Kerala.
- National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is conducted on the on the national level. The institute offers admission to the candidates on the basis of the score obtained by the candidates in the exam for admission into the Architecture course.
Facilities Available in CET
- Wifi Connectivity with 24×7 access
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell
- Electrical Engineering Testing Lab
- Open Air Theater
- Facility with separate girls and boys hostel
- Centre of Excellence in Fluid Dynamics
- Micro/Nanofluidics Research Laboratory
- Innovation Centre
- Electrical Engineering Testing Lab
- Indoor Stadium
- Sree Chithira Thirunal Centre For Computing
- Career Guidance and Placement Unit
- Technical Business Incubator
- Technical library
- Central Computing Facility(CCF)
- Sports Complex
- Convenience Store
- Placement record of the College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram (CET) has always been excellent. Every year, many companies are invited to recruit the candidates through the campus interview. The placement rate is almost 90%.
- Till now, candidates have been placed in the companies like BPCL, Saint-Gobain, AmazonBosch, Royal Enfield, Benz,IBM, Accenture, HP, Oracle, Quest Gll, Siemens, L&T, Infosys, TCS, etc.
- The Career Guidance and Placement Unit (CGPU) has helped candidates get the salary package of 21 lakhs per Annam and the minimum which was offered to the candidates was 3.2 lakhs per annum.
Contact Details College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram
|Address||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India|
|Phone Number||0471 2598370, 2515555|
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here