CMAT 2023 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) with the aim to screen the most suitable candidates for admissions into management programmes. It is conducted at the national level and the interested candidates from all over India can apply for this exam. The score of CMAT will be considered by different business schools for admissions. The registration process for the exam may start from November 2022, giving the aspirants enough time to prepare for this exam.
In this article, we are providing some basic preparation tips to the CMAT aspirants. Along with this, the other important details of the CMAT 2023 such as syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility, registration, etc is also provided here.
Table of Contents
CMAT Exam Date 2023
The official dates for CMAT exam are given below.
|Starting of registration process||Nov 2022|
|Last date to register online||Nov 2022|
|Issue of admit card||Jan 2023|
|CMAT 2023 Exam Date||Jan 2023|
|Announcement of result||Feb 2023|
|Availability of printout of score card||Feb 2023|
|Announcement of All India Merit List||Feb 2023|
CMAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following basic eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates who wish to appear in the CMAT 2023:
- The applying candidates must be a citizen of India.
- The applicants who have earned a graduation degree in any discipline can apply for the exam.
- Final year students in their graduate courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before the commencement of admission can also apply.
- There is no age restriction for appearing in CMAT.
CMAT Application Form 2023
CMAT 2023 application form will be made available from November 2022 on the official website. The candidates will first have to submit a self-registration form to receive a 6-digit unique password. This password will be used for all further logins.
Next, the candidates will have to make the payment of the application fee. This can be done either via credit card/ debit card/ net banking or by cash payment in SBI bank through Challan. The application fee is Rs. 1400/- (Rs 700/- for Female/ SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates) + bank charges.
After payment of application fee, the candidates will have to fill the rest of the application form. The duly filled application form should be submitted before the last date. The candidates can also print a copy of the filled-in application form, if required.
CMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of CMAT 2023 is given as follows:
- Mode: Online (Computer-based test)
- Test duration: 3 hours
- of questions: 100
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Topics||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
CMAT Syllabus 2023
The syllabus of the CMAT 2023 will cover the topics from Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness.
- Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation: Tables, Bar Graphs , Line Charts, Venn Diagrams, Pie Chart, Speed, Time and Distance, Percentages, Averages, Ratio and Proportion, Profit, Loss and Discount, Simple and Compound Interest, Time and Work, etc
- Logical Reasoning: Direction Sense, Clocks & Calendars, Puzzles, Syllogism, Seating Arrangement, Coding- Decoding, Blood Relations, Logical Sequence, Data Structure, Number and Letter Series, Binary Logic, etc
- Language Comprehension: Reading Comprehension, Passages, Sentence Correction, Jumbled Paragraph, etc
- General Awareness: Current Affairs of India and International countries, etc
CMAT 2023 Preparation Strategies
CMAT is counted amongst the top management admission tests and a large number of candidates might be appearing for this exam. It means that the competition will be quite tough and the candidates need to prepare well in order to get good ranking in this test. We are providing some preparation tricks to the applicants that can help them through their preparation:
- Study in a well-planned manner. If you want, you can make a time table for this, as it can help you in better time management.
- Make your fundamental clear. A management test is all about your aptitude skills and you cannot excel at that if your basics are not clear.
- Practice more and more. While preparing for an aptitude test, you do not need to learn any topic by heart. You can only solve the questions that you really understand. After your fundamentals are clear, you can get an even better understanding of the topics through practice.
- Do not take stress. Always study with cool and relaxed mind. Also, you have enough time to prepare for your CMAT 2020 and studying stressfully at this point of time is completely useless.
Recommended Books for CMAT 2023
The candidates can practice from the following recommended books:
- Quantitative Aptitude by R S Aggarwal
- Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Arun Sharma
- Test of reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
- Quantitative Aptitude by Abhijit Guha
CMAT 2023 Admit Card
The admit card for CMAT exam will be made available on the official website tentatively in te first week of January. The admit card will contain the photo, name and signature of the candidate, roll number, test date, time, venue address and brief instructions for the candidate. The candidates must bring a printout of admit card, photo identification card (original) and original and attested photocopy of caste certificate (SC/ ST candidates) and Disability certificate (Physically Disabled candidates) to the test centre.
CMAT 2023 Result
The score card of the candidates will be made available on the official website. The candidates will be able to check their score by using their login details. Based on the marks secured in the online test, an All India merit list of the candidates (in order of ranking) will also be published on the website. The list will contain their names, roll number, and score and percentile in each section. Separate score cards will not be sent by email/ post to the candidates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Common Management Admission Test or CMAT is conducted for admission to MBA and PGDM courses in India.
Yes, as CMAT score is accepted by top business schools.