Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is a Medical subject discipline that deals about the study, research, diagnosis and treatment of buccal cavity. BDS is one of the most popular courses sought by the class 12 passed out students. The course duration of BDS will be between 4-5 years, which includes 4 year course and 6 months/1 year compulsory-internship Program. For a research study, most of the candidates who studied BDS also found choosing the three year long Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) course. See here the information such as Best BDS colleges in India, Eligibility, Career and more.
- Candidates who studied Class 12 in science stream with 50% Marks are eligible to attend BDS entrance examination.
- The candidates who scored a reasonable mark in Class 12 must attend an entrance test conducted by a University/ State/ common national examination like ‘The All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Exam.’
Is BDS course right for me?
Might be! If you are keen interested in learning more about oral Technology, then this will be the best professional course for you. However, in almost all times, we noticed that the candidates who didn’t afford to study posh medical courses like M.B.B.S were chosen then B.D.S.
- Human oral anatomy
- Conservation dentistry and endodontic
- Oral pathology and microbiology
- Oral medicine diagnosis and radiology
- Pedodontics and preventive dentistry.
- Histology and Tooth Morphology
Career after BDS
You can find a job as a Dental doctor with a lucrative annual package at a Medi-city. But, a few are found interested to start their own firm after completing BDS.
Who hire me?
There are lots of requirements of Dentists across the world. Small-range clinics to big multi-specialty hospitals are hiring BDS pass-outs periodically.
How much I get?
The salary depends on the factors such as- type of company, position and field experience. It is noticed that a fresher level B.D.S candidate will get salary ranging from Rs. 3 la to 7 la per annum.
List of Top 5 Best Institutes in India that offering BDS courses
- Name Of The institute: Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Science, delhi
- Name Of The institute: Manipal College of Dental Science
- Name Of The institute: SRM Dental College, Chennai
- Name Of The institute: Dr. R. Ahmed Dental College and Hospital, kolkata
- Name Of The institute: Tamilnadu Govt. Dental College, Chennai
Additionally, you can contact Indian Dental Association (IDA) for any kind of Information.
Indian Dental Association (IDA)
1st Floor, SaneGuruji Building,
Veer Sawarkar Marg,
Opposite Siddhivinayak Temple,
Prabhadevi, Mumbai (Suburban),
Pincode : 400025
Tel : +91(22)43434545,43434535
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org