Anna University M.Sc. /M.Phil. Admissions: Anna University a university of engineering, science and Technology University which has been established in the state of Tamil Nadu. The university has various UG, PG and research courses which candidates can take admission in the university to pursue the courses. Candidates can choose the courses as per their interest and eligibility. The university offers M.Sc. /M.Phil. Courses at the master’s level which candidates can pursue only after they have completed their graduation.
The university releases the official notification every year for the candidates to take admission in the university to pursue the M.Sc. /M.Phil. programmes. In the post, candidates have been provided all the details about the Anna University M.Sc. /M.Phil. Admissions and the related information about the Application form, eligibility criteria, admission process, and important dates.
Table of Contents
Details of the courses
Name of the courses
|Name of the disciplines||No. of Semesters||Duration of the courses|
|1.||Master of Science (M. Sc.)||Applied Mathematics,
Electronic Media (Self-Supportive)
|2.||Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.)||Science and Humanities,
Important Dates for M.Sc. and M.Phil. Admission
|S.No.||Nameof the Events||
Dates Assigned (Tentative)
Initial date of the submission of the application form
|2.||Last date of the submission of the application form||May 2022|
Date of entrance exam
Last date for Spot Registration at Chennai centre
The eligibility criteria for the M.Sc. Admission has been given in the following table:
|Name of the group||Name of the course||Minimum qualifying degree||Name of the campus|
|B.Sc. (Mathematics / Applied Science)||College of Engineering Guindy Campus and Madras Institute of Technology Campus|
|Materials Science B.Sc. Physics with Mathematics as an Ancillary Subject (or) B.Sc. Applied Science||
College of Engineering Guindy Campus
|B.Sc. Chemistry (or) B. Sc. (Applied Science)|
|D||Applied Geology||B.Sc. (Geology/Applied Geology/Physics/ Chemistry/Environmental Science/Applied Science)|
|E||Electronic Media (Self-Supportive)||
B.Sc. / BCA / B.E. / B.Tech. / B.A. (Journalism)
The eligibility criteria for the M.Phil. Admission has been given in the following points:
- Candidates must have passed completed their graduation from a recognized institute/university.
- Moreover, they must have completed the Master’s Degree in the relevant field with 10+2+3+2 year’s pattern in the relevant field which they want to pursue the M.Phil in.
- The candidates’ whole education till graduation must be in the pattern of 10+2+3/4 years.
- Candidates appearing in the final semester/year in April/May 2022, can also apply for admission.
- Anna University will conduct the entrance test for admission of the candidate’s in the M.Phil. and M.Sc. programmes.
- After the commencement of the exam, the university will conduct the admission counselling.
- Candidates, who qualify the exam, will be invited to take part in the admission counselling.
- Candidates need to deposit Rs. 5000 to take part in the admission counselling.
- The applicants will be required to bring all their original certificates at the time of admission counselling.
How to apply?
- The common application form for admission to pursue the M.Sc. and M. Phil. programmes will be available on the official website of the university.
- The official website of the university is ‘https://www.annauniv.edu’.
- Applicants need to fill all the details in the application form such as their name, address and the details of the educational qualification.
- Candidates need to upload the scanned copies of the photos and signature in the application form.
- Later, candidates need to take the printout of the application form.
- The application form will be submitted at the address “The Director, Centre for Admissions, Anna University, Chennai-600025”.
Details of the Application fee
- Candidates need to attach the demand draft of the application fee of Rs. 700/ along with the submission of the application form.
- Candidates of the SC/SCA/ST category will be required to pay the application fee of Rs.350/.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here