Medical aspirants aiming to get enrolled into the MBBS course offered by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences can appear for the entrance exam. The AIIMS 2021 entrance exam will be conducted in online mode expectedly in the month of May 2021. Qualified candidates will be considered for admissions into different AIIMS situated all over the country. The interested candidates will be able to apply for the exam starting from the 1st week of February 2021. Find the complete details related to AIIMS MBBS 2021 below.
- The candidates are suggested to go through the information brochure and user manual before filling the form.
- Candidature of the applicants will be canceled in case they submit more than one application form.
- Applicants who are issued e-admit card will be allowed to appear for the entrance examination.
- All processes related to the exam, from application to exam and result, will be online.
- There is no need to send hard copy of application or any other documents to the AIIMS office.
Important Dates (Tentative)
Candidates can check the important dates related to AIIMS 2021 from the table below:
|Release of online application form||February 2021, 1st week|
|Last date to submit the application||March 2021, 1st week|
|Status of registration including rejection/ deficiency in applications||March 2021, 3rd week|
|Issue of admit cards||May 2021, 2nd week|
|Date of entrance exam||May 2021, last week|
|Result announcement||June 2021, 3rd week|
|Commencement of counseling||July 2021|
|Classes will begin from||August 2021, 1st week|
Overview of the AIIMS MBBS exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Question paper language: English or Hindi
- Duration of exam: 3:30 minutes
- Number of questions: 200 questions
- Type of questions: 140 objective type and 60 reason assertion type questions
- Marking scheme: Each correct answer will fetch the candidates 1 mark.
- Negative marking: One-third marks (0.33 marks) will be deducted for each incorrect response.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60||60|
|Aptitude and logical thinking||10||10|
The syllabus for AIIMS MBBS 2021 will be based on the curriculum of class 12th and its details are given below:
- Biology: Diversity in Living World, Cell Structure and Function, Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants, Plant and Human Physiology, Genetics and Evolution, Reproduction, Ecology and Environment, Biology and Human Welfare, etc
- Chemistry: States of Matter, Structure of Atom, Chemical Bonding Solutions, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, s-& p-Block Elements, d- and f- Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Principles & Organic Chemistry, etc
- Physics: Unit and Measurement, Kinematics, Gravitation, Work, Energy and Power, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Oscillations, Wave Optics, etc
How to Prepare?
Below given are some preparation tips for AIIMS MBBS that can help candidates in clearing this exam:
- Prepare a time table giving proper time to each subject. Just making a time table is also not enough, you must follow it strictly.
- Collect the study material at one place. The study material must be collected as per your exam syllabus.
- Start your preparation with the simple topics to clear your basics. After that you can proceed towards advanced topics.
- Once you gain fair knowledge of all the topics, you can solve previous years’ question papers for practice.
- Don’t stress your mind under exam preparation. Take a balanced diet and proper sleep to maintain a healthy body and mind.
A list of certain most recommended books is given below. The medical aspirants preparing for AIIMS can refer to them for their preparation:
- Physics: Concepts of Physics by HC Verma, Objective Physics by DC Pandey, Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
- Chemistry: Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee, Physical Chemistry and Organic Chemistry by OP Tandon
- Biology: Biology Volume 1 and 2 by Trueman, Pradeep Guide on Biology, Objective Biology by Dinesh
The following are the eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by AIIMS MBBS aspirants:
|Nationality||Candidates of Indian Nationality, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Non-Resident India (NRI) & Foreign National candidates are eligible to apply.|
|Age||The minimum age of the candidates as on 31st December 2021 should be 17 years.|
|Qualification||The applicants should have passed their class 12th exam or equivalent from a recognized university with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as mandatory subjects.|
|Minimum Marks||The candidates must obtain a minimum of 60% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates) in aggregate of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.|
The AIIMS MBBS application form 2021 will be released on the official website of the institute www.aiimsexams.org. At first, the candidates will have to register themselves to obtain candidate id and password. Using the id and password, the candidates can fill the rest application form.
- In the registration form, the candidates will have to provide personal details such as name, date of birth, category, gender, nationality, email id, phone number, etc.
- After successful registration, the candidates will have to make application fee payment.
- The next step will be selecting the exam center choice and provide the qualification details into the application.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph, signature and thumb impression will also be uploaded in the form.
- After all the details are submitted successfully, the candidates will have to take the printout of the application form.
- At last, the complete application form can be submitted finally.
The payment of application fee can be done online using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
Category-wise application fee for AIIMS MBBS is given below:
|General/ OBC candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
|Persons with Bench-mark disabilities (PWBD)||Exempted from application fee|
- The admit card for eligible and accepted application will be released on AIIMS 2019 website in May 2021 (tentatively).
- In case of non-availability of admit card or any discrepancy in the admit card, the candidates must contact the Assistant Controller Examinations, immediately.
- A valid admit card along with an original photo identity proof must be carried to the exam center.
- No candidate will be allowed entry in the exam hall unless he/ she holds a valid admit card.
- The venue, time and shift of the examination will be communicated to the candidates in the admit card.
- Candidates are advised to preserve a copy of the admit card till admission process is over.
- Candidates who appeared successfully in the entrance test will be able to check their result from official website.
- Roll number of those who qualify the exam and marks/ percentile score of all candidates will also be uploaded.
- Requests for re-evaluation/ re-checking will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Based on the exam result, a merit list of the candidates will be prepared in order of ranking.
- Counseling of the successful candidates will be done on the basis of the merit list.
AIIMS 2019 Counseling
- The authorities will conduct the counseling of the candidates hopefully from the month of July 2021 onwards.
- Complete details of the counseling schedule will be communicated through the official website.
- Applicants must report for counseling as per the schedule carrying all the important documents.
- After successful verification of document and eligibility, seat will be allotted to the candidates.