AP PGMET (Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test) will be conducted by Dr. NTR University Of Health Sciences, Andhra Pradesh for admission to PG Medical Degree and Diploma Courses. AP PGMET notification for the year 2018 is expected to be announced in the month of December 2017 and exam would be tentatively conducted in the month of February 2018.
AP PGMET has been replaced by NEET PG. Candidates will be offered admission on NEET PG merit.
|SL. No||Test Events||Tentative Date|
|1.||Notification would be issued||December 2017|
|2.||Online application form will be available from||December 2017 to January 2018|
|3.||Deadline for submission of filled-in application form along with all related enclosures||January 2018|
|4.||Hall Ticket would be downloaded from||February 2018|
|5.||Online Test is going to be organized on||February 2018|
|6.||Answer key would be released||February 2018|
|7.||Deadline for putting objection on key||March, 2018|
|8.||Final answer key will be displayed||March, 2018|
|9.||Result and merit list will be displayed||March, 2018|
|10.||Counselling date||Updated soon|
|11.||Classes would be commenced from||May, 2018|
|12.||Deadline for admission||May, 2018|
Candidates can find below information regarding minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in AP PGMET:
- Candidates should be an Indian resident or citizen of Indian origin card holders or Person of Indian Origin (PIO).
- Applicants satisfying local or non-local requirement according to G.O.P.No.646 Education (W) Department, Dated 10-7-1979 are only permitted to apply for the test.
- Candidates should hold MBBS degree from Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences in the Andhra Pradesh or Telangana State. Candidates those have obtained the MBBS degree from any other state of India, are also permitted to apply.
- MBBS degree obtained by students must be recognized with Medical Council of India.
- In case of candidate already studying PG degree or Diploma programme, he/she has to discontinue the progarmme through payment of bond amount and stipend they have drawn till the deadline for submission of application form.
How to Apply?
Online application for AP PGMET will be available in between the prescribed date at the official portal link i.e. http://www.drntruhs.org. Payment of requisite application fee can be done through Net Banking/credit card/debit card. Before you apply for the exam, please keep following list of documents ready:
- Certificate showing the date of birth of candidates;
- MBBS degree certificate;
- MBBS marks sheets;
- Scanned copy of photograph and signature (80 KB in size).
- Category certificate in case applicable;
- Service certificate in case applicable;
- Internship completion certificate;
- Debit card/credit card;
- Differently abled certificate in case applicable
|Medium of the Test||Online Test|
|Duration of the exam||3 Hours|
|Type of Questions||MCQ type|
|Marks for each correct response||+1 mark|
|Is there Negative Marking?||No|
|Minimum Marks Required to Qualify in the Test||OC candidates- 50%; SC/ST/BC category candidates- 40% and Differently Abled Candidates- 45%|
|Number of Questions||200|
|Subjects Involved and Number of Questions||Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine and SPM- 35 Questions
Anatomy, Physiology and Bio-Chemistry- 15 Questions
Medical & Allied Subjects-60 Questions
Surgery & Allied Subjects-60 Questions
Obstetrics & Gynaecology-30 Questions
The test will be conducted at Nellore, Khammam, Karimnagar, Kurnool, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Ananthapuramu, Guntur, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Warangal, Hyderabad / Secunderabad.
In order to download the admit card candidates need to follow following steps:
- Go to the official portal link i.e. http://www.drntruhs.org.
- After finding the link for admit card click the same.
- Now provide information such as your application form and password (date of birth).
- Click the submit button and you can download your admit card.
Result & Merit List
Candidates who score the minimum qualifying marks as we have mentioned above, result will be declared in respect of those candidates only. Merit list will be prepared as per the marks scored by candidates in the entrance test. According to the rank of candidates in the merit list they would be further called to attend the counseling process.