AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern 2017: I’m sharing here the detailed exam pattern of AIIMS MBBS 2017. Candidates, aspiring to appear in AIIMS MBBS entrance test, are suggested to look out this article carefully for better level of exam preparation. The mentioned exam pattern will help you to understand the syllabus, making scheme, question paper pattern, exam duration related details of AIIMS MBBS entrance test.
In this year, the exam is being conducted on 28th May, 2017 and its application form would be made available from 24th January, 2017 onward.
Important Highlights of AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern 2017
Check out below the important highlights of AIIMS MBBS exam pattern 2017:
AIIMS MBBS exam is going to be held in a computer based mode. Candidates are required to mark their answer on computer only as no sheets will be provided.
The examination is going to be conducted in two sessions i.e. Morning and Afternoon session. Morning session will be from 09:00 am to 12:00 noon whereas; the afternoon session will be from 03:00 pm to 06:30 pm.
Total Number of Questions
The question paper will consists of 200 questions in total among which 60 questions will be asked each from Biology, Physics and Chemistry where, rest 20 questions would be included from General Knowledge section.
Language Mode of Question Paper
The language mode of the question paper will be Hindi as well as English. Candidates may choose one of the options according to their convenience.
There will be multiple choice and reason-assertion based questions asked in the exam. While dealing with multiple choice questions, candidates need to choose the most appropriate option from the given four alternatives.
+1 will be added for every correct answer whereas, deduction of 1/3rd marks will be made for every incorrect response.
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Qualifying Marks
Below, I am sharing with you details related to minimum qualifying marks in AIIMS MBBS 2017:
- General category candidates will have to acquire at least 50 percentile in the entrance exam.
- General category candidates will have to acquire at least 40 percentile in the entrance exam.
- The minimum qualifying marks for OBC category candidate is 45 percentile.
Procedure Adopted for Resolving Ties
Following tie breaking rule will be adopted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi:
- High percentile in Biology will be preferred first.
- High percentile in Chemistry will be preferred thereafter.
- High percentile in Physics will be considered then.
- If the tie hasn’t resolved yet by adopting aforesaid rules then candidates senior in age will be preferred first.