Madras University is one of the most popular universities in the state of Tamil Nadu. It offers a large number of post graduate, graduate, diploma, and certificate courses in the field of Arts, Science, Management, and Commerce. Those who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. The application form will be available in both online and offline mode. Aspirants must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. In this article, we are going to provide all the necessary details related to the Madras University Admission 2021.
A lot of courses are offered by the Madras University for admission. Some of them are as follows.
- M.A (Ancient History and Archaeology, Historical Studies, Anthropology, Lifelong Learning, Human Resource Management (Regular & Self Supportive), Sociology, Women’s Studies, Defence and Strategic Studies, Public Administration, Political Science, International Relations, South and Southeast Studies, Public Administration (TM), Public Policy, Development Administration, Economics, Econometrics, Financial Economics, Indian Philosophy, Buddhism, Yoga: Theory and Practice (Self-Supportive), Comparative Religion and Philosophy with Specialization in Saiva Siddhanta Studies, Vaishnavism, Divyaprabhandham, Christian Scripture, Jaina Studies, Islamic Studies, English, French, Hindi, Kannada)
- M.Sc. (Counselling Psychology, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarials Science, Computer Science, Applied Geography, Geology, Applied Geology, Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Chemistry, Information Technology, Energy and Material Science, Biophysics, Physics, Advanced Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology)
- M.Com. (International Business & Finance)
- M.Com. Business Data Science (Self Supportive)
- M.S.W. Social Work
- M.L. Constitutional Law and Legal Order (Regular & Self Supportive)
- M.Lib.I.Sc. Library and Information Science
- PG Diploma Courses – Parent Counselling (for School Principals and Teachers), Technical Writing, Ambedkar Thoughts, Ethics and Biotechnology, Saiva Siddhanta, Linguistics, Manuscriptology and Editing, Inscrptiona and culture, Taxonomy of Fungi, Immunotechnology, Molecular Cell Biology & Stem Cell Technology.
The tentative dates related to the Madras University Admission 2021 are given below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of the registration process||3rd week of April 2021|
|Last date for registration||3rd week of June 2021|
|Date of entrance exam||Last week of June 2021|
|Declaration of result/ merit list||Yet to be announced.|
Madras University Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are different for various courses as given below.
M.A. (Ancient History and Archaeology)
- A candidate who has passed any Bachelor’s Degree Examination of this University or an examination of other Universities accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent.
M.A. (Historical Studies/ Anthropology)
- A Bachelor’s degree in any subject of the University of Madras or any other University accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto.
M.Ed. (Regular & Self Supportive)
- Candidates must have a B.Ed. or B.T degree.
M.S.W. Social Work
- All the Bachelor (Undergraduate) degree holders of Madras University (or from any university degree) holders declared eligible by Madras University and with right aptitude for Social work profession will be eligible for applying for the course.
M.A. Public Administration
- A pass in the B.A Public Administration / Political Science or any other degree recognized.
M.A. Political Science
- A pass in the B.A. Political Science or any other degree recognized.
M.A. International Relations
- Candidates must have passed B.A Political Science / History or any other degree recognized.
- Aspirants must have B.Sc. Physics with Mathematics or B.Sc. Applied Sciences degree.
- Candidates should have B.Sc. Botany /Biotechnology /Microbiology/ Biochemistry with a minimum of second class (55 percent and above)
- All the candidates must have B.Sc. in I or II class with zoology as main.
- The candidates must have a B.Sc. Geology degree.
Note: For the eligibility criteria of the rest of the courses, the candidates must check the official notification.
Madras University Application Form 2021
The application process for Madras University Admission 2021 will release in online mode. Those who want to apply need to register through the official website. The complete process of application is explained in the points given below.
- To start the process of application form submission, candidates have to register on the official website of the university.
- In order to register, aspirants need to provide some of their basic details like name, date of birth, email address, phone number, etc.
- After registration, candidates will receive login credentials on their phone number and email ID.
- Next, the candidates have login using the credentials generated after the registration.
- Then, in the main application form, aspirants have to provide their educational, personal, and contact details.
- Aspirants must ensure that they enter all the details accurately. Otherwise, the application form can get rejected.
- Apart from the details, aspirants also need to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature.
- It is also necessary to pay the required application fee along with the application form.
- It is advised to take a print out of the application form submitted and fee receipt.
The application form can also be collected in offline mode through the University campus. The duly filled application form must be submitted to the following address – Registrar, University of Madras Tholkapiar Valagam (Chepauk). The offline application form must be submitted along with copy of the following documents.
- HSC certificate
- Consolidated Statement of Marks
- Community Certificate for BC/MBC & DNC/SC/ST
- Certificate for the Differently Abled
- Code of Conduct Certificate
- Provisional Degree Certificate
- The application fee for Madras University Admission 2021 is Rs. 300/-
- Aspirants can pay the fees online using a credit card, debit card, and internet banking. Alternatively, the fee can also be paid offline using a Demand draft.
Madras University Admission 2021 Selection Process
The selection process depends upon the course in which you are looking for admission. The process of the selection process for some of the courses is given below.
- Admission based on the entrance examinations to be conducted by the university.
- MA Programmes: Ancient History & Archaeology, Anthropology, Public Administration, Sociology, Defence & Strategic Studies, Political Science, International Relations, Economics, Journalism & Mass Communication, English, Tamil Literature and Culture, Tamil Studies, M.L. Constitutional Law and Legal Order
- M.Sc. Course: Criminology & Criminal Justice Science, Cyber Forensic & Information Security, HRD Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Chemistry (Polymer Chemistry), Analytical Chemistry, Biophysics, Physics (Nuclear Physics), Physics (Theoretical Physics), Nano Science and Nano Technology, Energy & Material Science, Advanced Biochemistry, Medical Biochemistry, Biomedical Genetics, Biotechnology, Botany, Zoology, Medical Microbiology (3 Years), Anatomy (3 Years), Physiology (3 Years), Neuroscience, Masters of, Journalism- Online Media, Yoga
- M.Tech: Nano Science and Nano Technology
- The admission based on the qualifying examination merit list.
- M.A. Programmes: Bharathanatyam, Buddhism, Comparative Religion and Philosophy with Specialization in Christian Studies, Christian Scriptures, Divyaprabandham, Vaishnavism, French, Folk Music, Financial Economics, Hindi, Historical Studies, Kannada, Lifelong Learning, Human Resource Management, Public Administration(TM), Public Policy, Rhythmology, Comparative Religion and Philosophy with Specialization in Saiva Siddhanta, Sanskrit, Telugu, Vaishnavism, Women’s Studies
- M.Ed. Education
- M.Sc. Programmes: Photonics & Biophotonics
- M.Lib.I.Sc. Course: Library & Information Science, Material Science
- PG Diploma Courses: Ambedkar Thoughts, Banking and Finance, Biblical Languages and Interpretation, Clinical Embryology, Counselling Psychology, Christian Spirituality & Counseling, Digital Library Management, Ethics and Biotechnology, Ethics & Human Resource Management, Extension and Development Administration, Functional Hindi and Translation(Two year– Part time), Folkloristic and Mass Media, Immunotechnology, Inscription and Culture, Linguistics, Manuscriptology and Editing, Molecular Cell Biology & Stem cell, etc.
- Diploma Course: Arabic, Cyber Crime & Information Security, French, German, Internal Audit, Italian, Jaina Temple Management, Kannada, Malayalam, Manuscriptology (PT), Spanish, Travel and Tourism Management, Urdu, Telugu, Buddhist Studies, Teaching Methodology, Abhinaya&Nattuvangam, Teaching Methodology In Music
- Certificate Courses: Arabic, Blogging, Buddhist Studies, Christian Scriptures and Interpretation, Counseling Psychology, French, Functional English and Public, Speaking, German, Hindi, Hospitality Management, Italian, Kannada, Malayalam, NGO Management, Pre-Primary Education, Skin Care Beauty Therapy, Spanish, TV News Reading Comparing, Urdu, Webpage Design, Women’s Studies Yoga (PT).
Madras University Admission 2021 Admit Card
- As you can see in the selection process, the university will conduct the entrance exam for admission to some of the courses.
- The university will also release admit cards for the candidates who will submit the application form and fee before the last date.
- The information about the date, time and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card.
- It is advised to keep the admit card safe even after the examination as it might be required at the time of admission.
Madras University Admission 2021 Result
- The result of the entrance exam will be declared in online mode through the official website of the university.
- To check the result, aspirants have to provide their roll number and other registration details.
- The result card will contain information related to the marks secured by the aspirants in the entrance test.
- In addition to the result, the university will also publish the list of candidates shortlisted for admission in online mode.
- Those candidates who will be shortlisted for admission either based on qualifying examination merit or entrance exam will be invited to the counselling process.
- In the counselling process, candidates will be asked to provide the choice of colleges and courses.
- The admission will be provided on the basis of merit and choice filled by the candidates in the counselling.
- The admission will be confirmed only after the verification of documents and payment of admission fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: I don’t want to participate in the counselling process. Is it possible for me to get the application fee back?
Answer: No, the application fee once submitted will not be refunded.
Question – 2: Can I submit the application form in offline mode?
Answer: Yes, the university will also release the application form offline mode.
Question – 3: What is the tuition fee for MBA course at Madras University?
Answer: The tuition fee for the MBA course is Madras University is Rs. 28000/-
Question – 4: When the application form for UG courses will release?
Answer: It is expected that the application form for the UG course is expected to release in the month of April 2021.