The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will release the official notification regarding UPSC EPFO 2024. It is a recruitment process to select Enforcement/ Accounts Officers in the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). Selected candidates will work under the Ministry of Labour and Employment..
The recruitment process consists of two stages i.e. Written Test and an Interview. Only those candidates who will clear the written test will be invited for the interview. Those who are interested in applying for the exam must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria and submit their applications before the last date.
UPSC EPFO Recruitment 2024 Highlights
UPSC EPFO Enforcement Officers (EO) / Accounts Officers (AO) recruitment exam is a great opportunity for those looking to join the EPFO and work for the central government. The highlights of this recruitment process are given in the following table.
|Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
|Name of the post
|Enforcement Officer (EO)/ Accounts Officer (AO) and Assistant Provident Fund Commissioner (APFC)
|Mode of Application
|Type of jobs
|Central Government Job
|Number of Vacancies
|Yet to be announced (577 as per the last year’s notification)
|Mode of examination
|Offline (Pen and Paper Based Test)
|Release Date of official notification
|February 2024 (Expected)
UPSC EPFO Recruitment Dates 2024
|Releasing of the UPSC EPFO Notification 2024
|4th week of February 2024
|Starting of online application form submission
|4th week of February 2024
|Last date to submit the application form
|3rd week of March 2024
|Availability of Admit Card
|1st week of May 2024
|Date of Examination
|2nd week of May 2024
UPSC EPFO Eligibility Criteria 2024
Aspirants must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before applying.
Candidates with any of the following nationalities are eligible to apply.
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal/ Bhutan
- Tibetan refugees settled permanently in India (since 1962).
- A person of Indian origin settled permanently in India from countries like Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, Vietnam, and other East African countries.
- Mandatory-A Bachelor’s degree in any subject from a recognized university.
- Desirables -A diploma in Labour Laws/ Company Laws/ Public Administration.
Age Limit (As on March 2024)
The Age Limit of UPSC EPFO for EO/ AO post is 30 Years. For APFC, the upper age limit is 35 years. Candidates from the following categories will get age relaxations as per the rules.
|Physically Handicapped General Category
|Physically Handicapped OBC Category
|SC/ ST Physically Handicapped Candidates
Application Process for UPSC EPFO Recruitment
Check out the following steps to know how to apply for the UPSC EPFO exam.
- Visit the official UPSC website (upsc.gov.in) and click on the UPSC EPFO Online Application Form link.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button on the next page.
- Fill in all the necessary educational and personal details in UPSC EPFO Application Form 2024.
- Check the declaration available at the bottom of the page and click “Yes, I Agree”.
- Submit the application form and complete the 1st part of the registration process.
- Now, you can go to part II of the form and upload your photograph, signature, and photo ID proof.
- Finally, verify your details and click on the submit button.
An application form will not be considered valid unless you pay the application fee. The fees are different for various categories.
|General/ OBC/ EWS
|Female/ ST/ PWD/ SC
Mode of payment – Candidates can pay the application fee online using methods like UPI/ Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- The commission will release UPSC EPFO Call Letter/ Admit Card separately for the written test and interview.
- To download the admit card, candidates have to visit the official website and log in with their credentials.
- The admit card will carry information about the examination centre and timings.
- UPSC will not send admit cards by post or any other means. All candidates need to download the same through the website.
The pattern of UPSC EPFO written test is given below.
- Mode of Recruitment Test (RT) – Offline (Pen and Paper Based Test)
- Type of questions – Objective type multiple choice questions
- Duration of examination – 2 hours
- Number of questions – 120 questions
- Language of questions – Hindi and English
- Negative Marking – ⅓ marks will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer
|Name of the Topic
|General English and Vocabulary
|Indian Culture, and Freedom Movements with Current Events
|Constitution of India
|Population, Development, and Globalization
|Accounting and Auditing, Industrial Relations, Labor Laws, Insurance
|Current Trends in the Indian Economy
|Social Security in India
|Elementary Mathematics, Statistics, and General Mental Ability
|Basic Knowledge of Computer Applications and General Science
|UPSC EPFO Interview 2024
Here is the subject-wise syllabus of the UPSC EPFO Recruitment Exam.
|General English and Vocabulary
|Idioms and Phrases, Synonyms & Antonyms, Verb & Adverb, Vocabulary, Subject-Verb Agreement, Passage Completion, Grammar, Comprehension, Theme Detection, Articles, Sentence Completion, Tenses, Word Formation, Fill in the Blanks, Error Correction, Conclusion, Unseen Passages, Sentence Rearrangement
|Ray optics and optical instruments, Mechanical properties of solids, Moving charges and magnetism, Electric charges and fields, Electrostatic potential and capacitance, Electromagnetic induction, Current electricity, Magnetism and Matter, Thermodynamics, Motion in a straight line, Nuclei, Motion in a plane, Systems of particles and rotational motion, Mechanical properties of fluids, Dual nature of radiation and matter, Alternating current., Atoms, Electromagnetic waves, Semiconductor electronics
|Basic Concepts, Cyber Security, Operating System, Spreadsheet, Software Packages, Working with Internet
|Statistics, Economics, and Mathematics
|Index Number, Correlation and Regression, Design of Sample Survey, Time Series Analysis.
|General Mental Ability
|Coding-Decoding, Direction Sense Test, Blood Relations, Mathematical Operations, Arithmetical Reasoning, Logical Venn Diagrams
- Soon after the examination, the commission will release the UPSC EPFO Result PDF.
- Candidates will be able to download the PDF file from the official website.
- UPSC will prepare the result on the basis of marks secured by candidates in the Recruitment Test (RT) & Interview.
- While preparing the result card, UPSC will give 75% weightage to the written test (Recruitment Test) and 25% to the Interview.
UPSC will release the cut-off marks for the selection along with the result. For your reference, we are providing the UPSC EPFO Cut Off for the previous year.
|Written Test (Recruitment Test)
|Final Cut off
|General/ Unreserved (UR)
|PH – OH
|PH – HI
The salary for both Enforcement Officer (EO) and Accounts Officer (AO) is based on the Level 8 of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC).
The basic salary for an EO/AO is Rs. 43600 per month. In addition to the basic salary, the officers are also entitled to a number of allowances, such as Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Transport Allowance (TA), and other benefits.
Number of Posts and Job Description
The UPSC has not yet disclosed the exact number of posts available for the upcoming recruitment. You may check the number of vacancies as per the previous year’s recruitment given in the following table.
Here are the responsibilities and duties of EPFO Enforcement Officers and Account Officers.
- To monitor employers’ contributions to the EPF and ensure that employees receive their benefits on time.
- Providing advice and guidance to employers and employees on their rights and obligations under the EPFO.
- The officer is also responsible for investigating any violations of EPFO regulations.
- The officer must communicate effectively with employers, employees, and other stakeholders to ensure the EPFO’s regulations are followed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Candidates selected for the post of EO/ AO will get paid as per level 8 in the 7th pay commission
No, it is an offline exam (OMR sheet-based test)
A candidate must have completed graduation to apply for this test.