SSC MTS 2020 will be conducted by the Staff Selection Commission to shortlist the candidates for recruitment for different positions for Group C posts. The candidates will be able to apply for the exam hopefully from the month of November 2020 in online mode. The interested candidates, however, must ensure their eligibility for recruitment before they submit their application. The candidates can find the important details related to SSC MTS 2020 such as important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, etc by following this article.
SSC MTS 2020 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to SSC MTS 2020 are given in the table. The dates will be updated as soon as the announcement regarding the actual dates is made.
|Important Events||Expected Dates|
|Release of online application form||November 2020, 1st week|
|Last date to submit the application form||December 2020, 1st week|
|Issue of admit card||December 2020|
|Exam date||To be notified|
|Declaration of result||To be notified|
SSC MTS 2020 Exam Pattern
The SSC MTS exam pattern 2020 is given below:
- Mode of exam: Pen and paper based
- Number of papers: 2 – Paper I and Paper II
- Type of questions: Objective type for Paper I and Descriptive type for Paper II
- Medium of test: English and Hindi both
- Exam duration: 1:30 hours for Paper I and 30 minutes for Paper II
- Marking scheme: 1.5 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer for Paper I and 50 marks will be given for Paper II
|Short Essay/ Letter in English or any language included in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution||50|
The topic-wise syllabus for SSC MTS 2020 exam in details is given below:
- General Intelligence: Similarities And Differences, Space Visualization, Problem Solving, Analysis, Judgment, Decision Making, Visual Memory, Discriminating Observation, Relationship Concepts, Figure Classification, Arithmetical Number Series, Non-Verbal Series etc.
- Numerical Aptitude: Algebra, Ratio and Proportion, Problems on Ages, Mensuration, Speed, Time and Distance, Profit and Loss, Number Series, Time and Work, Data Interpretation, Tables and Graphs, etc
- General English: Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Spellings, Phrases and Idioms, Synonyms and Antonyms, etc
- General Awareness: Current Affairs, Award and Honors, Science and Technology, Literature, General Polity including Indian Constitution, Sports, History, Culture, Geography, etc
In order to help the candidates in clearing their SSC MTS 2020 exam, certain important tips for exam preparation are provided below:
- Time management between different subjects is very important so that you cover your complete syllabus in time. Make a time table for this and follow it strictly.
- Practice for reasoning and aptitude as much as possible. Only practice can make you perfect in these two topics.
- Always keep yourself updated with the current affairs. Read newspaper daily and listen to news on television or radio.
- Stay away from distraction as much as you can. Be it your mobile or interrupting friends, maintain fair distance from them.
- Do not neglect your health. Proper food and sleep is equally important as hard work of study.
SSC MTS 2020 Application Form
The SSC MTS application form 2020 will be released in the online mode and the candidates can obtain the form from the official website of the commission. The candidates will first have to register themselves first before applying for the exam. At the time of registration, the candidates will first have to provide their basic details and after successful registration, a registration id and password will be generated. Using this id and password the candidates can fill the application form. The candidates will have to provide the rest of the details in the form and upload their photograph and signature in scanned format. The duly filled application form can then be submitted with the required application fee.
The application fee will be Rs. 100/- and the payment can be done via State Bank of India Challan or through SBI net banking. The candidates belonging to SC/ ST, PH, Ex-Servicemen category and all women candidates will be exempted from paying the application fee.
SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria 2020
Only the candidates who fulfill the below-mentioned SSC MTS 2020 eligibility criteria should apply for the exam:
- Citizen of India, Subject of Bhutan or Subject of Nepal
- Tibetan refugee, who has come to India before 1st January 1962 to become a permanent resident of the country, can also apply.
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- The minimum and maximum age limit of the candidates should be 18 and 25 years respectively.
- The applicants should have passed their matriculation or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
SSC MTS Admit Card 2020
The SSC MTS 2020 admit card will be released on the commission’s website and the candidates can download the admit card using their registration id and password. The candidates after downloading their admit card must take its printout to be carried to the exam hall. The candidates who do not hold a valid admit card will not be allowed to appear for the exam. The admit card will carry important details such as candidate’s name, roll number, exam schedule, venue, etc.
SSC MTS Result 2020
The SSC MTS 2020 result will be declared in online mode on the official website. The score and ranking of the candidates will also be made available on the commission’s portal. The other details of the candidates such as name, parents’/ husband’s name, educational qualification, date of birth, category, gender, e-mail address, etc will also be made available on the website. However, the candidates can opt out of this at the time of filling their application form.