RRB Chennai Recruitment Railway Recruitment Board, Chennai will invite applications from the interested and eligible candidates for the recruitment of various upcoming government railways jobs at Chennai.
The applicants can apply for the different vacancies according to their qualification and interests. They can only apply through online mode as there are no other modes accepted.
Aspirants who want to stay updated to all latest updates announced by RRB Chennai should visit its official web and Employment news/ Rozgar Samachar and many other National/ Regional Newspapers on regular basis. They need to submit their RRB Chennai Recruitment application form as per schedule date. For more information about RRB Chennai Recruitment 2018-19, candidates can go through this post.
RRB Chennai Recruitment important points
- The details regarding vacancies, exam dates and results etc will publish in official website/ Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar and local dailies.
- The candidates whose applications are rejected will be informed through post along with the reason of their rejection.
- RRB will not responsible for any wrong delivery of call letters / postal delay/ Rejection letters. No intimation will be sent to those candidates who are not selected in written test or any other test.
- Candidates, who get selected, will have to go through training process wherever training is specified for the post.
- Serving Defense Personnel expected to be retired within one year of the final date can also apply against Ex-Servicemen posts.
- Posts of persons with disability and Ex-Servicemen are not separate but included in the total number of posts.
- Before applying for any vacancy, the applicants must ensure that whether they satisfy all the eligibility norms as required for that particular post.
- Interested candidates need to possess the necessary educational/ technical qualifications from recognized University/Institute as on the specified date.
- Applicants awaiting results of the final examination need not to apply.
- RRB, Chennai have the right to reject the applications of applicants at any time of recruitment process in case the applicant is not fulfilling the prescribed criteria, and if selected, such applicants are liable to be eliminated from service immediately.
There will be upper age relaxation given to the reserved categories as listed below:
- For SC/ST candidates- 5 years
- For OBC candidates – 3 years
- For Ex-Servicemen – depends up to the extent of their service rendered in Defence
- Candidates from Jammu and Kashmir – 5 years (should possess the domicile of Jammu & Kashmir from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989)
- Physically Handicapped candidates- 10 years
RRB Chennai Recruitment Application Form: How to apply?
- Interested & eligible applicants should open the official website.
- Now, look for latest recruitment link posted by RRB Chennai from its home page.
- Click on that particular job link.
- Read the official notification very carefully before applying online application form.
- Fill all the important details correctly and completely.
- Review the details and then click on submit button.
- Take the printout of it and keep it with you for future reference.
The authority will release the admit card or call letter to the successfully registered candidates via post. Applicants can also download their admit card from the official website of RRB Chennai. While coming to the examination center, candidates need to bring their admit card.
- The paper will include objective type questions with multiple answers
- The written test may likely to include questions relating to General English / General Hindi, General Knowledge, Analytical and Quantitative Skills, General Arithmetic and those subjects covered as part of minimum educational/technical qualifications for the post.
- The question paper will be organized in Hindi, English, and Urdu language as well as in regional languages exists in the jurisdiction of each RRB.
- The duration of the exam will be 1½ to 2 hours with about 100 to 150 questions.
- There will be negative marking of 1/3 mark in written test for each wrong answer.
The selection of candidates is strictly made on the basis of their merit, based written examination. Additionally, Skill Test/ Aptitude/Interview etc. may also be organized wherever applicable. The organization will invite the short listed candidates for verification of the original documents according to merit, availability of posts and reservation rules.
The Joining of selected applicants is subject to their passing necessary Medical Fitness Test to be organized by the Railway Administration, verification of character/ antecedent of the applicant and, final verification of educational and community certificate.
Contact details of RRB Chennai
Railway Recruitment Board
5, Dr. P.V. Cherian Crescent Road,
India – 600 008
Phone number: 044 – 2827 5323
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org