BPCL Recruitment through GATE: Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has released the recruitment notification for Mechanical Engineers as Management Trainees through GATE. Candidates, who have the appropriate qualifications, can apply for the post and can grab the opportunity. The PSU selects the candidates on the basis of the score in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
BPCL will recruit the candidates on the basis of the score to attend by them in the GATE and those, who have appeared in the exam, will be eligible to apply for the posts. Candidates, who are shortlisted on the basis of the score in GATE, will be further tested thru various examination processes such as ‘group discussion’ and ‘interview’. In the post, candidates can know all the details about the BPCL Recruitment through GATE. Here, the details will include the information about the BPCL Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, and Selection Procedure.
BPCL Recruitment through GATE Important Dates
All the important dates about BPCL Recruitment through GATE have been given in the following table:
|1||Start date for BPCL application||January 2019|
|2||Last date for BPCL application||February 2019|
|3||Download GATE Admit Card||4th January 2019 onwards|
|4||GATE Exam||2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2019|
Note: The dates given in the above table have been updated according to the latest notification.
BPCL Recruitment through GATE Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the posts published by BPCL, candidates must make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria of the posts which they will be recruited by the company. The eligibility criteria for the BPCL recruitment through GATE will be as given in the following points:
- The applicants, just have passed the 4 years of B.E. or B.Tech program from any university or recognized institute.
- Candidates having B.Sc (Engg) degree are also eligible to apply.
- It is also necessary that they have secured minimum 60% marks in the B.E. or B.Tech program.
- Candidates of the reserved category will be eligible to apply for the post with 55% mark in the B.E. or B.Tech programme.
- Candidates of final year engineering should have secured at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST PwD) in aggregate up to the last semester.
Age Limit ( As on 01.06.2019)
- General Category– Maximum 25 years (It means candidates should be born on or after 2nd June 1994);
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer): 28 years (It means candidates should be born on or after 2nd June 1991);
- SC/ST: Maximum 30 years (It means candidates should be born on or after 2nd June 1989);
- PwDs: Candidates having 40% or more disability will be considered under this category. They can avail 10 years relaxation in age (it mean they should be born on or after 2nd June 1984);
- Candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1981 and 31.12.1990– Can get relaxation up to 5 years;
Candidates of Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers category (including ECOs & SSCOs, subject to rendering minimum 5 years’ military service and satisfying other conditions as notified by the Government of India): can get relaxation up to 5 years;
- The Myopia & Hypermetropia (vision) of the applicants, if any, should be within permissible limits i.e. (-) 6.00 & (+) 4.00.
- The colour blindness or squint of the applicants, partial or full, will not be acceptable.
- There should not be any major ailment in the body which requires extensive medical treatment to
BPCL Recruitment through GATE Application Form
Candidates will have to apply for the BPCL recruitment separately and for GATE separately. In the following points, candidates can get all the details about the BPCL Recruitment Application form:
- The BPCL Recruitment application form will be available online on the official portal of the undertaking.
- In the application form, candidates will have to provide all the details such as their name, address and the details of the educational qualification.
- Candidates won’t be able to fill and apply for the post with more than one application form.
- There will be no application fee for applying for the post.
- Candidates will upload the scanned photo and the signature in the application form.
- Except that, candidates will be required to give the details of their communication such as valid email ID and the mobile number.
- After submitting the application form candidates can take the printout of the application form or save that in the pdf format for further reference.
BPCL Recruitment through GATE Selection Procedure
Here is the quick overview of the selection procedure for BPCL recruitment through GATE, please have a look:
- The selection of the candidates will be on the basis of the marks attained by the candidates in the GATE exam.
- The real thing which will make the difference is the performance of the candidates in the personality test.
- The BPCL selection committee will conduct the group discussion and Personal Interview to select the candidates for the post.
- The selection board will also seek for the medical fitness of the applicants and the candidates who will have an ailment which will require extensive medical treatment for recovery will be out of the race of selection.
All the stages of BPCL Recruitment through GATE Selection Process are tabled below
|S.No||Selection procedure for BPCL||Parameters|
|1||Shortlisting||GATE 2018 marks|
|2||Pre-selection||Group discussions/ Personal interviews/ Alternate selection methodology|
|3||Selection||Decided upon the basis of medical fitness of the applicants in the pre-employment medical examination|
Note: Apart from the above listed shortlisting methods, at the preliminary level, the conducting body may also organize Psychometric tests and/or any other selection tests/ tools may also be considered.
Cutoff marks for BPCL recruitment through GATE
Certain cutoff marks will be decided by the management for candidates participating in BPCL recruitment through GATE. The authority will invite only those candidates for the second stage of the selection procedure i.e. personal interview/group discussions who successfully qualify the GATE exam with required cutoff marks. We will update here the cut off for BPCL recruitment through GATE when it will be announced officially.
CLICK HERE for more details about PSU Recruitment through GATE