The candidates aspiring for a future as an officer in Indian Forest Services can apply for UPSC IFS 2022 exam. The interested candidates will first have to appear for the Civil Service preliminary exam and then for Indian Forest Service (Main) examination (written and interview). The candidates who clear all the three rounds of selection will be considered as qualified. The candidates can apply for the exam in online mode from 2nd February 2022. The other important details related to UPSC IFS 2022 such as eligibility, syllabus, exam pattern, result, etc are provided in this article.
UPSC IFS 2022 application form has been released on 2nd February 2022.
UPSC IFS 2022 Important Dates
The official dates regarding UPSC IFS 2022 are given here. These dates have been updated as per the official announcement by the relevant authorities.
|Online application form availability||2nd February 2022|
|Last date for application form submission||22nd February 2022|
|Admit card release||May 2022|
|Date of the exam||Prelims-5th June 2022
Mains- 20th November 2022
|Announcement of result for prelims||—|
UPSC IFS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The following educational criteria need to be fulfilled by the UPSC IFS 2022 aspirants:
- Citizen of India, Subject of Bhutan or Subject of Nepal
- Tibetan refugee, who came to India before 1st January 1962 to become a permanent resident
- Person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of settling permanently
- Qualification required: The applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from a recognized University.
- Age limit: The minimum and maximum age limit of the aspirants will be 21 years and 32 years respectively, as on 1st August 2022.
- Number of attempts: The eligible candidates will be given 6 attempts to clear this exam.
UPSC IFS Application Form 2022
The application form will be released in online mode on the official website of UPSC. No other mode for filling or submitting the form will be provided. The candidates will have to provide their personal and educational details as asked in the application form. Scanned copies of photograph and signature will also be uploaded in the form. Care must be taken to provide only correct details into the form as any error in the form might lead to its cancellation. After providing all the required details into the application, the candidates can make the final form submission along with the prescribed application fee.
The applicants will have to submit an application fee of Rs. 100/- (except for SC/ST/PH candidates and women candidates who are exempted from payment of fee). The fee payment can be done either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, by using SBI net banking or by using credit card/ debit card.
UPSC IFS 2022 Exam Pattern
UPSC IFS exam pattern 2022 for both preliminary and main exam is provided below:
For preliminary exam
- Number of papers: 2 (for each paper)
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Negative marking: Applicable (One-third of the marks allotted will be deducted for each incorrect response)
- Question paper language: Both English & Hindi
- Total marks: 400
For main exam:
- Number of papers: 4
- Duration of exam: 3 hours (for each paper)
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Type of questions: Essay type
- Question paper language: English
UPSC IFS Syllabus 2022
Check out the prescribed syllabus for UPSC IFS exam:
For preliminary exam
- Paper I: History of India & Indian National Movement, Current Events of National & International Importance, Indian Polity & Governance, Indian & World Geography, Economic & Social Development, General Science and General Issues on Environment
- Paper II: Comprehension, Interpersonal Skills Including Communication Skills, Logical Reasoning & Analytical Ability, Decision Making & Problem Solving, General Mental Ability and Basic Numeracy
For main exam:
- General English: Understanding of English, Essay Writing, Passage Summary, Précis Writing, Use of Words, etc
- General Knowledge: Knowledge Of Current Events, Indian Polity Including the Political System and the Constitution of India, History of India & Geography of a Nature, etc
- Optional Subjects: The detailed topics for the optional subjects for which the candidates choose to appear can be found on the official website of the commission.
The candidates preparing for the UPSC IFS 2022 exam can follow these strategies to clear the exam:
- Start from the scratch, preparing each and every topic form the basics and then move forward towards the complex ones.
- Do not leave any topic. Each and every topic is equally important.
- Studying all topics from the NCERT books is a must as no other book can prepare your base more than the NCERTs.
- Always keep yourself up-to-date of your surroundings, whether it is field of geography, polity, environment, everything.
- Forget every other thing except study. Distractions are the biggest enemy of UPSC preparation.
- Solve mock tests and sample papers for practice. You can also refer to the internet for practice material.
UPSC IFS Admit Card 2022
The admit card will be made available in the online mode around 3 weeks before the commencement of the exam. The candidates will be able to download their e-admit card from the UPSC official website. In case any problem occurs in downloading the admit card, it must be communicated to the commission’s office immediately. The candidate should take a printout of the admit card and carry it to the exam center on the exam date.
UPSC IFS Result 2022
The final result of the UPSC IFS 2022 will be announced on the official website expectedly in the month of July 2022. The candidates who clear the preliminary exam will have to appear for the main exam and those who clear mains also, will be invited for the interview round. The final result will be declared for the candidates who clear all the 3 rounds of the exam. Only such candidates will be considered for recruitment into the forest services depending on the fulfillment of eligibility and other criteria.
1 thought on “UPSC IFS 2022: Indian Forest Services Exam 2022”
Hi..I’ve done B.Sc with biotechnology. Am i eligible to apply for this exam?