UPSC Civil Services like IAS, IPS, IES etc. are considered as some of the most prestigious jobs in India. The UPSC will invite the applications for the civil services examinations in the month of February 2019 tentatively. The mode of application will be online and the last date for the submission of civil services application form 2019 is expected to be in the month of March 2019.
The candidates aspiring to appear in civil services exams can check all necessary the details regarding the Civil Services Application form 2019 such important dates, step to submit application form, application fee etc. from this article.
UPSC Civil Services Important dates 2019
The important dates regarding Civil Services Application form 2019 are given in the table below. Please note that dates given here are tentative based on last year’s data. The exact dates will be updated on this after the release of official notification
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Release of Official notification by UPSC||3rd week of February 2019|
|Availability of Civil Services Application Form 2019||3rd week of February 2019|
|Last date to submit Application form online||3rd week of March 2019|
|Release of Admit card (for Pre exam)||Last week of May 2019|
|UPSC Civil Services Pre Exam||1st week of June 2019|
|Release of Admit Card (for Main Exam)||2nd week of September 2019|
|UPSC Civil Services Main Exam||3rd week of September 2019|
How to Apply for Civil Services 2019?
The UPSC Civil Services Application form 2019 will be released in online mode only. The candidates need to fill and submit the application form through the official website.
Steps to fill the Civil Services Application Form 2019
Step 1: Registration of Candidate (Part 1)
- First of all, the candidates need to register themselves online on the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in
- We will also update a direct link to the registration form on this post when available.
- During Part 1 registration, the candidates have to provide personal details such as Name, Category, Gender, Nationality, Father’s Name, and Mother’s Name etc.
- The details about age relaxation claims will also need to be furnished during this step.
- After providing the personal details the aspirants have to enter the educational details like percentage in graduation etc.
- The candidates will also be required to enter the details regarding the Civil Services Mains Exam like medium of exams, optional subject, exam center etc.
Step 2: Application Fee payment
- After the Part 1 registration, the candidates have to submit the prescribed application fee.
- The application fee can be paid online via Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
- The application fee for Civil Services Application Form 2019 can also be paid via offline mode.
- In offline mode, the candidates have to submit the application fee by cash at any branch of SBI.
- The cash will be submitted at any branch of SBI by using a “Pay-in-Slip”, the option to download and print “Pay-in-Slip” is available at official website of UPSC
Step 3: Registration (Part 2)
- In this step, the candidates will be required to upload the scanned copy of recent passport size photograph and signature.
- The specification for the uploaded images is elaborated in the table given below:
|Photograph||.jpg||3 KB to 40 KB||110 w x 140 h|
|Signature||.jpg||1 KB to 40 KB||140 w x 110 h|
- It will be the responsibility of a candidate to ensure that the quality of image uploaded should be good.
- In next step, the candidates have to choose the exam center for Prelims exam.
- Finally, the candidates should take the printout of submitted Civil Services Application Form 2019 and keep it safe for the future reference.
Civil Services Application Fee 2019
The application fee for different categories is given in the table
|Male Candidates From General and OBC categories||Rs. 200/-|
|Female, SC, ST, PH candidates||Nil (Exempted for Application Fee)|
Note: The application fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstance
Points to Remember while Filling Civil Services Application Form 2019
- The candidates must ensure their eligibility before submitting the application form.
- The applicant should submit only one Civil Services Application Form 2019. However, if any candidate does submit more than one application form then he/she must ensure that the application form with higher RID (Registration ID) must be complete as the application form with higher Registration ID will be considered by the UPSC.
- Government Employees can submit the application form directly to the commission. However, they have to submit the undertaking that they have informed their head of office/department.
- There will be no requirement to send the hard copy of submitted application form to the UPSC office.
- The candidates must ensure that their email id should remain active during the recruitment process, as the communication regarding the exams will be processed through the registered email id only.
- The candidates must provide the authentic details only, as the document will be verified during the later stage of recruitment.
Civil Services Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidates must make sure that they are eligible before submitting the Civil Services Application Form 2019
The eligibility criteria for Civil Services 2019 will be as follows:
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree.
- The applicants appearing the final year exam of graduation can also apply.
- The age limit and number of attempts will depend upon the category of the candidate as shown in the table below:
|Categories||Upper Age Limit||Number of Attempts|
|General Categories||32 years||6 Attempts|
|SC and ST candidates||37 Years||No Bar|
|OBC candidates||35 years||9 Attempts|
|Physical Handicapped (Deaf, Blind, Orthopedic etc.)||42 years||UR/OBC – 9 Attempts|
ST/SC – No Bar
|Jammu and Kashmir Domiciled||UR- 37 years|
OBC – 40 years
ST/SC – 40 years
PH – 50 Years
|Disabled Servicemen, disabled from Duty||UR- 37 years|
OBC – 40 years
ST/SC – 40 years