The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct the UPSC CMS 2024 exam in order to recruit the candidates for the post of medical officers in various departments of central government. The application form for UPSC CMS 2024 exam will be released on 10th April 2024 and the mode of application will be online. In the first round of the selection process, a computer-based exam will be organized those who clear the computer-based test will be called for a personality test.
The aspiring candidates need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. In this article, we discuss complete details regarding the UPSC CMS 2024 exam including exam pattern, eligibility criteria, application form etc.
UPSC CMS 2024 application form will be releasing on 10th April 2024.
UPSC CMS 2024 Exam Date
The official schedule for UPSC CMS 2024 exam is elaborated in the table given below. The exact dates have been updated on this post according to its official notification.
|Availability of official notification
|10th April 2024
|Starting of application form submission
|10th April 2024
|Last date of application form submission
|30th April 2023
|Release of Admit Card
|To be updated
|Date of Exam
|14th July 2024
|Declaration of Result
|To be updated
UPSC CMS Eligibility Criteria 2024
The candidate must fulfill the eligibility criteria given below in order to appear for the UPSC CMS 2024 exam.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India, a subject of Bhutan or a subject of Nepal.
- The Tibetan refugees coming to India before 1st January 1962 with an intention to permanently settle here can also apply.
- An Indian origin person migrated to India from any of following countries with an intention to permanently setting here can also apply: Zambia, Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Vietnam, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zaire, Zambia, Ethiopia or the United Republic of Tanzania
- The age of an applicant should be less than 32 years as on 1st August 2024 (Relaxations will be given to the candidates from reserved categories)
- The candidate should have passed both written and practical part of final MBBS exam.
- The students appearing for the final year exam of MBBS programme can also apply.
UPSC CMS 2024 Application Form
The interested candidates can fill and submit the application form for UPSC CMS 2024 exam only in online mode. The application form will be available on the official website of UPSC. The candidates have to enter all the mandatory academic, personal and contact details in the application form. In addition to the details, the candidates have to upload the passport size photograph and signature in the application form.
Please note that the candidates should choose the exam center very carefully as the exam center once allotted cannot be changed. After submitting the application form, the candidates have to pay the prescribed application fee.
The UPSC CMS 2024 application fee for different categories will be as follows:
- Male candidates from general or OBC categories: 200/-
- Female/ ST/ SC/ PH candidates: Nil (Exempted)
Mode of Payment
- The candidates can pay the application fee in online mode by using a Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or internet banking.
- The applicants can also opt for Pay by cash option. In this mode, the candidates have to pay the application fee by cash at any branch of SBI.
UPSC CMS 2024 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for UPSC CMS 2024 will be as follows:
Part – 1 (Computer Based Test)
Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Test)
Maximum marks: 500
Number of papers: 2 (carrying 250 marks each)
Duration of Exam: 4 Hours (2 hours for each paper)
Number of Questions: 240
Type of Questions: Objective Type MCQs
Negative marking: 1/3rd of the marks assigned to the question will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
Subject-wise distribution of Questions in Part – 1
|Number of Questions
|Gynacology & Obstetrics
|Preventive & Social Medicine
Part 2 (Personality Test)
- The candidates who will clear the part 1 (Computer-based Test) will be called for the personality test.
- The interview/ personality test will carry 100 Marks.
- The interviewer will test the following abilities of the candidate
- Critical powers of assimilation
- Intellectual curiosity
- Academic Knowledge
- Balance of Judgement
- General Knowledge
- Ability for social cohesion
- Initiative and capability for leadership
- Integrity of character
- Alertness of mind
- Intellectual curiosity
UPSC CMS Syllabus 2024
The syllabus for UPSC CMS 2024 exam will be as follows:
Syllabus of Paper 1
General Medicine: Respiratory diseases, Cardiology, Genito-Urinary, Gastro-intestinal, Metabolic disorders, Endocrinology, Hematology, Neurology, Vitamin deficiency diseases, Vaccines preventable diseases and Non vaccines preventable diseases, Patho physiological basis of diseases, Emphasis on medical procedures, Critical Care Medicine etc.
Paediatrics: National programmes related to child health, Recognizing children with special needs and management, Common childhood emergencies, Normal developmental milestones, Basic new born care, Birth defects and counseling including autism, Accidents and poisonings in children, Immunization in children etc.
Syllabus of Paper 2
General Surgery: Wounds, Head and neck, Cysts/sinuses, Blood vessels, Peritoneum, Breast, Infections, Abdominal wall, Spleen, Liver, Bile, Pancreas, Alimentary tract, Cysts/sinuses, Thoracic surgery, Ophthalmology, Medicolegal and ethical issues of surgery etc.
Gynaecology & Obstetrics: Post-natal conditions, Intra-natal conditions, Ante-natal conditions, Intra Uterine growth retardation, Abortions, Conventional contraceptives, Medical Termination of Pregnancy, U.D. and oral pills etc.
Preventive Social and Community Medicine: Management of common health problems, Knowledge of maternal and child wellness, Ability to monitor national health programmes, Concept of Health, Disease and Preventive Medicine, Environmental Health, Genetics and Health etc.
How to prepare for UPSC CMS 2024?
It is expected that a large number of candidates will apply for UPSC CMS 2024 exam and competition level is going to be very high. Here are some tips that can help the candidates in order to prepare for the exam.
- First of all, you should go through the exam pattern and syllabus for the UPSC CMS. This will help you plan your studies in a better way.
- Collect the study material as per the syllabus. You should always choose high-quality books from renowned writers.
- Plan your studies in a smart way. You should create a practical timetable and study accordingly.
- Go through some previous year questions and mock test so that you can analyze your mistakes.
- Don’t forget to take small breaks during your studies.
UPSC CMS 2024 Admit Card
The applicants can download their admit card from the official website of UPSC. The UPSC will release the admit card 3 weeks prior to the date of exam. All the information regarding the date, time and venue of the exam will be mentioned on the admit card. In case any candidate is not able to download the admit card then he/she should contact the UPSC authorities. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
UPSC CMS Result 2024
The result of UPSC CMS 2024 exam will be made available in online mode through the official website. A direct link to check the result will also be updated on this page. The result will be declared in the form of a PDF file containing the name and roll number of qualified candidates. After the announcement of result, the candidates have to fill and submit the Detailed Application Form (DAF) to participate in the further rounds of selection process.
10th April 2024
Rs.200 for General or OBC