NDA 2023 will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruiting candidates for the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy. Candidates can apply for the exam through the official website of the UPSC. The examination is organized twice a year and the candidates are selected on the basis of the performance in the written test and SSB tests. Candidates should make sure that they fit the eligibility requirements laid down by the authority for appearing in the exam. Only medically fit candidates will be finally selected as per the marks they’ve secured in written test and SSB interview. For more details on the NDA 2023 examination, continue reading the article.
Latest: NDA 2023 application form will be releasing on 21st December 2022.
NDA 2023 Overview
|Examination Name||NDA 2023|
|Full Form||National Defence Academy Examination 2023|
|Exam conducting authority||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline mode|
NDA 2023 Exam Date
The official dates for the UPSC NDA 2023 exam are provided in the table. The official schedule will be updated here once the authority announces the same on its official website.
|NDA 1 2023 application form date||21st December 2022||17th May 2023|
|NDA form last date 2023||10th January 2023||6th May 2023|
|Admit card releasing||1st week of April 202||4th week of August 2023|
|NDA exam date 2023||16th April 2023||3rd September 2023|
|Result announcement||July 2023||December 2023|
|Interview date||August 2023- September 2023||January 2024 to April 2024|
|Final result declaration||October 2023||May 2024|
Candidates must satisfy the necessary eligibility conditions to take the exam. These conditions are- Nationality A candidate must be unmarried and must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
NDA 2023 Age Limit and Marital Status
- For NDA 1 2023 age limit, candidates should have been born between 2nd July 2004 and 1st July 2007.
- For NDA 2 2023 age limit, the age of candidates should fall between 2nd January 2005 and 1st January 2008.
- Only unmarried male candidates can apply.
Educational qualification For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy: Candidates must have completed the class 12th with Physics, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized board. For Army wing: Candidates should have passed class 12th or its equivalent from a recognized board/university. Note:
- Those appearing in the class 12th can also apply.
- Candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier cannot apply to Air Force.
NDA 2023 Application Form
Candidates can apply for NDA 2023 via the official website of UPSC. The application form can be obtained from the web portal of UPSC. No other mode will be applicable to fill the application form. Candidates should keep their scanned photograph and signature handy. They must register themselves for the exam by providing their basic details such as email id, phone number, name, etc. After registration, applicants can proceed to fill rest of the application form. The application form must be filed very carefully as once the form is submitted successfully, no changes will be made in the particulars. Aspirants also need to pay the application fee for the exam without which their applications will be rejected by the authority. They should take the printout of the application form for future use. Application Fee General and OBC category candidates need to pay Rs. 100/- as the application fee for the exam. SC/ST candidates and sons of NCOs/ JCOs/ ORs who are studying in Military School (formerly known as King George’s School)/ Sainik School run by Sainik Schools Society are exempted from paying the fee. Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid either through cash deposit in SBI bank or via credit card/net banking and debit card.
NDA 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for NDA 2023 examination is as follows-
- Mode of Examination: Offline (pen and paper-based exam)
- Total number of Papers: Two i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II
- Exam Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes for each paper code
- Exam Language: Hindi and English
- Type of Questions: Objective type (MCQs)
- Negative Marking: 33 (one-third) marks will be deducted for marking the wrong answer
|General Ability Test||600||2½ Hours|
NDA 2023 Syllabus
Candidates need to prepare for the exam as per the curriculum prescribed for class 10th and 12th. Here are some of the important topics they must study from NDA syllabus– Mathematics: Sets, Venn diagram, Quadratic equations, Complex numbers, Matrices and Determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical geometry of 2D and 3D objects, Differential calculus, Integral calculus and differential equations, Vector algebra, Statistics and Probability etc. General Ability (English and G.K): Vocabulary, antonym/synonym, one-word substitution, sentence rearrangement, reading comprehension, Indian history, geography, science, polity, sports, awards, environment, current affairs etc.
Preparation Tips for NDA 2023
Candidates should follow the instructions/preparation tips given below in order to score good marks in the exam-
- Make a timetable and follow it regularly.
- Strictly prepare according to the syllabus stated by the authority.
- Stop daydreaming about clearing the exam and focus on the preparation part.
- Avoid social gathering like attending a wedding, visiting relatives.
- Keep yourself motivated by reading about previous year toppers and the hardships they’ve faced while preparing for the exam.
- Stay fit through exercise and recreational activities like playing football, badminton, cricket etc.
- Never start a fresh topic in the last week of the beginning of the exam. Rather revise the topics over and over again.
- Practice mathematics daily and solve mock tests/series to keep tabs on your performance.
Here are some of the notable reference books to excel in NDA examination-
- English: Book by S.P Bakshi, Norman Lewis and wren and martin.
- Mathematics: NCERTs, R.D Sharma and R.S Aggarwal.
- General knowledge: Lucent’s G.K and book by Arihant publication.
The admit card for the NDA examination will be available on the official website of UPSC. Candidates need to download their hall ticket and take a printout of it for future reference. The entry to the exam center will only be provided to those candidates who possess the admit card along with a valid ID proof. The admit card should not be damaged or mutilated under any circumstances.
Result and Selection
The result of the NDA 2023 will be declared by the authority on its official website. Candidates can check their result by login into the website. The selection will be done as per the marks obtained by the candidates in the exam and their performance in the interview. Following the interview, candidates will go through a thorough medical checkup where only the fit candidates will be selected for the service. They will be provided a provisional selection letter after they’ve cleared all the stages of the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answer: NDA exam will be conducted in offline mode.
Answer: NDA form 2023 is releasing on 21st December 2022.
Answer: NDA form last date 2023 is 10th January 2023.
5 thoughts on “NDA 2023: Application Form (From 21 Dec), Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria”
I am doing 11 th sci. Can i fill the form NDA-1 My DOB is 26.10.2004. Can i eligible for NDA-1 2023.
I want to join the NDA school
Sir can I get your WhatsApp number to know when the form for 2023 is out am curious
Sir my DOB is 26/04/2004 can I apply for nda 2023