XLRI will conduct the XAT 2022 examination on behalf of the XAMI. It is a national-level entrance exam conducted to select candidates for admission to MBA course. There are more than 160 B-schools across that accept XAT scores for admission. It is an online examination in which candidates have to answer 100 objective type questions within 3 hours. Interested candidates looking to appear for this exam need to submit the online application form before the last date. It is expected that the application form will release in the month of September 2021. Complete details related to the XAT 2022 examination are provided in this post.
XAT 2022 application form is now available from 10th August 2021.
XAT 2022 is all set to be held on 3rd January 2022.
XAT 2022 Important Dates
Candidates can have a look at the schedule of XAT 2022 given below:
|Releasing of the official notification||10th August 2021|
|Starting of the application form submission||10th August 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form without any late fees||30th November 2021|
|Last date for application form submission with late fees||30th November 2021|
|Releasing of Admit Card for download||20th December 2021|
|Last date to download Admit Card||—|
|Date of examination||2nd January 2022|
|Declaration of result||Last week of January 2022|
XAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before submitting the application form it is crucial for candidates to make sure that they are eligible. The eligibility criteria for the XAT 2022 examination are explained below.
- There is no upper or lower age limit in order to apply for this examination.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent of at least 3 years duration in any discipline from a recognized institute/ university.
Note: Those candidates who will appear for the final year exam of graduation or equivalent in the year 2022 are also eligible.
XAT 2022 Application Form
Those candidates who are looking to apply need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. To begin the process of application, aspirants have to visit the official website i.e. xatonline.in. The complete process of application is explained below.
- To start the process of application, candidates have to register on the official XAT website.
- After registration, aspirants will get an ID and password as login credentials after verification of their email ID.
- Next, candidates have to log in and fill the application form.
- In the application form, aspirants have to provide their complete personal, parents, Address, and educational qualification details.
- Along with the details, candidates are required to upload the scanned images of their following documents.
- Recent passport size photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- 10th class certificate
- 12th class certificate
- Certificate of Graduation
- All details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the candidature of an applicant can get rejected.
- Along with the application form, candidates are also required to pay the necessary application fee.
- It is advised to take a printout of the application form submitted for future references.
The application fees for XAT 2022 are given below.
- XAT registration Fee (without late fee) – Rs. 1750/-
- XAT registration fee (with late fee) – Rs. 2050/-
- Additional XLRI admission Application Form Fee (Without late fee) – Rs. 300/- for each XLRI PGDM programme.
- Additional XLRI Admission Application Form Fee (With late fee) – Rs.500/- For each XLRI PGDM Programme)
- Indian candidates applying for XLRI – GMP through GMAT – Rs. 2500/-
- NRI/ Foreign candidates applying for one or more programmes of XLRI through GMAT – Rs. 5000/-
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid using a Debit Card (Ru Pay / Visa / Master Card / Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
XAT 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card of the XAT 2022 examination will release in online mode through the official website.
- To download the admit card, candidates are required to provide their application number and other registration details.
- An admit card contains important information such as XAT ID, Reporting Time, Gate Closure, Exam Duration, etc.
- Aspirants must bring the admit card along with any one of the following valid photo Id proof – Aadhaar card/ Voter ID card/ PAN card/ Valid college ID/ Passport/ Driving License/ Employee ID card.
- Keep the admit card safe even after the exam as it will be required at the time of admission.
XAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The pattern of XAT 2022 exam is explained below.
- Mode of examination: Online computer-based examination
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 100
- Duration of examination: 3 hours
- Marking Pattern: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer.
|Sections||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC) and Logical Reasoning||26||26|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||28||28|
|Total||100 questions||100 marks|
XAT Syllabus 2022
Aspiring candidates can have a look at the subject wise syllabus of XAT 2022 examination as given below.
- General Knowledge: Economics, finance, National and International current affairs, Conventional GK, Constitution of India, Company profiles, logos, Business & Economy, Who’s who, Books & Authors, Capitals & Currencies, etc.
- Quantitative Ability: LCM and HCF, Percentages, Profit and Loss, Interest (Simple and Compound), Speed, Time and Distance; Time and Work; Averages; Ratio and Proportion and others, Number System, Algebra, Geometry including Co-ordinate Geometry, Mensuration, Pure Math, Venn diagrams, Linear Equations, Quadratic Equations, Complex Numbers, Logarithm, Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Surds and Indices, Inequalities, Permutation and Combination, Probability Functions, Set Theory, Mixtures and Allegations, Trigonometry, etc.
- Decision Making: Conditions and Grouping Test, Data Arrangement Test, Complex Arrangement, Decision Making in a situation, Case lets, etc.
- Data Interpretation: Data tables, Data charts, Bar diagrams, Pie charts, Graphs, Data analysis and comparison.
- Logical Reasoning: Analogy, Clocks, calendars, Fact, Inference, Judgement, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, etc.
XAT 2022 Answer Key
- A few days after the exam, XLRI will release answer keys on the official website.
- The answer keys will release in the form of a PDF file.
- With the help of answer keys, candidates can match their answers and know how many marks they are going to score.
- In case a candidate is not satisfied with XAT answer keys then he/ she can raise an objection by making payment for challenging each answer key.
- The exam authority will prepare the result on the basis of the final answer key to be prepared after considering all challenges submitted.
- XLRI will declare the result online through the official website.
- To check the result, aspirants will be asked to provide their registration ID and password.
- The result will contain information related to the percentage and percentile secured by the candidate.
- Please note that the result card will remain valid for 1 year only.
XAT 2022 Selection Process and counselling
- Those candidates who will clear the entrance exam will be invited to further rounds of selection like Personal interview and/or Group discussion.
- Then, most of the institutes will release a final merit list for admission based on the candidate’s performance in all rounds of selection.
- Those aspirants who will be invited for counselling need to carry their original documents at the time of counselling.
- The admission will be provided only after the verification of documents and payment of admission fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which cities the XAT examination 2022 will be conducted?
Answer: It is expected that the XAT examination will be conducted in the following cities – Agra, Ahmedabad, Aurangabad City (Maharashtra), Allahabad, Ambala, Amravati, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhatinda, Bhilai Nagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bokaro Steel City, Chandigarh/Mohali, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi-NCR, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Durgapur/Asansol, Ernakulam, Gandhinagar, Goa, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hooghly, Hubballi(Hubli), Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kannur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kota, Kottayam, Kurnool, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysuru(Mysore), Nagpur, Nashik, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Roorkee, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Siliguri, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram Tiruchirappalli, Tirupathi, Tiruvallur, Udaipur, Udupi Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal.
Question – 2: What documents are required at the time of the counselling?
Answer: Candidates must have the following documents at the time of verification.
- Counselling letter along with a photocopy of counselling letter
- XAT 2022 Admit card original and Xerox
- Draft of counselling fees
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- 10th Class certificate
- 12th Class certificate
- XAT 2022 Rank Card
- Score Card (if applicable)
- Category Certificate (If applicable)
- Medical documents (If applicable)
- 4-6 passport size photograph
Question – 3: How many times a candidate can attempt the XAT exam?
Answer: There is no such restriction on the number of times a candidate can appear for the exam.
Question – 4: I am a student of 2nd year of graduation. Can I apply for the XAT 2022?
Answer: No, students of graduation 2nd year are no eligible.
Question – 5: Can you please provide me contact details of XAT/ XLRI Admission office>
Answer: The contact details of XAT/ XLRI are as follows.
XAT / Admission Office:
XLRI Xavier School of Management
Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur 831001
Phone number: 0657 665 3203/04, Fax: 0657-2227814
Visit: www.xatonline.in / www.xlri.ac.in