Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU) annually conducts the entrance exam for admission in B.Ed program offered by it. Candidates can apply for the exam by filling the application form to be released in the month of February 2019. The exam will most probably be held in the month of May 2019.
Before proceeding towards the application form, candidates must make sure that they fit the eligibility requirements laid down by the authority. VMOU B.Ed admission 2019 will be granted as per the performance of the candidates in the entrance exam. For more details on the exam such as eligibility criteria, important dates, application form, application fee, candidates can go through the complete article.
VMOU B.Ed 2019 Important Dates
The tentative dates for VMOU B.Ed admission 2019 are as follows-
|Application form availability||February 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||March 2019|
|Admit card releasing||April 2019/May 2019|
|Exam date||May 2019|
|Result announcement||Yet to be announced|
|Commencement of counselling||Yet to be announced|
VMOU B.Ed application form 2019
To apply for admission in B.Ed program offered by VMOU, candidates first need to register themselves for the VMOU B.Ed entrance exam 2019. The application form will only be available via online mode. No other mode except for the online one shall be considered by the authority. For registration, candidates need an active email id and mobile number. On successful registration, candidates can proceed towards the application form by entering the login details on the website.
The application form should be filled with extreme care. The details in the form will include personal details such as age, mother’s name, religion, caste, address and educational details. Candidates also need to upload the latest passport size photograph and signature in the application form. They must pay the required amount of the application fee for the entrance exam. The applications received without the application fee will be rejected by the authority.
Candidates must pay an application fee of Rs. 1000/- via SBI E-Pay/credit card/debit card/net banking or E-Mitra. The fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances and the candidates cannot claim reimbursement once they have made the required payment.
VMOU B.ed Eligibility criteria 2019
The eligibility criteria for VMOU B.Ed entrance exam is as follows-
Nationality: Indian nationals can apply for the entrance exam.
- Candidates should have completed D.El.Ed/ B.S.T.C/ JBT from a recognized University/Institute and working as a school teacher can apply for the exam.
- Students who have completed their graduation in any of the science, commerce and humanities fields with minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST category candidates) can also apply for the VMOU B.Ed entrance exam.
- Those who have done B.Tech with mathematics as one of the subjects can also apply.
The exam pattern for VMOU B.Ed entrance exam is given below-
- Exam Mode: Offline (OMR based)
- Type of Questions: Objective type (MCQ based)
- Medium of the exam: Hindi and English both
- Duration of the exam: 3 Hours
- Total number of Questions: 150 questions
- Maximum marks: 450 marks
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be awarded for marking the right answer
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for marking the wrong answer
|Mental ability||30||3 Hours|
|Language proficiency (Hindi)||30|
|Language proficiency (English)||30|
VMOU B.Ed 2019 Admit card
- The admit card for VMOU B.Ed entrance exam will be available on the official website of the University.
- Candidates can download the same by login into their account. They should keep a printout copy of the hall ticket and preserve it for future use.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the admit card to the exam venue or else they won’t be allowed to take the test.
- The admit card should not be damaged or mutilated under any circumstances.
- The admit card will bear the details of the candidates such as name, roll number, gender, category, exam venue, date and time of the exam, etc.
- Candidates should carefully check the details printed on the admit card and report the discrepancies to the author on time, if any is found.
Result and Counselling
The result of the VMOU B.Ed admission 2019 can be checked by visiting the official web portal of the University i.e. www.vmou.ac.in. No rank card will be sent to the candidates via post/email. Candidates will be selected based on the marks secured by them in the VMOU B.Ed entrance exam 2019. A merit list will be drawn by the authority to select the candidates according to their performance in the exam. Such candidates will be then invited to attend the counselling procedure. During the counselling, all the relevant documents of the candidates (in original form) will be thoroughly verified to weed out the ineligible candidates. After the counselling is concluded, the authority will allot a seat to the deserving candidate based on his/her rank in the entrance exam.