Candidates who wish to enroll in the B.Ed course offered by the Visva Bharti University can apply for the same through online mode. The application form will be tentatively released in the month of May 2021. Before applying, it is suggested that the candidates ensure their eligibility criteria first. Candidates will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of their performance in their graduation level exams. This article presents complete details regarding the Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021 like application process, important dates, eligibility criteria, etc.
Table of Contents
Visva Bharti B.Ed Important Dates 2021
The tentative dates related to the Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021 are provided in the table below:
|Online application form release date||May 2021, 2nd week|
|Last date for submission of application form||June 2021, 2nd week|
|Display of merit list||June 2021, 3rd week|
|Starting of admission process||June 2021, 4th week|
|Commencement of classes||July 2021, 1st week|
Eligibility Criteria for Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021
The candidates need to fulfill the criteria mentioned below in order to be eligible for Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021:
- For the pre-service (fresher) candidates, the maximum age should not be more than 35 years.
- For the in-service (deputed) candidates, the maximum age should not be more than 45 years.
- The candidates should have completed BA/ B.Sc/ B.Music (Rabindra-Sangeet/ Classical) degree of minimum duration 3 years with any Honors/ Major subject from a recognized University.
- A minimum of 45% marks for General/ EWS category candidates, 40% marks for OBC category candidates and pass marks for SC/ ST category candidates in Honors/ Major Subject is also required.
List of Major Subjects
The candidates should have studied any of the following subjects as their Honors/ Major subject:
|History (Ancient/ Modern)||Music (Rabindra-Sangeet/ Classical)||Physical Science (Physics/ Chemistry)||Life Science (Botany/ Zoology)|
- At least 3 years continuous experience as a full-time approved regular teacher in any secondary school recognized by the Central or respective State Government is mandatory for in-service candidates.
- The in-service candidates are required to submit a copy of No Objection Certificate from the competent authority or a copy of Managing Committee Resolution regarding the deputation and approval letter from DI or equivalent competent authority.
Visva Bharti B.Ed 2021 Application Form
The application form for Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021 will be released in online mode tentatively in the month of May 2021. Candidates can obtain the form from the application system at the website vbu.ucanapply.com/entrance.
- Candidates will be asked to provide their basic personal details, academic details, contact details, etc into the application form.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates should also be uploaded into the application form in scanned format.
- After providing all the details correctly into the application form, the candidates can submit it online.
- Along with the application form, the candidates will also have to pay a required amount of application fee.
- Upon successful submission of the application form, the candidates should take its printout and keep it safe for future reference.
- There is no need to send the copy of the application form or any other documents to the university.
The category wise application fee for Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021 is provided below:
|Category||For one subject||For each additional subject*|
|General, EWS and OBC candidates||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 400/-|
|SC/ ST and PWD candidates||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 150/-|
*Additional subject along with the B.Ed degree programme
Mode of payment:
- Payment of the application fee can be done through both online and offline mode.
- Online payment can be done via debit card/ credit card/ net banking and offline payment can be done using HDFC bank challan.
Merit List Preparation
- Candidates who apply successfully for the admission process will be considered while preparing the merit list.
- The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in their graduation exam.
- Proper tie-breaking measures will be implied while making the list in case where two or more candidates obtain the same merit.
- Candidates can check their names in the merit list by visiting the official website of the university.
- Further process of selection will be carried out as per the names of the candidates in the merit list.
Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission Process 2021
- After the publication of merit list, the process of admission to the B.Ed programme will begin.
- Candidates will be invited to participate in the admission process as per the schedule & venue decided by the authorities & intimated via official website of the university.
- The applicants reporting for admission should carry with them all their documents in original and in photocopy.
- Documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified after which they will be granted final admission.
- Those who are granted final admission should complete the rest formalities like payment of fees, submission of documents, etc.
Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021 FAQs
- What is the duration of the B.Ed course offered at the Visva Bharti University?
The duration of the Visva Bharti B.Ed is one year.
- Do I need to clear any kind of entrance exam for Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission?
No. Selection of the candidates into the B.Ed degree programme of Visva Bharti University will be done on the basis of candidates’ merit in the qualifying exam.
- No separate course as Honors subject is taught in my University. Can I still apply?
Yes you can apply for admission. However, you need to secure not less than 45% marks in the overall course in order to be eligible.
- What if I am unable to appear for the admission in the given time period?
It is mandatory that you appear for the admission as per the schedule communicated to you. If you fail to do so, you will lose your seat and forfeit your candidature.
- I haven’t cleared my bachelor’s degree yet. Can I still apply?
The candidates in the final year of their bachelor’s degree programme in 2021 who will clear the exam with the required percentage of marks before the commencement of admission process can apply.