Vidyasagar University PG Admission 2023: Those, who are willing to accomplish their post-graduate degree, can apply for admission into the Vidyasagar University. The university offers various postgraduate courses which can be pursued by the aspiring candidates. The university has released the notification for admission into the PG courses for 2023-24 session.
Here, candidates have been given all the details about the PG courses offered by the Vidyasagar University and how candidates can make the submission of their application form. Candidates shall also be provided the details about the eligibility criteria to take the admission into the University for the PG courses.
Table of Contents
Vidyasagar University PG Admission 2023 Dates
The schedule for Vidyasagar University PG admission 2023 is given below:
|Application form submission will begin from||April 2023|
|Deadline for submission of the form online||June 2023|
|Date of announcement of Provisional Merit Lists (60% seats)||June 2023|
|Date of announcement of Provisional Eligibility Lists for the Entrance Exam (40% seats)||June 2023|
|Dates of putting objections and claims against Provisional Merit & Eligibility Lists||June 2023|
|Date of announcement of Provisional Eligibility Lists for Entrance Exam after submission of claims & objections||June 2023|
|Admit card to be released on||June 2023|
|Entrance exam date for PG & other programmes||June 2023|
|Date of Counselling & Admission||July 2023|
- Candidates must have completed their graduation in any stream from an institute or university recognized by the State Legislatures or Parliament of India.
- Candidates need to have passed the entrance examination as well which will be conducted by the University for the Admission for PG courses in the University or the University affiliated colleges.
- The marks attained by the candidates in the entrance test and the marks attained by the candidates in the Honors degree will be taken into account for the final merit.
Vidyasagar University PG Application form: How to apply?
- Candidates need to apply through the application form which will be available online on the official website of the University.
- Candidates will be asked to fill all the details in the application form like their personal details as name, contact information and details of the educational qualification etc. in the application form.
- Candidates shall have to make the submission of the online application fee of Rs. 150 which can be paid thru the online modes of payment such as credit or debit card or through the online banking.
- Candidates after filling all the details in the required fields of the application form, they need to take the printout of the application.
- The application form will be sent to the university along with the photocopies of the documents of the educational qualifications.
- Candidates seeking the benefits of the reservation will have to submit the self-attested SC/ST/OBC certificate which must be issued by the appropriate authority.
- Candidates’ selection will be based on the merit list made by the university.
- All the applicants of the general category must have 45% marks in Honors who wish to apply for Arts and Commerce courses.
- The candidates of the reserved category like SC and ST will be given the relaxation of 5% marks and will be given admission with 40% marks.
- Candidates of the general category, who aspires to apply for the Master of Science (M.Sc.), need to have 50% marks in the honors to be eligible to apply for the PG courses.
- Candidates of the reserved category will be offered the relaxation of 5% in the aggregate marks and will be given admission with 45% marks in honors.
- The 60% seats are reserved for the candidates of University and university-affiliated colleges.
- 40% seats in the university will be for the open competition.
- There will be an open entrance test for the candidates of the other institutes and universities.
- They will be selected on the basis of their score in the entrance test and the marks they have gained in their honors degree.