Vidyasagar University shortlists the candidates for admission to its B.Ed degree programme on the basis of merit. Merit of the candidates is identified on the basis of marks scored by them in the qualifying exam. Interested and eligible candidates will be able to fill their application form for the admission through online mode. Complete details related to the Vidyasagar University B.Ed admission 2023 such as eligibility criteria, application process, selection process, etc can be found here from this article.
Table of Contents
Vidyasagar University B.Ed 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||Vidyasagar University B.Ed Admission 2023|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Basis of admission||Merit List|
Vidyasagar University B.Ed Admission 2023 Schedule
Check out the important dates (tentative) related to Vidyasagar University B.Ed Admission 2023 below:
|Important Events||Expected Dates|
|Online application form release date||2nd week of May 2023|
|Last date for the receipt of application form||To be announced later|
|Publication of merit list||To be announced later|
|Counseling process will commence from||To be announced later|
|Beginning of classes||To be announced later|
Vidyasagar University B.Ed Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must meet the eligibility requirements prescribed below for Vidyasagar University B.Ed Admission 2023:
- The upper age limit of the candidates is 38 years for appearing in Vidyasagar University B.Ed admission process.
- The candidates should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Science/ Social Science/ Humanities/ Life Science or equivalent with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD category candidates).
- Those with a bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD category candidates) or equivalent are eligible too.
Applicants who are in final year of their bachelor’s or master’s degree program who will complete the program with the required percentage of marks before starting of the admission process can also apply.
Vidyasagar University B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The candidates will be able to submit their Vidyasagar University B.Ed application form 2023 through online mode. Application form can be obtained by visiting the official website of the university www.vidyasagar.ac.in tentatively in the month of May 2023.
- Personal and academic details related to the candidates like name, category, date of birth, qualifying exam passing year, marks obtained, etc will be asked in the form.
- Signature and photograph of the candidates in scanned format should also be uploaded into the application form.
- After providing all the details correctly into the application form, the candidates can submit it.
- To submit the application form, a copy of the same should be taken and sent to the university.
- Along with the form, the candidates will also be required to submit the prescribed application fee and the important documents.
- The application fee for Vidyasagar University B.Ed program is expected to be Rs. 280/-.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode using net banking/ debit card/ credit card.
While sending the application form to the university, the candidates must enclose the following documents (copies only) along with the form:
- Passing certificate of class 10th or equivalent
- Marks sheet of class 10th or equivalent
- Passing certificate of class 12th or equivalent
- Marks sheet of class 12th or equivalent
- Certificate for proof of birth (birth certificate or admit card of class 10th)
- Category certificates for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates
- Disability certificate for PWD candidates
- Receipt of payment of application fees
- Mark sheets of graduation or equivalent
- Mark sheets of post graduation or equivalent (if applicable)
- Copy of Vidyasagar University Registration Certificate for the candidates applying as applicants of the university
Address to send the application form
The printout of the application form along with the copies of the documents mentioned above should be sent at the following address so as to reach on or before the last prescribed date.
Central Selection Committee for B.Ed Admission
Post office – Vidyasagar University, Midnapore – 721102 (West Bengal)
Vidyasagar University B.Ed 2023 Merit List
- Based on the marks of the candidates in their qualifying exam, a merit list will be drawn by the authorities.
- The merit list will be made available on the official website of the university once it is drawn.
- In case two or more candidates score equal merit, appropriate tie-breaking rules will be applied.
- Candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be considered for the further admission process.
Vidyasagar University B.Ed 2023 Admission Process
- The process of admission of the candidates will be strictly carried out in the order of their merit.
- Those shortlisted for the admissions should report for the same at the center and at timings communicated to them through university website.
- Reporting candidates should carry with them all the important documents in original and photocopy.
- Documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified after which they will be allotted a seat.
- Selected candidates should then complete the rest formalities of admission like payment of fees, submission of documents, etc.
After submission, it is possible to withdraw application or get a refund on application fee?
Once submitted, neither the application can be withdrawn nor will the application fee be refunded.
Do I need to submit my original documents?
At the time of application submission, the candidates should only send the photocopies of the documents. Original documents might be asked to be submitted at the time f granting admission.
Is there really no entrance exam conducted for Vidyasagar University B.Ed Admission?
No. The selection of candidates for Vidyasagar University B.Ed admission will be done on the basis of their qualifying exam merit.
What if I am unable to report for the admission in the given time period?
Failure to report for the admissions as per the given schedule will lead to cancellation of candidature and loss of seat. No request regarding the same will be entertained.
What happens if an ineligible candidate secures admission through any means?
Candidates who in case succeed in taking admission in the university by false means will be debarred from the continuation of course once their ineligibility is discovered. Any fee submitted will not be refunded in this case.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here