VEE 2023 will be conducted by the Vels University to enroll the candidates into its different bachelor’s and master’s degree courses. The admissions will be granted to the qualified candidates into different courses in the field of engineering, technology, science, law, etc. The application process for the admissions will be done both online and offline. The complete details of the VEE 2023 such as eligibility, admit card, exam pattern, result, etc will be communicated to the candidates through this post.
Table of Contents
The tentative dates related to VEE 2023 are provided below. The actual dates will be updated after the official announcement is made by the relevant authorities.
|Availability of application process||January 2023, 1st week|
|Last date to submit the application||May 2023, 2nd week|
|Issue of admit card||May 2023, 2nd week|
|Date of Vels Entrance Exam (VEE)||May 2023, 2nd week|
|Declaration of result||To be notified|
|Beginning of counseling||To be notified|
VEE 2023 exam pattern is given as:
- Duration of exam: 1:30 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Total marks: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: +1 mark for each right answer
The VEE 2023 application form will be made available in both online and offline mode. The online form can be obtained from the official website and the offline form from the office of VISTAS, Chennai.
- The candidates can either fill and submit the application online or can download the online form and submit it offline. For the complete online application, the candidates will have to fill all the details in the form in online mode and then submit it along with the application fee of Rs. 1000/- paid using any credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
- If the form is submitted offline, the application fee payment can be done through a demand draft of Rs. 1000/- drawn in favor of ‘Registrar, VISTAS’ payable at Chennai.
- The candidates can either request the application form through post by sending a self-addressed and stamped envelope along with a demand draft of Rs. 550/- drawn in favor of ‘Registrar, VISTAS’ payable at Chennai. A demand draft of Rs. 500/- should be enclosed along with the filled-in application form and sent to the office.
- The candidates can also purchase the application form from the VISTAS office by remitting cash Rs.500/-. A demand draft of Rs. 500/- should be enclosed along with the filled-in application form and sent to the office.
The application form submitted must enclose the following documents:
- 3 passport size photographs
- Mark sheet of the qualifying examination or equivalent
- Provisional pass certificate/ degree certificate of the qualifying examination
- Transfer certificate and conduct certificate from the institute last studied
- Community certificate
- Applicants who have passed from other universities should get eligibility certificate
- Any other document required by this University/ Commissioner of Technical Education/ Govt. of Tamil Nadu
- Foreign students must also submit No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi, Eligibility Certificate from the respective University and Appropriate Student Visa
The address to which the hard copy of the application needs to be sent is given below:
Chennai 600 117
VEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the courses for which the entrance exam VEE will be conducted are given below:
- For BE/ B.Tech: The candidate should have passed their HSC (class 12th) examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board. For BE Bio-Medical and B.Tech Biotechnology, it will be preferred if the candidate has also studied Biology along with the PCM subjects.
- For BE/ B.Tech Lateral Entry: The candidates who have passed the Diploma in Engineering/ Technology awarded by the concerned State Board of Technical Education or its equivalent are eligible.
- For BA.LLB: Those who have passed their class 12th or an equivalent exam can apply for BA.LLB course.
- For ME: Those who have done their BE/ B.Tech in the relevant branch of engineering are eligible to apply for admissions.
- For M.Pharmacy: The applicants who have earned their B.Pharmacy degree from a recognized university and recognized by the PCI can apply.
- For Pharma.D: The candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology/ Botany and Zoology at their class 12th level are eligible.
- For M.Sc in Computer Science: A pass in B.Sc degree exam with Computer Science at the 10+2 level is required.
- For M.Sc in Information Technology: Any degree with Mathematics/ Statistics/ Mathematical Physics as main/ allied subject is mandatory.
- For MCA: Any degree with Mathematics/ Statistics/ Mathematical Physics as main/ allied subject is required.
- For MCA Lateral Entry: The candidates should hold a recognized bachelors degree of minimum duration of 3 years in BCA, B.Sc (IT/ Computer Science) with at least 50% (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) at the qualifying examination. Mathematics as a subject either at 10+2 level or at Graduate level is also required.
- In order to appear for the exam, the applicants need to carry admit card to the exam center.
- The admit card will be released online a few days before the day of commencement of exam.
- The candidates can download their admit card by visiting the official website of the university.
- The details of the exam center and schedule will be mentioned on the admit card.
- The result of VEE 2023 will be declared on the official website, a few weeks after the exam.
- The candidates who appeared successfully for the exam will be able to check their result using their roll number.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the entrance exam.
- The counseling of the candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be conducted by the university.
- The candidates will be allowed to provide the choice for the course specialization in which they want to get admissions during the counseling.
- As per the availability of seats and the performance of the candidates in the entrance exam, a seat will be allotted.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here