The National Testing Agency will conduct the Uttar Pradesh Common Entrance Test 2023 (UPCET 2023) formally UPSEE in order to screen the candidates for admissions to various technical courses in the state of Uttar Pradesh. There are 11 papers that will be conducted under the UPCET 2023 exam for the admissions to different courses. It is being expected that this exam will be conducted in May 2023 and application form is available from January 2023.
Some of the papers under UPCET 2023 will be conducted in online (Computer Based Examination) mode while for some courses the paper will be conducted in offline (Pen and Paper based )mode. The aspiring candidates can check all the important details regarding the UPCET 2023 exam such as Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Preparation Strategy etc. from this article.
Table of Contents
UPCET 2023 Important Dates
The exact dates for UPCET 2023 exam have been released now:
|Starting of Application Form Submission||January 2023|
|Last date to submit an Application Form||March 2023|
|Availability of Correction window||March 2023|
|Release of Admit Card||April 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||May 2023|
|Announcement of Result||May 2023|
|Date of Counselling||June 2023|
Note: We will update the exact schedule for the exam on this page after the release of official notification.
UPCET Eligibility Criteria 2023
The eligibility criteria of UPCET 2023 will be different for all the courses as given below:
For UPTU B.Tech Admission 2023
- Qualifying Exam: The candidates must have passed class 12th with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates)
- Subjects: The candidates must have studied Physics and Mathematics as a compulsory subject and any of the Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject.
For B.Tech (Bio-tech)
- Qualifying Exam: The applicant must have passed 10+2 with at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates)
- Subjects: For B.Tech (Bio-tech) the candidates must have studied physics and Mathematics/Biology as a compulsory subject and any one of the Chemistry/ Bio-Technology / Technical Vocational subject
- Qualifying Exam: The aspirant must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for candidates from SC/ST categories)
- Subject: Must have studied Maths and physics as compulsory subjects and any one of the Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biology/Engineering Drawing / Technical Vocational subject
- Qualifying Exam: The applicant should have passed class 12th with at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates)
- Subject: For B.Pharm the candidates must have studied Physics and Chemistry as the compulsory subject and any one of Maths, Bio-tech, Biology and Technical Vocational subject.
For BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA Courses
- Qualifying Exam: The candidates must have passed 10+2 exam without grace and should have obtained at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates)
- Subject: Candidates from any stream can apply for these courses
For UPTU MBA Admission 2023
- Qualifying Exam: The applicant must have a recognized bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum Marks: The candidate must have secured 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in the qualifying exam.
- Qualifying Exam: The candidates must possess a Bachelors degree of minimum three year duration with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST)
- Subject: The aspirant should have studied Mathematics and 10+2 or graduation level then only he/she will be considered for UPTU MCA admission 2023
Note: The candidates who will appear in the qualifying exam in the year 2023 can also apply.
- The UPCET 2023 entrance exam will be open to the candidates who have passed the qualifying exam from the state of UP and for those candidates whose parents are the domicile of UP.
- The candidates who have passed qualifying exam from outside of UP and whose parents are not the domicile of UP can apply for 10% outside UP quota seats only
UPCET Application Form 2023
The application form for UPCET 2023 exam will be made available only via online mode through the official website of NTA. The candidates have to enter all the required details such as Name of the Candidate, Father’s Name, Gender, Parent’s Domicile, Aadhar Number, Address, Qualifying Examination Details etc. in the application form.
In addition to the details, the aspirants have to upload the scanned copies of recent passport size photograph and signature on the application form.
An application form will be considered complete on after the payment of prescribed application fee. The candidates should take a print out of duly filled application form and fee receipt for future reference.
Note: There will be no requirement to send the hard copy of application form or any other document to the university.
The UPCET application fees 2023 for different categories are as follows:
|Male and Transgender candidates of General /OBC categories||Rs. 1300/-|
|Female, Physically handicapped, ST and SC candidates||Rs. 650/-|
Mode of Payment
The application fee will be paid via online payment gateway using a credit card, debit card or Net Banking.
UPCET 2023 Exam Pattern
There are 11 papers that will be conducted in online/offline mode for admission to different courses as given in the table below:
|Paper||Courses||Mode of exam|
|Paper – 1||B. Tech. / B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)/
|OMR based Test
|Paper – 2||B.Tech (Bio-technology)/B.Pharm|
|Paper – 3||B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering) only|
|Paper – 4||B.Arch|
|Paper – 5||BHMCT / BFAD/BFA/ MBA(Integrated)||Computer Based Test only|
|Paper – 6||B.Tech. 2nd Year Lateral Entry (for Engg. Diploma Holders)|
|Paper – 7||B.Pharm. 2nd Year Lateral Entry (for Pharmacy Diploma Holders)|
|Paper – 8||B.Tech. 2nd Year Lateral Entry (for B.Sc graduates)|
|Paper – 9||MBA|
|Paper – 10||MCA|
|Paper – 11||2nd year MCA|
Paper wise exam pattern for UPCET 2023 exam
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Paper – 1||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||150 (50 Questions from each subject)||600|
|Paper – 2||Physics, Chemistry and Biology||600|
|Paper – 3||AG – I, AG – II and AG – III||600|
|Paper – 4||Part A- Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity
Part B – Drawing Aptitude
|100 Questions (50 each from Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity) + 2 questions to test drawing aptitude||500|
|Paper – 5||Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA/ MBA (Integrated))||75||300|
|Paper – 6||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering||75||300|
|Paper – 7||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy||75||300|
|Paper – 8||Aptitude Test for B.Sc graduates||75||300|
|Paper – 9||Aptitude Test for MBA||100||400|
|Paper – 10||Aptitude Test for MCA||100||400|
|Paper – 11||Aptitude Test for 2nd year MCA||100||400|
Other Key Details regarding UPCET Exam Pattern 2023
- Type of Questions: Only multiple choice objective type of question will be asked (Expect for Part B of paper 4).
- Language of Exam: Questions will be asked in both Hindi and English language
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 4 marks and there will be no negative marking
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours (Paper 1, 2 and 3), 1 Hour 30 Minutes (Paper 5, 6, 7 and 8) , 2 Hours (Paper 9, 10 and 11) and 2 Hours 30 Minutes (For Paper 4)
UPCET Syllabus 2023
As there are many papers that will be conducted under the UPCET 2023 exam, the syllabus will also depend upon the paper in which the candidate is going to appear. Here, we are listing down the syllabus of Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects which will be important for B.Tech and B.Pharma admission.
For Mathematics: Algebra, Probability, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Calculus, Vectors, Dynamics, and Statics etc.
For Physics: Measurement, Motion in one dimension, Laws of Motion, Motion in two dimensions, Rotation of a rigid body about a fixed axis, Linear Momentum & collisions, Gravitation, Oscillatory motion, Mechanics of solids and fluids, Heat and thermodynamics, Wave, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current, Magnetism in Matter, wave optics etc.
For Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, Redox Reactions, Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics, Acid-Base Concepts, Colloids, Colligative Properties of Solution, Periodic Table, Thermochemistry, General Organic Chemistry, Isomerism, Polymers, Carbohydrates etc.
For Biology: Origin of Life, Organic Evolution, Mechanism of Organic Evolution, Human Genetics and Eugenics, Applied Biology, Mammalian Anatomy, Animal Physiology, Plant Cell, Protoplasm, Ecology, Ecosystem, Genetics, important phylums etc.
UPCET Preparation Strategy 2023
As there are a large number of colleges under AKTU and Qualifying marks for UPCET 2023 is only 25% (20% for SC/ST), it is considered fairly easy to clear this exam. However, if you want to get selected in the top colleges of AKTU then you need to have a good rank in UPCET exam which requires ample preparation.
Here are some UPCET 2023 preparation tips that you should follow in order to perform better in the exam.
Plan your study: There is enough time left in this exam for you to build a strong foundation to clear it. You need to plan according to the exam pattern & syllabus and do regular studies.
Focus of Concepts: As the syllabus of UPCET 2023 is really wide it is not possible to memorize each and everything. You should focus on brushing up your basic concepts first so that you can understand the topic rather remembering them
Exam Simulation: You can simulate the exam environment using the sample papers and mock tests. Always keep time management in mind while solving mock tests and sample papers.
Strengthen your weaknesses: You should spend more time and energy on the topics or subject in which you are weak. On the other hand, you should also take care of not to spend too much time on a single topic as the syllabus is really vast.
Stay Healthy: Last but certainly not the least you should keep yourself fit and healthy during the course of preparation.
Recommended books for UPCET 2023
The NCERT books are most important for the UPCET preparation. You should move on to other help books only after completing the NCERT. Some of the books recommended by the experts for UPTU engineering Exam 2023 are as follows:
For Physics: HC Verma Vol. 1 & 2, Fundamental of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
For Chemistry: Numerical Chemistry by R.C. Mukherjee, Organic and Inorganic Chemistry by OP Tandon.
For Mathematics: Class 11th and class 12th Mathematics books by R.D. Sharma
UPCET Admit card 2023
UPCET 2023 admit card will be uploaded on the official website. Every candidate will have to download the admit card as the university will not send it via post. After downloading the admit card the candidates should check the general details mentioned on the admit card such as category, sub-category, gender, Name, Father’s Name etc.
No candidate will be permitted to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
UPCET Result 2023
It is expected that the result of UPCET 2023 exam will be declared in the first week of June 2023. As per the performance of the candidates in UPCET exam a separate merit list for each course will be prepared. The merit position and scorecard (with marks in each subject) will be made available on the official website.
In case any candidate is not satisfied with the result then he/she may apply for scrutiny within seven days of the declaration of result. For scrutiny, the written application will be submitted to the following address:
Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh,
Pin Code :- 226031
UPCET Counselling 2023
The candidates who will be successful in UPCET 2023 exam will be called for a counselling process. The intimation of counseling will be given through the website and Newspapers. The candidates have to furnish all the relevant documents in original at the time of counselling.
The allotment of seats will be done strictly on the basis of rank obtained by the candidates in the UPCET exam and category. No changes in college or branch will be possible after the allocation of seats.