The National Testing Agency has invited application for several UG, PG and later entry courses through UPCET 2021 as offered by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU). UPSEE is a renowned exam that is conducted to shortlist the candidates for admission to First Year of B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Des./B.Pharm./ BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/B. Voc./MBA/MBA(Integrated) /MCA/MCA(Integrated)/M. Tech. (Integrated) M. Tech./M. Arch./MURP/M. Pharm./M. Des.& Second Year of B. Tech./B.Pharm./MCA (Lateral Entry). 15% of the total available seats in the private colleges affiliated to AKTU are reserved for management quota. Appearing in UPSEE exam is not mandatory for admission to the management quota seats.
In the UPSEE 2021 exam, there are 11 papers to be conducted for admission to different courses. The duration and number of questions in the exam depend upon the paper for which the candidates are going to appear.
UPSEE 2021 application form correction window is active in between 21st June to 30th June 2021.
The date of exam for UPSEE 2021 has been revised. The last date has been extended till
31st May 202120th June 2021.
UPSEE 2021 is schedule to be held on 18th May 2021. The application form has been released on 1st April 2021 for UG and PG course. For engineering admissions, candidates have to appear for JEE Main conducted by NTA.
UPSEE 2021 Facts
- Total of 8 papers will be conducted in the UPSEE 2021 exam for different courses.
- The application form for the exam will be released only in online mode.
- It is being notified that the application form has been released on 1st April 2021.
- Candidates do not need to send hard copy of documents to the concerned authority.
- There is no age limit for admission to courses offered under UPSEE 2021.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination or have appeared, but results are yet to be announced, are also eligible to take UPSEE-2020.
- Some papers of the exam will be conducted in online (computer-based test) mode and some papers will be conducted in offline (OMR sheet based) mode.
- The duration of exam and number of questions to be attempted depends upon the papers that the candidates are going to attempt.
UPSEE 2021 Important Dates
The official schedule of UPSEE 2021 exam is given below:
|Release of online application form||1st April 2021|
|Last date to submit online application form|
|Correction window availability|
|Publication of Admit Card||To be announced|
|Result Declaration||To be announced|
|Counselling Process||To be announced|
Courses and Papers
The candidate looking for admission to different courses needs to appear for different papers as given below:
- B. Tech. / MCA(Integrated) /M Tech (Integrated): Paper I
- B. Tech. (Bio Technology): Paper I or Paper 2
- B. Pharm.: Paper I or Paper II
- B. Arch.: Paper 3
- B.Des: Paper 1 or Paper 2 or Paper 3 or Paper 4
- BHMCT / BFAD/BFA/ B Voc/ MBA(Integrated): Paper 4
- MCA 2nd Year: Paper 5
- B.Tech. 2nd Year (for B. Sc. Graduates): Paper 5
- B.Pharm 2nd Year (for Pharmacy Diploma Holders): Paper 7
- B.Tech. 2nd Year (for Engg. Diploma Holders): Paper 8
- MBA/MCA: Paper 6
UPSEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for UPSEE 2021 are different for all the courses as given below:
- The candidate must have cleared 10+2 with Physics, Mathematics and any one of the Chemistry/ Biology/ Bio-technology/ technical vocational subjects.
- The applicant should have a minimum of 45% marks at 10+2 level (40% for SC/ ST candidates)
- The aspirant must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Mathematics and any one of the Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Technical Vocational/ ED subjects.
- It is mandatory to have at least 50% marks at 10+2 level (45% for SC/ ST candidates)
- In order to get admission to B.Pharma, the candidates must have passed 10+2 with 45% marks (40% for SC/ ST candidates)
- It is mandatory that the candidate must have studied chemistry, physics and any one of the Mathematics, Bio-tech, Biology and Technical vocational subject at 10+2 level.
For B.FAD/ BHMCT/ BFA Courses
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 with at least 45% marks.
- In order to get admission to MBA, the applicant must have a bachelors degree with 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST candidates)
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST candidates)
- The applicant must have studied Mathematics at 10+2 or graduation level.
Note: The students going to appear for the qualifying exam in the year 2021 can also apply.
UPSEE 2021 Application Form
- The application form for UPSEE (UPCET) 2021 will be released in online mode through the official website i.e. http://www.upsee.nic.in.
- In the application form, the candidates need to provide all the necessary educational, personal and contact details.
- It is recommended that the candidates should enter the authentic details only because the documents will be verified during the later stages of the admission process.
- In addition to the details, the candidates need to upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature in the application form.
- For future reference, the candidates should take a print out of the submitted application form and keep it safe.
- The application fee for different categories will be as follows:
- Male and Transgender candidates of General/ OBC category: Rs. 1300/-
- SC/ ST/ Female/ PH candidates: Rs. 650/-
Mode of Payment: The application fee of UPSEE 2021 will be paid online using a credit card, debit card or internet banking.
Check: UPSEE syllabus
UPSEE 2021 Exam Cities (Tentative)
UPSEE 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for UPSEE 2021 depends upon the paper that you are going to attempt.
- Mode of Exam: Paper 1, 2, 3 and 4 will be held offline (OMR Sheet Based) and reset of the paper will be held online (Computer Based Test)
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice objective types of questions will be asked (except for part B of paper 4)
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for every correct answer
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking
Number of question and duration of exam for different papers
|Paper||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Paper I||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||150 questions- 50 questions each from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||600|
|Paper 2||Physics, Chemistry and Biology||150 questions- 50 questions each from Physics, Chemistry and Biology||600|
|Paper 3||Aptitude Test for Architecture & Design|
Part-A: Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity
Part–B: Drawing Aptitude
|100 questions: 50 questions each from Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity.||600|
|Paper 4||Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/ B.Des/MBA(Integrated))||100 objective type questions||400|
|Paper 5||Aptitude Test for B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry)/ 2nd Year MCA (Lateral Entry||100 objective type questions||400|
|Paper 6||Aptitude Test for MBA/ MCA||100 objective type questions||400|
|Paper 7||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry)||100 objective type questions||400|
|Paper 8||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||100 objective type questions||400|
UPSEE 2021 Admit Card
- Once the application forms are submitted, the university will release the admit card on the official website.
- Please note that the admit card will not be sent by post or email.
- The important information related to the exam such as exam date, time and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be permitted to appear for the UPSEE 2021 exam without a valid admit card.
UPSEE 2021 Result
- The result of the exam will be declared on the official website.
- It is expected that the result will be released in the last week of May 2021 tentatively.
- Along the result, the merit list for the admission will also be released by the university.
- For scrutiny of the answer sheets, the candidates need to submit the application to the following address. – Registrar, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow (U.P.)
UPSEE 2021 Counselling
- After the declaration of UPSEE 2021 result, the final admission will be granted after counselling.
- The candidates scoring more than or equal to the qualifying marks will be invited to take part in the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, the candidates need to fill their choices of college.
- The documents will also be verified during the counselling process.
- The admission will be granted on the basis of marks scored and choice filled by the candidates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: No, it’s not required to send hard copy of documents to the university. Please keep confirmation page safe for future reference.
Ans: List of programmes offered under UPSEE are: First Year of B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Des./B.Pharm./ BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/B. Voc./MBA/MBA(Integrated) /MCA/MCA(Integrated)/M. Tech. (Integrated) M. Tech./M. Arch./MURP/M. Pharm./M. Des.& Second Year of B.Tech./B.Pharm./MCA (Lateral Entry).
Ans: There is no age limit prescribed for appearing in UPSEE 2021.
Ans: Here are the prescribed criteria:
|Height, Weight & Chest Management||Students should be physically fit|
|Hernia, Hydrocele, Piles etc||The same should be corrected before joining|
|Heart and lungs||No abnormality|
|Hearing||Normal, if defected then the same must be corrected before joining|
|Vision||Normal. If defective, the same needs to be corrected to 6/9 in the better eye and 6/12 in the worse one. Eyes needs to be free from congenital or any other disease.|
|Physically Handicapped / Disabled||Type I: At least 40% permanent Visual impairmen|
Type 2- At least 40% permanent Locomotors disability
Type 3- At least 40% permanent speech and Hearing impairment
Ans: Here is the prescribed size for photograph and signature:
|Photograph||maximum size of 100 KB in JPEG format||3.5cm X 4.5cm|
|Signature||maximum size of 30 KB in JPEG format||3.5cm X 1.5cm|