UPRTOU PhD Admission 2023: Candidates, who have completed their Master’s Degree from an institute or university recognized by the State Legislature or Parliament, can apply for the admission into the Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University, Allahabad (UPRTOU).
All the eligible and interested candidates can apply for admission for the session 2023-24. Here, candidates have been provided all the necessary details. Candidates can read all the details and then can apply for the Ph.D. with the desired subjects.
Table of Contents
UPRTOU PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates (tentative)
Below we are listing the important dates related UPRTOU PhD admission. All the dates which have been provided in the table above are tentative and may change as per the discretion of the university.
|Sr.No.||Name of Events||Date|
|1||The date of Issuing of the Application Form||August 2023|
|2||Last Date of Submitting the Application Form||September 2023|
|3||Issuing of the Admit Card for Entrance Test||September/October 2023|
|4||Date of Commencement of the Entrance Exam||October 2023|
|3||Last Date of the Completion of the Admission Process||October 2023|
UPRTOU PhD 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have completed their Master’s Degree with the minimum of 55% marks.
- Candidates, who belong to the reserved category, will be provided the relaxation of 5% marks and they will be eligible to apply for the admission to pursue the Ph.D. degree with 50% marks in their post graduate degree.
- Candidates, who have qualified the JRF / Net / UPSLET / CSIR Examination, will be exempted from the entrance examination.
UPRTOU PhD 2023 Application form
- Those, who want to apply for the Ph.D. programme, need to apply through the online application form.
- The application form will be available online and can be submitted online by the candidates after filling all the details in the application form.
- Candidates need to provide the details in the application form such as their name, date of birth, mobile/phone number along with the local or/and permanent address.
- Candidates will also have to mention the details of their educational qualifications in the application form.
- Before making the submission of the application form, applicants will have to make the payment of the application fee which can be paid online.
Details about the application fee
- Candidates will have to make the payment of the application fee before making the submission of the application form.
- The application fee will be of Rs. 1000 for all the candidates.
- The application fee for the candidates of the reserved category will be of Rs. 550.
- The application fee will be paid thru the Credit card, debit card or net banking.
UPRTOU PhD 2023 Admission Procedure
- University will conduct an entrance examination for the candidates who have applied for the admission to hold a degree of Ph.D. from the university.
- Candidates will have to appear in the entrance examination and then their score will be calculated in the entrance exam.
- Candidates will be given selection on the basis of the marks they have attained in the entrance examination.
- The qualifying marks will be decided by the university in the entrance examination and it is mandatory for the candidates to attain qualifying marks in the exam to confirm their admission.
In the table given below, the qualifying marks in the entrance test are given which have been set by the University for All Categories of the candidates-
|Sr. No.||Category of the Candidates||Qualifying Marks in the Entrance Examination|
|1||For candidates of the general category||50%|
|2||For Candidates of the OBC Category||45%|
|3||For the Reserved category of SC and ST||40%|