The Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University (UPRTOU) annually invites applicants to enroll in the B.Ed programme offered by it. For UPRTOU B.Ed 2019, the University conducts an entrance examination to select the candidates. Candidates can apply for the exam by filling the online application form which will be available in the 2nd week of March 2019. Selection of the candidates will depend on their performance in the exam. Before proceeding for the application form for UPRTOU B.Ed admission, candidates must make sure that they fit the eligibility criteria specified by the University. For more details on the UPRTOU B.Ed 2019, candidates can go through the complete article.
The tentative dates for UPRTOU B.Ed admission are as follows-
|Availability of online application form||2nd week of March 2019|
|Last date to submit the form||3rd week of April 2019|
|Last date of receiving the hardcopy of the form||4th week of April 2019|
|Admit card releasing||Last week of April 2019|
|Exam date||1st week of May 2019|
|Result announcement||2nd week of May 2019|
|Commencement of counselling||1st week of July 2019|
Application form- UPRTOU B.Ed admission 2019
To apply for the B.Ed entrance exam, candidates need to visit the official website of the UPRTOU i.e. www.uprtou.ac.in. They should keep their documents, scanned photograph and signature handy while filling the form. The application form for UPRTOU B.Ed 2019 exam will only be available via online mode. It will consist of details such as name, father’s name, gender, category, educational record, address, date of birth etc. Candidates will have to upload their photograph and signature in the form in proper format.
Applicants should remember to fill the form as per their correct knowledge and official records. There won’t be any correction window facility for the candidates if they commit a mistake while filling the form. Once the form is submitted, no changes will be allowed. Candidates must pay the application fee to avoid the rejection of their applications. They need to send the hardcopy of the filled-in application form to the authority on or before the deadline at the given address-
Exam controller (B.Ed admission 2019)
UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University
Shantipuram sector-F, Phaphamau Allahabad-211021
Application fee: General and OBC candidates must pay Rs. 1000/- towards the application fee for the exam and those belonging to SC/ST category need to pay Rs. 550/-.The payment can be made using online mode (credit card/debit card/net banking) or through E-Challan.
Candidates should make themselves familiar with the exam pattern of the B.Ed entrance exam. The exam pattern is as follows-
- Exam mode: Offline (pen and paper based)
- Medium: Hindi and English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Type of Questions: Objective type (MCQ based)
- Total number of questions: 200 questions (100 in each part)
|Part A||General mental ability||50%|
|Understanding in two teaching subjects||30%|
Eligibility criteria for UPRTOU B.Ed 2019
The eligibility criteria for B.Ed admission in UPRTOU are given below-
- Candidates should have completed teacher’s education programme by conventional method from a NCTE recognized institute or are appointed as a teacher in primary schools can apply.
- Candidates should have done graduation or post graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognized University.
- Candidates should have done B.E/B.Tech from a recognized University with specialization in science and mathematics. They should also have scored minimum 55% aggregate marks.
- Candidates should have studied at least two subjects during graduation out of the given – Hindi , English, physics, chemistry, botany, zoology, home science, mathematics, history, geography, political science, psychology, sociology, economics and commerce or have done graduation in any one of the subject stated and studied one subject at +2 level.
Admit card for UPRTOU B.Ed admission
- The admit card for B.Ed entrance test can be downloaded from the official website of the university.
- The authority will release the admit card a week prior to the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates should take a printout copy of the hall ticket and preserve it for future purpose.
- It is compulsory for all to carry the admit card to the exam hall failing which the candidates won’t be permitted to appear in the exam.
- Candidates should reach the exam center mentioned on the admit card 30 minutes before the commencement of the test.
Result and Counselling
- The result of the UPRTOU B.Ed 2019 admission will be declared on the official website of the University.
- Candidates will be shortlisted as per their performance in the exam.
- A merit list will be drawn by the authority based on the marks secured by the candidates.
- Selected candidates will be invited to attend the counselling session where they need to indicate their preference of college.
- A seat will be allotted to the candidates as per their merit rank and the choices stated during the counselling.
- Candidates need to pay Rs. 16000/- for admission in first year at the time of counselling.
- The admission fee can be paid via Demand draft made in favour of “financial officer, UPRTOU Allahabad payable at Allahabad”