Candidates seeking admission into various branches of engineering from the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun need to take the entrance exam and qualify the same with good marks. They must plan their preparation keeping in mind the UPESEAT exam pattern 2024 and the syllabus specified for the exam.
The exam pattern will help them getting familiarize with the exam i.e. how many questions will be there, what will be the overall structure of the exam, how the marking will be done and so on. The exam will be of three hours and there will be a total of 125 questions asked in the exam. The exam will be conducted in both the modes i.e. offline and online. To fetch good marks, candidates must go through the UPESEAT exam pattern as given below.
UPESEAT Exam pattern 2024
The exam pattern for UPESEAT is as follows-
- Mode of the Exam: The exam will be organized in both the offline (pen and paper-based) and online (computer-based test) modes.
- Duration: Candidates will get three (3) hours to finish the exam.
- Examination language: The question paper will be set in the English language.
- Type of Questions: There will be objective type questions (MCQs) asked in the exam.
- Total Number of Questions: A total of 200 questions will be asked in the centre-based exam and 125 questions in online exam.
- Marking Scheme: For each right answer, candidates will be awarded 1 mark.
- Negative Marking: There is no provision for negative marking. No marks will be deducted for not attempting the questions.
|Sections||Number of questions|
|English Language Comprehension||20|
|Total number of questions||125|
The syllabus for UPESEAT examination will be as per the level of class 11th and 12th respectively. Here are some topics under the syllabus, preparing which the students can score good marks in the exam-
Chemistry: Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Chemical Kinetics, Atomic Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Coordination Compounds, Coordination Compounds, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals, D- and -f Block Elements, Coordination Compounds etc.
Mathematics: Permutation & Combination, Sets, Limit, Integral Calculus, Relations & Functions, Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equation, Matrices & Determinants, Three Dimensional Geometry, Continuity & Differentiability, Coordinate Geometry, Binomial Theorem, Mathematical Induction etc.
Physics: Current Electricity, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Communication System, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Work, Energy & Power, Optics, Oscillations & Waves, Physics & Measurement, Dual Nature of Nature and Radiation, Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism, Electronic Devices etc.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here