The University of Calicut will offer admission into 2 year B.Ed programme for the academic year 2023-24. The online registration window for University of Calicut B.Ed admission 2023 is now open and candidates can apply till 16th June 2023. Admission will be provided in University Education Centers/ Unaided Colleges/ Aided Colleges/ Government Colleges affiliated to the University of Calicut.
In this article, we have discussed the complete details regarding University of Calicut B.Ed 2023 admission such as its Admission procedure, important dates, eligibility criteria, Resolution of tie etc.
Table of Contents
University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2023
|University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2023
|Mode of application
|Basis of admission- entrance or merit
|Merit in the qualifying exam
|Upper Age Limit
|No Upper Age Limit
University of Calicut B.Ed 2023 Admission Procedure
It is mandatory for every candidate to register themselves through Central Admission Process (CAP) online.
Without a CAP registration candidate will never be considered for University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2023 at any stage.
Allotment of seats will not be online. University will publish a rank list of the online registered candidates. Colleges the affiliated to the University of Calicut will carry on the admission procedure as per the schedule provided by the University.
Please follow the instructions shared below:
- If you are a new applicant then you have to verify your mobile number for CAP generation in prior of applying to the Centralized B.Ed admission 2023.
- Once you complete the CAP generation process then proceed to login with the same CAP-ID and Security code. You’ll receive the CAP-ID and Security code on your registered email ID and mobile number.
- Please don’t forget to read notification and prospectus before you apply online.
- Only CAP ID can be created with one mobile number.
- Students are allowed to submit B.Ed / B.Ed Special Education(HI and ID) application using the same mobile number.
- The size of the photograph should be in between 20Kb and 40Kb in JPEG format.
- For SC/ST Category candidates: Rs. 210/-
- For General Category candidates: Rs. 685/-
University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2023 Schedule
Important dates regarding University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2023 are as follows:
|Starting of online registration
|End of online registration
|16th June 2023
|Releasing of rank list of registered students by Uni.
|To be updated
|Rank list by colleges
|To be updated
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2023
Native State: – Admission will be given to candidates from Kerala only. However, a maximum quota of 10% seats in private self-financing colleges will be given to Non-Keralites candidates as well.
- A/B.Sc. degree from the University of Calicut or any other degree considered as equivalent through the 10+2+3 system with an aggregate 50% mark in Part I +II+III together/50% marks in Part III alone. Or A Master degree in a similar subject with at least 50% marks Or 10+2+5 pattern degree will also be considered for Integrated M.Sc. programme. 10+2+3+2 pattern is required for M.Com Programme.
- E/B.Tech with a specialization in Science and Maths with at least 55% marks is eligible for University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2023.
- Candidates passing their qualifying exam from any other university have to submit the equivalent certificate to the University of Calicut at the time of admission.
Relaxation in Marks
- Natives of Lakshadweep along SC/ST candidates and candidates with teacher quota only requires a pass in the qualifying exam
- OBC, SEBC, and OEC candidates will get a relaxation of 5% in minimum required marks.
- 5% relaxation will also be given to the blind candidates.
Note: – Deaf/Dumb candidates are not eligible.
Age Criteria: – There is no upper age limit in the University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2023.
Selection Procedure for University Teacher Education Centres.
- Selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in degree exam in aggregate or part – III. Marks obtained in post-graduation will be considered in the case of Computer Science/Commerce optional.
- A special weightage of 15 marks will be given to the candidate belongs to the area under the jurisdiction of the university of Calicut.
- Weightage will also be given to the candidates having post-graduation in the applied subject. The weightage will be given according to the division in post-graduation exam.
1st Class – 5 Marks
2nd Class- 3 Marks
3rd Class – 1 Mark
- 5 Marks weightage will be given to the candidates having graduation and PG degree from the University of Calicut.
- General candidates with teaching experience in Government/Aided schools will also be granted in with a weightage of 0.1 marks for every month of approved experience up to 5 marks.
- Candidates with N.C.C training and a minimum of 75% attendance will receive a weightage of 5 marks in University of Calicut B.Ed admission 2023.
- If an applicant have double main or triple main subject then admission will be given on the basis of total of all main subjects and weightage will be provided for post-graduation in applied subject.
Resolution of Tie
If more than one candidate grossed a same no. of marks/points admission will be granted on the basis of age and then according to the name in alphabetical order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What will be the mode of University of Calicut B.Ed application form?
Answer: The application form will release through online mode.
Question 2: What will be the basis of admission?
Answer: Admissions would be based upon merit in the qualifying exam.
Question 3: What is the official website to apply for University of Calicut B.Ed admission?
Answer: The official website to apply is https://uoc.ac.in/.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here