Admission into M.Phil programmes at University of Calcutta has begun. Candidates, who are interested to apply, deadline for submitting the application form may fall in the month of September. The university offers its PhD programmes in various disciplines such as Bengali, Sanskrit, Commerce, Pali, Hindi, Urdu, English, Sociology, History, Philosophy, Women Studies, Ancient Indian History, and Culture, Education, South and South East Asian Studies, Political Science and Library and Information Science. Candidates are advised to apply as per the instruction provided by the university.
University of Calcutta M.Phil Eligibility Criteria
All candidates who’d like to get admission to M.Phil course at University of Calcutta are required to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- The candidates must have achieved M.Com, M.A or M.Sc degree in the related field from a recognized institute or university.
- Candidates should have secured 55% marks in the qualifying exam. If you belong to SC/ST category, you need to secure 50% marks for SC or ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the final year exam are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates having a valid score of SET, NET or its equivalent national level entrance test are exempted from appearing in the entrance test.
University of Calcutta M.Phil Application Form: How to Apply?
Candidates can obtain the application form from the official website of the university i.e. www.caluniv.ac.in. Candidates are required to send the hard copy of the application form to the university. Title as ‘’Application for M.Phil in (name of the course they are applying for)” should be mentioned at the cover of the envelope.
Application fee is specified as follows:
- For general category: Rs. 500/-
- For SC/ST/PwD category: Rs. 250/-
Candidates can pay the application fee in the form of demand draft in favour of ‘University of Calcutta’ or ‘C.U.’.
University of Calcutta Admission