Table of Contents
- Name of the Institute: University of Jammu
- Type of Institute: Public/Government Institute
- Courses Offered: Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral courses
- Established in: 1969
- Campus Location:Jammu, J&K, India
- Affiliations: Union Grant Commission (UGC)
University of Jammu Admission
The University of Jammu has been set up to offer various courses in numerous disciplines along with holding the examination, granting degrees and the most of all is to spreading of knowledge and excellence in diverse academics. The University of Jammu holds examinations, grants degrees, generates knowledge and confers diverse academic distinctions. Candidates can take admission in the university to pursue various courses of bachelor, masters and doctorate level. Candidates can take part in the admission process after filing and submitting the application/admission form. In the post given, candidates can get the details about the University of Jammu Admission, Courses offered by the university and the facilities available in the university.
University of Jammu Campus details
The campus of the University of Jammu has been set up in the foothills of Trikuta near the Tawi River. The Main Campus of the Jammu University is situated beside the Baba Saheb Ambedkar Road in Jammu. The university has different campuses located in Jammu which has been facilitated by Teaching Departments, Health Centre, Guest House, Post Office, Jammu & Kashmir Bank, Bookshop, Hostels, Cafeteria and Canteens and many other facilities.
Courses Offered by University of Jammu
The University of Jammu offers various undergraduate, postgraduate courses in different disciplines such as Arts, Science, Commerce, and Management and Engineering. The University of Jammu is comprised of 11 faculties and 36 academic departments which offer courses in various disciplines as given below:
- Faculty of Life Sciences (School of Biotechnology, Department of Botany, Department of Environmental Science, Department of Zoology)
- Faculty of Arts/Oriental Languages (Department of Buddhist Studies, Department of Dogri, Department of English, Department of Hindi, Department of Punjabi, Department of Sanskrit, Department of Urdu)
- Faculty of Sciences (Department of Physics & Electronics, Department of Chemistry, Department of Geology, Department of Geography, Department of Home Science, Department of Physics & Electronics, Department of Remote Sensing & GIS)
- Faculty of Education (Department of Education, Department of Physical Education)
- Faculty of Business Studies (The Business School, School of Hospitality & Tourism Management, International Centre for Cross-Cultural Research and Human Resource Management, Department of Commerce
- Faculty of Mathematical Science (Department of Mathematics, Department of Statistics, Department of Computer Science & IT)
- Faculty of Law (Department of Law, The Law School)
- Faculty of Social Science (Department of Economics, Department of History, Department of Political Science, Department of Library and Information Science, Department of Psychology, Department of Strategic and Regional Studies, Department of Sociology, Department of Life Long Learning
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Music and Fine Arts
University of Jammu Admission process
There are courses in which candidates are eligible to take direct admission through the merit list. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks attained by them in the previous qualifying examination. However, the admission for many courses will be offered the after qualifying the entrance test which will be conducted at various centres.
Facilities offered by the University of Jammu
- Green and pollution free campus in the mountain valley with Scenic beauty
- Dhanvantri Library of JU (TheDhanvantri Library is the Central Library of the University.
- The library has been set up ina 3 storied building having spread in an area of 60,000 sq.ft.
- The library offers about 5 lakh books, journals and 250 current periodicals etc.
- Health Centre (A First Aid Centre, which is actually a full-fledged Health Centre, has been set up on the university campus)
- Distance Education Centre
- Guest House for visitors and guest faculties
- Post Office
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank
- Separate Hostel facility for boys and girls
- Cafeteria and Canteens
University of Jammu Contact Details
University of Jammu,
Baba Saheb Ambedkar Road,
Jammu Tawi (J&K)- (INDIA)
|Phone Number||0191- 2430830, 2431939|
|Official Website||http://www.jucc.in, http://www.jammuuniversity.in|
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here