The University of Burdwan will provide the interested and eligible candidates admissions into its 2-year B.Ed degree course. The admission will be granted on the basis of merit to the fresher candidates and on the basis of length of service to the deputed candidates. The application form will be released in online mode and the candidates can fill it from the month of June 2019 (tentatively). All the important details related to University of Burdwan B.Ed 2019 admission such as eligibility requirement, application form, selection process, etc are given in this article.
The tentative dates of University of Burdwan B.Ed admission 2019 are given in the table below. The actual dates haven’t been released yet and will be updated here as soon as their official announcement is made.
|Online application form release date||3rd week of June 2019|
|Last date for submission of application form||1st week of July 2019|
|Publication of provisional merit list||3rd week of July 2019|
|Beginning of admission process||To be notified yet|
The process of application for admission to B.Ed. Programme 2019 will be completely online. The candidates can get the application form for the same from the official website of the University of Burdwan.
- In the form, the candidates will have to provide the important information related to their personal life (name, age, gender, email id, phone number, etc) and educational life (qualifying exam passing year, marks obtained, etc).
- The candidates will also have to upload their photograph and signature into the form in scanned format.
- Care must be taken to provide only correct details in the form as incorrect forms are liable for rejection.
- The duly-filled application form can then be submitted online with the prescribed application fee.
- The candidates should keep a printout of the application form with them in case of future use.
- The application fee for B.Ed courses will be Rs. 300/- + transaction charge.
- The fee payment can be done via Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking or Allahabad Bank e-Challan.
- If payment is done through Challan, the candidates must preserve a receipt of the same.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Ed admission in University of Burdwan
The below-mentioned eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates who wish to be considered for University of Burdwan B.Ed 2019 admission:
- The age of the candidates should not be more than 38 years as on 30th June 2019.
- There will be relaxation of 5 years for SC, ST and DA (Differently Abled) category candidates.
- The candidates should have either earned a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in Science with minimum aggregate marks of 50%.
- The candidates with BE/ B.Tech degree or equivalent with 55% marks in minimum are also eligible.
- There will be relaxation of 5% marks for SC, ST and DA (Differently Abled) category candidates.
- A relaxation of 5% in qualifying marks in Bachelor’s degree with Hons may be determined either on the basis of Hons marks only or on the basis of Hons marks and marks of the elective subjects taken together (excluding ENVS & Languages).
Preparation of rank list
For fresher candidates:
- A provisional rank list of the candidates will be made on the basis of their grade points.
- The grade points will be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in class 10th, 12th, graduation and postgraduation level.
- Separate lists will be prepared for the candidates who have applied for different method of subject.
For deputed candidates:
- Provisional Rank list [will be prepared on the basis of their approved length of service.
- Separate list for deputed applicants shall be prepared for Life Science Group, Physical Science Group and Mathematics Group.
Counseling & Admission
- After the rank list is published on the official website, the relevant authorities will announce the schedule of counseling.
- The candidates will have to report for the counseling process in person (or an authorized representative on their behalf) and must carry all the important documents (in original and photocopy as well) along with them.
- If any candidate (or his/ her authorized representative) fails to appear for the counseling, he/ she will not be considered for admission and no further request will be entertained in this regard.
- After verification of the certificates, the candidates will be offered final admission.
- The candidates must submit photocopy of the original documents at the time of admission.