University of Petroleum and Energy Studies going to conduct ULSAT 2019 entrance exam to grant admission in the law programmes to eligible candidates at the College of legal studies (COLS).
COLS at the University of Petroleum and Energy studies (UPES) offer admissions in many specializations of law programme like Taxation laws, corporate law, and energy specialization along with the technical courses like cyber law and intellectual property.
On the basis of applicant’s performance in ULSAT 2019, Admission will be provided in the following courses.
Integrated LLB Courses
- BA LLB (hons) in Energy Laws
- Com LLB (Hons) in Taxation Laws
- BBA LLB (Hons) in Corporate Laws
- BA LLB (Hons) in Criminal Law/Labour Law/Constitution Law
- B.Sc LLB (Hons) in Intellectual Property Rights/Medical Law/Health Law/Food Law/Forensic
- BBA LLB (Hons) in International Trade & Investment/Banking, Finance & Insurance/Media & Entertainment Law
- LLM in Energy Laws/ International Economic Law/Business Law/ Law & Technology
Highlights on ULSAT 2019
|Name of examination||UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test|
|Commonly known as||ULSAT|
|Conducting Body||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun|
|Type of exam||Undergraduate|
|Level of examination||University|
|Course Offered||5 years Integrated Law Courses – B.Com. LL.B., B.A. LL.B., BBA. LL.B., B.Sc. LL.B.|
|Mode of exam||Online or Offline|
|Total number of seats offered||400 (approx)|
|Duration of ULSAT||3 Hours|
|Exam date||July 2019|
|Application mode||Online & offline|
|Type of questions||Objective Type Questions|
|Number of questions||150|
ULSAT 2019 Important Dates (tentative)
Candidates can check the expected exam calendar for ULSAT 2019 below
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Last day of Application form Submission||4th week of April 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||Last week of April 2019|
|ULSAT 2019 LLB offline exam||1st week of May 2019|
|ULSAT 2019 LLB online exam||2nd week of May 2019|
|Last date to apply to apply for ULSAT LLM||Last week of May 2019|
|ULSAT LLM Exam||Last week of May 2019|
Eligibility Criteria on the basis of Entrance Exam
- Candidates willing to take admission in BA LLB (Hons)/BBA LLB (Hons)/B.Com LLB (Hons) can appear in ULSAT 2019 if they have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Class X and XII.
- For B.Sc LLB (Hons) programme a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in PCM is also required along with at least 50% marks in class 10th and 12th exam in order to appear for ULSAT 2019.
- For LLM course candidate must possess an LLB degree with at least 50% marks in 10th and 12th.
Eligibility Criteria on the basis of CLAT/LSAT merit
- Applicants having a CLAT rank up to 10000 or LSAT India score of 60 percentile or more along with minimum 50% marks in 10th and 12th do not require ULSAT 2019, they will be given direct entry to group discussion round.
Eligibility Criteria on the basis of Board Merit
- Candidates having at 85% marks in best five subjects of class 10th and 12th along with English as a compulsory subject are exempted from ULSAT 2019.
ULSAT Application Form 2019: How to apply?
Some important instructions related ULSAT 2019 application process is listed below:
- ULSAT 2019 application form will be available in both online and offline (at the UPES enrollment offices) modes.
- Candidates are required to fill and submit the application form before the last prescribed date.
- Aspirants can pay the application fee using Demand Draft (DD), Credit card, Debit card and Net Banking as well. The Demand draft needs to be drawn in the favor of “UPES Fee Account” at payable at New Delhi/Dehradun
|ULSAT 2019 Application Fee: Cost of Prospectus & Application Form|
|Indian Residents||By (DD)/Online||Rs 1,850|
|By Cash||Rs 1,750|
|Foreign Residents||US $75 (as per prevailing Indian conversion rate)|
- A demo test link will be sent to the registered email id of all applicants, this will allow them to have a feel of actual exam like situation and it will make sure that all applicants have complete knowledge about exam procedure.
- Actual link for ULSAT 2019 exam will be sent about 24 hours before the exam. However, the link to an actual exam will be activated at the exact date and time of the exam.
Exam pattern for this exam is elaborated in the table given below:
|Exam Section||No. of Questions||Exam Duration|
|Language Comprehension||30||3 Hours|
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||30|
|Legal General Knowledge||30|
|Total No. of Questions||150|
ULSAT 2019 Admit card will be available on the official website of UPES. Candidates have to enter their application number and date of birth/email id in order to download the admit card. After downloading and printing the admit card applicants need to affix the attested photograph at the provided space on the admit card. The photograph should be similar to the one used at the application form.
ULSAT Result 2019
The result of ULSAT 2019 will be published under the “Admission Alert” on the official website of UPES. Candidates can download their result card by entering their login credentials. Qualified candidates will be called for the group discussion and personal interview round, and then a final merit list of candidates will be created to grant admission to various law programmes at UPES.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited for ULSAT Counselling as per the merit rank. The authority will conduct counselling in two sessions. Candidates are required to attend the counselling in person at the allotted centers. Admission will be finalized only after the verification of documents. Candidates have to pay the necessary admission fee to confirm their seat.