UCEED 2022 result has been declared on 10th March 2022. Candidates seeking admission to the Bachelor Degree program in Design (B.Des) at IIT Bombay (IITB), IIT Guwahati (IITG), IIT Hyderabad (IITH) and Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IIITDMJ) can appear in UCEED 2022. Application form for the exam will be released through online mode from 9th September 2021. Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam. The entrance exam is going to be held on 23rd January 2022.
UCEED 2022 result is available to check from 10th March 2022. Check your result
UCEED 2022 admit card is now available. Check details
UCEED 2022 application deadline has been extended till
31st October 2021 11th November 2021.
UCEED 2022 application deadline has been extended till 17th October 2021 with regular fee.
UCEED 2022 application process has been commenced from 9th September 2021.
According to the latest UCEED 2022 notification, the application form is releasing on 9th September 2021.
Table of Contents
UCEED 2022 Important Dates
The table below presents the important dates related to UCEED 2022:
|Official notification release date||2nd September 2021|
|Availability of online application form||9th September 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fee|
|Publication of admit card||12th January 2022|
|Last date for making correction in the admit card||14th January 2022|
|Date of entrance exam||23rd January 2022|
|Release of draft answer key||25th January 2022|
|Last date for sending comments about draft answer key||January 2022, 4th week|
|Release of final answer key||31st January 2022|
|Result announcement||10th March 2022|
|Submission of application for B.Des program||—|
|Beginning of seat allotment process||—|
UCEED Eligibility Criteria 2022
The following eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled by the candidates if they wish to appear for UCEED 2022:
- Candidates who are born on or after October 1, 1997 (October 1, 1992 for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates) are eligible to apply.
- The candidates need to clear their class 12th exam or its equivalent in order to be eligible.
- Students from all streams (Science, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible
- Applicants who will appear in their qualifying exam in the year 2022 can apply too.
Number of attempts:
- A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years.
UCEED 2022 Application Form
The candidates can obtain the application form for UCEED 2022 by visiting the official website www.uceed.iitb.ac.in from 9th September 2021 onwards. Those who meet the eligibility criteria can submit their application form on or before the last prescribed date.
- To fill the application form, the candidates need to provide their basic personal, academic, contact and other details.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format also need to be uploaded into the application form.
- Care should be taken while filling the application form as any incorrect information can lead to its rejection.
- Duly filled application form can then be submitted online along with the required application fee.
- A copy of the filled-in application fee should be kept safe by the candidates in case future reference.
Payment of the application fee can be done through online payment gateway using net banking facility/ credit card/ debit card. Application fee structure for UCEED 2022 is provided below.
- For general/ OBC candidates: Rs. 3500/-
- For SC/ ST/ PWD/ female candidates: Rs. 1750/-
- For SAARC country candidates: USD 350
- For Non-SAARC country candidates: USD 450
- For Indian national/ PIO/ NRI candidates opting exam centers in Dubai: USD 350
- For SAARC country candidates opting exam centers in Dubai: USD 350
- For Non-SAARC country candidates opting exam centers in Dubai: USD 450
UCEED 2022 Exam Pattern
Check out the basic exam pattern overview for UCEED 2022:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Question paper parts- 2 (Part A and B)
- Question paper language: English
- Number of questions: 69 (Part A- 68 and Part B- 1)
- Duration of exam: 3 hours (Part A- 2:30 hours and Part B- 30 minutes)
- Total marks: 300 (Part A- 240 and Part B- 60)
- Marking scheme: For Part A exam-
- 4 marks will be awarded for right answer and there will be no negative marking for section A
- 4 marks will be awarded for right answer and 0.19 marks will be deducted for wrong answer in section B
- 3 marks will be awarded for right answer and 0.71 marks will be deducted for wrong answer in section B
|Section||Type of questions||No. of questions||Total marks|
|Section A||Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||18||72|
|Section B||Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||18||72|
|Section C||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||32||96|
|Section A||Drawing Aptitude (Subjective)||1||60|
UCEED Syllabus 2022
Details related to the UCEED 2022 syllabus has been provided below.
- VISUALIZATION AND SPATIAL ABILITY: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test, understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
- OBSERVATION AND DESIGN SENSITIVITY: Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analyzing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL AWARENESS: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
- ANALYTICAL AND LOGICAL REASONING: Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
- LANGUAGE AND CREATIVITY: Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
- DESIGN THINKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
- DRAWING: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
UCEED 2022 Admit Card
- Candidates who wish to appear for the UCEED 2022 entrance exam need to download their admit card.
- After downloading, a printout of the admit card should be taken to be carried to the exam center.
- The candidates should carefully examine the entries in the admit card and in case of any discrepancy, contact the UCEED office, IIT Bombay via email [email protected].
- In case of unavailability of the admit card, the candidates need to contact the UCEED Office, IIT Bombay same as above.
- Entry into the examination hall will only be granted to the candidates who carry a valid admit card.
UCEED Result 2022
- The authorities will declare the result of the UCEED entrance exam online tentatively in the month of March 2022.
- Candidates will be able to check their result and download the score card by visiting the official website of www.uceed.iitb.ac.in.
- All shortlisted candidates will get a common merit rank (All India Rank) on the basis of marks scored by them in the entrance exam.
- Those who qualify the UCEED 2021 can then apply for admission to the B.Des program at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
UCEED 2022 Admission Process
- Those who clear the entrance exam need to apply for admission to different IITs providing their basic details and uploading important documents.
- Candidates who submit their forms successfully will be considered for the seat allotment process.
- Seats will be provisionally allotted based on the applicant UCEED rank, category and choice of institutes.
- Selected candidates will be sent provisional allotment letters via their registered email, and will be directed to an online payment system to remit the Seat Acceptance Fee.
UCEED FAQs 2022
I made a mistake while filling up the registration form. What should I do?
In such case, you can send an email to [email protected] with details related to your registration (registration number, candidate name, and mobile phone number) and describing clearly the nature of the mistake. Where possible the authorities will rectify the mistake, or advise you on what to do next.
In which cities UCEED will be held? How can I provide my choice?
Candidates can opt for 3 cities of their choice, in the order of preference, at the time of online registration. UCEED will be held in the following 24 cities in India- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Ernakulum, Panaji, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur and Visakhapatnam.
Is there any facility available for getting scribe services for UCEED?
The services of a scribe are available to candidates who have disability and require assistance in operating the computer. To avail this benefit, the candidate should select this option in the online registration form and upload a copy of the PWD certificate.
How can I check the answer key for UCEED 2022 exam?
The draft answer key for UCEED 2022 exam will be published by the authorities on the official website. The candidates can also submit their grievances against the answer key. A final answer key will then be prepared and released again on the official website.
In case of any query, whom should I contact?
You can contact UCEED authorities through any of the following means, in case you have any query:
Address: Chairman, UCEED-CEED 2022, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai – 400 076
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +91-22-2576-4063/ 9093/ 9094
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here