The details of the TS PGLCET 2019 (Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test) will be soon announced by the Kakatiya University, Warangal. The TS PGLCET 2019 will be conducted on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). This is a state level exam based on which admissions will be provided in the 1-year LLM programme offered by the state universities into their affiliated colleges. You can find all the details of the entrance test from this article.
Latest: TS PGLCET 2019 is going to be held on 26th May 2019.
Important Dates Related to TS PGLCET 2019
|Notification Release||3rd week of March 2019|
|Online Application Availability||March 2019, 3rd week|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form with a Late Fee of Rs 500/-||1st week of May 2019|
|Last Date for Application Form Submission with a Late Fee of Rs 1000/-||May 2019, 2nd week|
|Last Date for Application Form Submission along with a Late Fee of Rs 2000/-||2nd week of May 2019|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form with a Late Fee of Rs 4000/-||3rd week of May 2019|
|Application Form Correction||May 2019, 2nd week|
|Release of Admit Card||3rd week of May 2019|
|Date of Exam||26th May 2019 (Released)|
|Answer Key Release||May 2019, last week|
|Last Date for Receiving of Objections on the Answer Key||Last week of May 2019|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of June 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for TS PGLCET 2019
The basic criteria for the candidates hoping to appear for TS PGLCET 2019 is that he/she must be an Indian citizen belonging to the state of Andhra Pradesh or Telangana. Foreign and NRI candidates will have to satisfy the rules of University, they are willing to take admission in.
Criteria for LLM course (regular):
The applicant must possess a degree in 3/5 year LLB/BL program and the minimum marks obtained in the qualifying exam should be 50% (45% for SC/ST candidate). The final year candidates are also eligible for TS PGLCET 2019.
For LLM course (private):
As on the date of commencement of TS PGLCET 2019, the candidate must have an experience of 3 years as a judicial officer or 3 years for standing as an advocate.
TS PGLCET 2019 Application Form
The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can fill the application form for TS PGLCET 2019. The applicant will have to register using their valid mobile number and email id. The precisely filled application form, with all personal, professional and qualification details, will be submitted along with the application fee. It is important that the candidates take a printout of the duly filled application form for future reference. The whole process of application form filling will be online. The application fee will be Rs 500/-, for the SC/ST candidates and Rs 600/-, for others. The fee payment can be done through TS/AP Online Centers/Citizen Service Centers, e-Seva Centers in Telangana State & Andhra Pradesh or through credit card/debit card/net banking.
TS PGLCET Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted in offline mode. The paper will be divided into two parts and will consist of 120 questions. One mark will be provided for the right answers and there will be no deductions for the incorrect answers. The total duration of the paper will be 90 minutes.
|Parts||Topics||No. of questions||Total marks|
|Part B||Public International Law||16||80|
|Crimes and Torts||16|
|IPR and Other Laws||16|
Syllabus for the TS PGLCET 2019
- Jurisprudence: Schools of Jurisprudence, Custom Precedent and Legislation, Ownership and Possession, Sources of Law, Rights and duties, Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability and Legal Sanctions
- Constitutional Law: Fundamental Rights, Center-State Relations, Directive Principles of State Policy, Executive Judiciary and Legislature, Emergency provisions and Amendments to the constitution
- Public International Law: Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and Outer Space, Extradition, Asylum, Nationality and Statelessness, International law and Municipal Law, State Jurisdiction and United Nations
- Mercantile Law: General principles of contract (sections 1-75, Indian contract Act -1872)
- Labor Law: Trade Union Act 1926 and Industrial Disputes Act 1947
- Crimes and Torts: India Penal Code, Defences, Joint Liability, General Principles of Tort, General Principle and General Exceptions, State Liability for torts and Consumer Protection Act 1986
- IPR and Other Laws: Patents Act 1970, Copyright Act 1957, Human rights, The protection of human rights Act, 1993, Environmental Protection Act, 1986, Salient features of Information Technology Act, 2000 and Right to Information Act 2005
Answer Key, Result and Counseling
A preliminary answer key will be published on the official website of the university a few days after the commencement of the test. This will help the candidates to know their marks before the actual result is uploaded. Any objection to the answer key will be welcomed within six days of publishing the preliminary answer key.
The result of the TS PGLCET 2019 will be announced in the month of June (expected) and a final answer key will also be released along with the result. The candidates can see and download their results by entering their date of birth and roll number on the official website.
The qualified candidates will be called for counseling on the basis of merit list prepared. Document verification and seat allotment will be done at the counseling center and therefore, it is necessary for the students to be physically present at the counseling center on the given date and time. A counseling fee of Rs 800/- for the OC/BC candidates and Rs 600/- for the SC/ST candidate will be charged. The candidates should carry the following documents with them at the time of counseling:
- TS PGLCET 2019 Hall Ticket
- TS PGLCET Result
- Mark sheets or passing certificate of their Bachelor’s degree
- Mark sheet of Intermediate or equivalent
- Mark sheet of SSC or equivalent
- Income certificate (issued on or after January 1, 2018)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)