For admissions in B.Ed courses in 2019, the Tamil Nadu Open University will be conducting TNOU B.Ed Admission 2019 entrance test. The interested candidates can enroll themselves in the entrance test by filling the application form. Application form, admit card, result, everything will be announced on the official website of the university. You can catch all the latest information regarding this examination from this page only. This entrance exam will enroll the students in the B.Ed degree program from where they can learn and earn their professional teaching skills. The program will be of 2 years and a total time of 5 years will be provided to the candidate for completing this program.
Note: The TNOU B.Ed Admission 2019 entrance exam is only for the candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu.
Entrance Exam related Important Dates
Here is the summary of the important dates related to the TNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2019:
|Issue of Application Form||October 2018, 2nd week|
|Examination Date||2nd week of January 2019|
|Result Announcement||3rd week of January 2019|
|Admission Date||January 2019, last week|
Application Form for TNOU B.Ed Admission 2019
The application form can be downloaded from the official university website. Important details will be entered by the candidate in the form along with the important documents. Once filled, the details cannot be changed, so enter it very carefully. It is necessary that the details you enter are genuine, otherwise during verification, if found incorrect, the admission will be canceled. Since the application form is available in the form of OMR sheet, extra care needs to be taken. An application fee of Rs 500/- is also to be submitted along with the application form.
TNOU B.Ed Admission 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The following is the eligibility criteria for appearing in the entrance exam for TNOU B.Ed Admission 2019:
- The candidate should have earned the undergraduate degree in either 11+1+3 or 10+2+3 format.
- Depending on their categories, the minimum marks required for the candidates in their UG degree are:
- Open Competition (OC): 50%
- BC/BCM: 45%
- MBC/DNC: 43%
- SC/ST/SCA (Arunthathiyars): 40%
- Applicants who have secured 50% marks in their PG and who do not match the percentage criteria for UG are also applicable, given that they have the same subjects in their PG as in their UG.
- The candidate can be a trained in-service teacher with D.T.Ed in any government recognized school within the state of Tamil Nadu.
- The candidates who have completed their NCTE recognized teacher education programme in face-to-face mode is also considered eligible.
TNOU B.Ed 2019 Exam, Results and Admission
The admission in TNOU B.Ed degree programme will be taken on the basis of the number scored in the entrance test. The exam can be undertaken in two languages: English or Tamil, which you need to mention at the time at filling the application form. Those who pass the exam will be called for counseling, a total of 1000 seats are available and the candidates will be allotted these seats on the basis of their merits. The applicants will be asked to bring the following documents to complete the admission procedure:
- Counseling letter
- Mark sheets of class 10th & 12th
- UG & PG certificates along with their mark sheets
- Community & Medical Certificates
- NCC/NSS or sports certificates (if applicable)
- Phil & Ph. D marks statements (if applicable)